Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jesuitwitch on Nov 6, 15 10:08 PM
I can't find the Strategy Guide.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by knoelli on Nov 6, 15 11:30 PM
I also encountered the access violation problem on Windows 10 (not only for this game but for all ERS games). However, I found a fix for it which may be of use for you as well. Please see my blogpost here which includes details and how I was able to fix the problem: https://vivaldi.net/de/userblogs/entry/casual-game-compatibility-with-windows-10

[Post New]by jilouise1123 on Nov 7, 15 2:37 AM
I have a windows 7...I am getting "runtime error". I get to a certain spot (putting the candle in the cover) and it quits on me. Please help.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 7, 15 5:18 AM
Running Win7, 64 bit, shut my computer down. Done with this.

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SuzyF on Nov 7, 15 6:47 AM
jesuitwitch wrote:I can't find the Strategy Guide.

It's a button above the inventory bar, to the left.

[Post New]by Magz28 on Nov 7, 15 9:05 AM
Anyone having problems with the map? I cannot move the pieces that are at the bottom of the screen. I'm playing on a PC.

Hotel room and crowbar

[Post New]by minoster on Nov 7, 15 9:06 AM
Using Macbook Pro. Kicks me out when I try to use the crowbar on the floor in the hotel room.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Nov 7, 15 3:48 PM
windows 7... I too, get kicked out of the game with a "runtime error" message when I try to put the candle in the box back in my hotel room. FRUSTRATING!

[Post New]by jilouise1123 on Nov 7, 15 4:26 PM
I am playing on a Window 7....I really like this game. The game kicks me out with a message of "runtime Error" Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by not2fat on Nov 7, 15 4:45 PM
I using PC (Vista) and am getting a runtime error and game stops running also when putting candle on top of box in floor in hotel room.

Edited on 11/07/2015 at 4:47:33 PM PST

[Post New]by Kissykat on Nov 8, 15 3:19 AM
my computer is a HP wireless touch screen windows 8.1. I can not make the red candle. won't put fuse in mold.

[Post New]by trezholmes on Nov 8, 15 9:40 AM
Operating Windows 7 - large white sections, entire parts of the screen are whited out, extreme delay on the cursor. Same problem I had with the latest Redemption Cemetery, which i could never get to work, even with the fixes and updates. Deleting. I would like my 2 Game Club credits refunded that I used to purchase this game.

madyad
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madyad on Nov 8, 15 3:35 PM
celticmist62 wrote:
Flissa2 wrote:Windows 10 and another error access violation message and can't open the game. Come on ERS get with it..

Windows 10 and I have the same issue. At least it's with the demo. I'm not going to buy the game until this is resolved.

same issue-i'm tired of issues w/ games

[Post New]by jilouise1123 on Nov 8, 15 8:47 PM
I had problems with "runtime error" and getting the amulet on the dreamcatcher....I started over and had no problem. Just finished.....I enjoyed it but it was strange. Whenever I came across a piece of the dreamcatcher I hit the hint button and placed the piece where it was hinted. I think the runtime error has something to do with the clock next to the hint button. Hope I helped.

valjoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by valjoy on Nov 10, 15 7:08 PM
Like Magz28 and several other gamers have found, 2 pieces of the 2nd map ca't be moved. Clearly a technical hitch.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 11, 15 4:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the various issues reported here. Not to worry, there are several help articles with useful steps that may solve some of these problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Windows 10
Scripting Errors

For those of you who are having trouble progressing past a specific point or action, stopping points like this can be passed by restarting the game or even starting a new profile can help. We can't promise a fix, but we'll let the developer know about this.

If you'd prefer not to restart the game or if the recommended steps haven't worked, I definitely recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help and are also able to assist with replacement games if needed.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 12, 15 3:54 AM
swedane wrote:My wide-screen monitor is 21.5" using the highest resolution at 1920x1080. I'm not able to see either side of the games menu bar. In other words, the game gets stretched too much horizontally.

Your choice in options is either FULL SCREEN or NOT (meaning Windows only). That use to be old school settings, not something you'd expect from todays developers!

Very disappointed with ERS!

I had black bars, now I have another monitor, but now i have the same problem as you have, it's stretched too much, thus also unplayable...

WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY??

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by LarkBea on Nov 12, 15 9:54 AM
shelterhill wrote:
swedane wrote:My wide-screen monitor is 21.5" using the highest resolution at 1920x1080. I'm not able to see either side of the games menu bar. In other words, the game gets stretched too much horizontally.

Your choice in options is either FULL SCREEN or NOT (meaning Windows only). That use to be old school settings, not something you'd expect from todays developers!

Very disappointed with ERS!

I had black bars, now I have another monitor, but now i have the same problem as you have, it's stretched too much, thus also unplayable...

WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY??

There's really nothing more you can actually do if your computers' graphics cards don't support the resolution (apparently, 1920x1200) that is needed to play the game so the black bars are gone and/or the screen doesn't appear stretched. This is something the game developer will have to fix.

Edited on 11/12/2015 at 9:54:31 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 12, 15 11:31 AM
Well, I hope they will, always a big fan of ERS, so don't want to miss them..
I send an email but haven't gotten a reply..
Hopefully big fish will pick it up, but maybe not enough complaints...

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Nov 12, 15 3:11 PM
I hope so too. It looked like an intriguing game.

Go to: