Re:Avenue Flo comments and reviews

[Post New]by PrincessCoalby on Oct 13, 09 4:29 PM
Oops, when I said it downloads for hours and then completes, I meant NEVER completes.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Oct 13, 09 5:45 PM
Cute. Fine if you like seek and find - and cute.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Oct 13, 09 6:30 PM
Played about 45 minutes of demo and really loved this game. It's not real hard to figure out what needs to be done, not racking my brain trying to figure it out like I like to do with adventure games from time to time. It's just fun, love the characters. I don't play the TM games so they were all new to me, but it makes me curious about the other Diner games, so I might try a demo of them sometime. Thanks BFG, another keeper for me!

Off to buy!

[Post New]by krispug23 on Oct 13, 09 6:41 PM
I found the game to be fun but quite simple and almost childlike easy. I found the game entertaining but I was able to beat the game in a little over 2 hours. Fun but needs to be a little longer and perhaps have the puzzles be tougher. Some of the games began to get boring after playing a simple game 5 times in a row.

[Post New]by arandbee53 on Oct 13, 09 7:08 PM
I've never really had a lot of success at the Diner Dash series, I am thinking I just can't click fast enough. However, this one I loved!
I bought it without even trying the trial version first. Finished it in a couple of hours.
Actually I was a bit disappointed when I realized I had finished the game. I was hoping it would go off on a tangent and send Flo off to help someone else.
Perhaps this leaves room for a S-E-Q-U-E-L (hint, hint, hint Big Fish )
I haven't tried the mini game level much, I needed a break from seeing beads and butterflies, but tomorrow is another day.

Kaerie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Kaerie on Oct 13, 09 7:24 PM
Be aware that there are two instances in the game of what is considered profanity, in many parts of the country ("Oh my G*d). It was a little disconcerting, especially as it came from the cute little girl scouts.

I was kind of disappointed at such language in what seemed to be such a family-friendly game. I realize that in many areas, this is no longer big deal - but there are still large parts of the US, at least, where this is considered *highly* offensive.

Publishers may want to take note of things like that, for a broader outreach for their products.

Edited on 10/13/2009 at 7:26:59 PM PST

[Post New]by gorbykitty on Oct 13, 09 7:41 PM
To those of you having issues with downloading (that never-ending Adobe download issue) -- My new laptop has Vista and I had issues out of the blue downloading games from BigFish. I finally read about a "cure" to disable User Control and it worked. I just had the Adobe downloading freeze with this game, and I tried disabling User Control again. It worked! The game installed in no time. It's worth a try. Go into Control Panel , then go to User Accounts and then "Turn User Account On or Off." This also worked for me when other downloads wouldn't complete. Good luck!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 13, 09 8:12 PM
I finally got around to playing this game. When I first looked at it, I thought that it would be a kids game, but no, it's a good game for "kids of all ages." While I tend not to enjoy adventure games, this one took me by surprise. There are several things that I really like about this game. 1) Finding the trash and butterflies adds a bit of **** to the adventure. 2) No timing. I'm getting to like this in a game. 3) Mini-games are different and quite interesting. I played the full 60 minutes and had not gotten half way through and was justing getting into it, when my time was up. Well, BF, I'm off to purchase the game. A good game is one that makes the player "mad" when the 60 minutes is up -- LOL. I'm off to purchase this game!!! This is a winner game.

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on Oct 13, 09 9:38 PM
Kaerie wrote:Be aware that there are two instances in the game of what is considered profanity, in many parts of the country ("Oh my G*d). It was a little disconcerting, especially as it came from the cute little girl scouts.

I was kind of disappointed at such language in what seemed to be such a family-friendly game. I realize that in many areas, this is no longer big deal - but there are still large parts of the US, at least, where this is considered *highly* offensive.

Publishers may want to take note of things like that, for a broader outreach for their products.

i found it a pleasant diversion from a murder mystery or other spooky or vampire or violent games.
or for that matter the violence and war that exists and offends me in the real world.

i also doubt that there are large parts of the US where OMG is considered offensive. but, than, some consider a banana as proof of a god.

Edited on 10/13/2009 at 9:40:30 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 14, 09 3:02 AM
I have enjoyed the trial time, but its not really a game for me. So I won`t purchase it and wait for the next Dash Game.

[Post New]by PrincessCoalby on Oct 14, 09 8:21 AM
I finally got it downloaded. Had to turn off my anti-virus to get it to load.

Anyway, I'm not going to buy it and here is why. For anyone who wants and fun and simple mystery/adventure, sure it is real cute. Since I'm used to the harder adventure ones and the large file games and such, this was a bit of a bore.

To those of you thinking you'd like to try the other Diner Dash games since you liked this, be warned they are very different. The Diner Dash: Dectective Agency that came out a few weeks ago was actually very enjoyable. I did buy it--so you'd think if I like it I'd like this--maybe i just needed one! However the other Diner Dash are true TM games (my favourite) but I really don't enjoy them mostly because of the dragging and dropping people into their spots. Just find it real boring.

Just my opinion for anyone looking for another point of view. It truly is a cute game, just not for me!

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Oct 14, 09 8:59 AM
Very cute game. Nice graphics and great story flow. The mini games are not skippable, most are fun and really not very tough. Absolutely loved the singing chickens. I would recommend this game to any player looking for an upbeat light hearted playing experience

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Oct 14, 09 11:12 AM
I really didn't think I'd enjoy this game - I love the newer HOG/adventure games, hate TM games, and this looked far too cute for my liking. But, having read some of the reviews here, I downloaded it and ended up buying it. Refreshingly different minigames, good balance of HOG and adventure. This one is fun!

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Oct 14, 09 11:42 AM
I just finished playing the game. I loved it!

[Post New]by pEACHESgROVE on Oct 14, 09 11:42 AM
Thank you Gorbykitty. It worked. Now to try out the game.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Oct 14, 09 1:29 PM
When I saw Avenue Flo I recognised the character as the same one in the TM games, Diner Dash I think it is, so I was not even going to download it as I just hate TM games unless there is an option for a relaxed mode as in the Build a Lot series. Anyway I started playing and I was hooked it was delightful with great mini games. I played the full hour trial and have just got the treat for Snookums, mainly because I didn't realise you could go back the other way up the street duhhhh. Anyway love this reminds me a bit of Emerald City Confidential which I also bought. Love the hand drawn scenes and the song made me laugh. Great game I am going to use a credit on this one. Deffo a keeper

lildee34481
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by lildee34481 on Oct 14, 09 4:39 PM
I played most of the diner/wedding dash games when I first started playing games and kind of got bored with them so I started playing H.O.games which I love purchased several from bfg ,but I had a problem with a large file game and was given a coupon to use for a game and tried the demo and found it entertaining being as now Flo talks as well as the other characters,and it's something other than serving meals etc. it's a cartoonish but that's part of the charm of DD There is one thing I do wish that there was an option to skip a mini game if you wanted to ,it's not that I don't enjoy them but sometimes they take too long to reach the score to get to the next level ,being as I purchased the game I can always come back and restart if I wanted but I kind of get bored ,and just want to move on ,but over all it's worth the coupon

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Oct 14, 09 6:25 PM
My review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy to Medium. I did not get the first list completed before the hour was up, but I was close. However, it's not that difficult to figure out and will be easy for those who play a lot of adventure games.

Playability: Okay. You have to click to advance the dialog, and you can't advance it sometimes until they characters are done talking. I can read faster than they can talk, so that was a bit annoying.

Likes: Familiar characters from the other Flo games; you get unlimited hints to help you solve the mini games. Lots of variety in mini games and other tasks.

Dislikes: Moves a little too slowly - dialog moves slowly and mini games can be long, even with using hints.

Recommendations: Click on everyone you see and pick up all the bottles for recycling.

Will I buy it? Probably not, but mostly because I'm not a big fan of adventure games. I prefer a straight-forward time management game, with maybe some mini games thrown in for fun. I also like games you can play through more than once.

[Post New]by gorbykitty on Oct 14, 09 10:22 PM
Anyone else annoyed with all mini-games having an average of 6 rounds? And there's no skip? I can't get into it. 1-3 are fine, but SIX?? The flower bouquets are KILLING ME. Not to mention boring. I do a lot of logic puzzles (on paper old school) but darn if this isn't dragging the game out. At least add a skip puzzle option to humor usl

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Oct 14, 09 10:32 PM
I LOVE the puzzles and the fact that they're so many. Everybody complains about a short game, and I appreciate that this one is lengthy. I just wish all those puzzles were available in the Activity Mode! But I agree with you that a SKIP button would have been a nice option (although personally I don't like skipping puzzles, I'd rather peek at a walkthrough if I'm stumped).

Go to: