Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Explorer's League Epic Quest

[Post New]by Flybaby on Nov 7, 15 8:33 AM
FYI: Someone on another forum posted a very helpful hint. The locations of all the lock-boxes that you find are shown in your inventory. Just click on the "Key Items" tab.
That will be such a huge help!

apples16951
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by apples16951 on Nov 7, 15 8:40 AM
HOORAY! Thank you Flybaby!

[Post New]by zoomzoomZombie on Nov 7, 15 2:24 PM
teisfortiger wrote:In the Feeshi Island, it's a piece of ground near one of the torch. Took me forever to spot.

I still haven't spotted it. :-)

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Nov 7, 15 2:53 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I, like many others do not like running around old areas looking for stuff.

Rumbitothecore wrote:SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a list of all the locations the chests....

1. Mysterious Forest
2. Shady Forest - 2nd field from top
3. Dusty incline - furthest field on right
4. Windy Crest - bottom right
5. Dusty loop - top right
6. Lower Evergreen Forest - bottom right
7. Upper Evergreen Forest - bottom right
8. Deep Swamp - top right
9. Mountain Peak - bottom left
10. Terrifying Traverse - top left
11. Creepy Crevice - bottom right
12. Sickening Stream - top
13. Feeshi Island - top left
14. Desert City Gate - bottom right
15. Ancient Port - top right
16. Tribal Village- bottom right
17. Outer Temple Ruins - top left
18. Jungle Temple - top
19. Main Mine - top left
20. Molten Core

Enjoy!!

[Post New]by AngTho on Nov 7, 15 3:32 PM
For those of you who have done the quest and got all the boxes. Is it worth it?
I`m thinking about just skipping it if the payof isn`t worth it. So far it just seems like a waste of energy.

KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Nov 7, 15 9:33 PM
AngTho, while I think it's worth it because I like completing everything, you might not feel the same way.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of it all, you get a couple of energy packs and (if I've understood correctly) a permanent boost to your base energy, some gold, and a title.

But the most interesting thing is that you've completed part 1 of the adventure, and will be able to continue with part 2 when it comes out.

Hope this helps you make your decision!

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Nov 8, 15 5:38 AM
AngTho wrote:For those of you who have done the quest and got all the boxes. Is it worth it?
I`m thinking about just skipping it if the payof isn`t worth it. So far it just seems like a waste of energy.

This is what I consider a casual side quest, that can be played at your leisure. It is definitely an energy hog, and you will use up far more energy than the rewards you earn. So, is it worth it? You will have to decide. IMHO, if you are an advanced player, and have completed all of the areas and other side quests, then go ahead and do it. But, if you still have other content to finish, you may want to save this quest for later, because your other quests will suffer.

Spoiler Alert

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
According to Wiki:
2 large energy packs, 6%XP, and 20 Max energy ...

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Nov 8, 15 3:54 PM
apples16951 wrote:FRUSTRATED. There were a couple of locations where I did not see any wisps of smoke, so I skipped them and went on to the other locations (thanks Zoom Zoom!). Now I can't remember which ones I skipped, and there's no way to identify the locations of the boxes I DID find. I'm missing two. I think I shall never finish this quest.

I copied the list of locations into MS Word, then checked them off as I found the boxes. I knew I would not remember!!!

Good luck!

tgcougar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by tgcougar on Nov 9, 15 7:18 AM
Flybaby wrote:
AngTho wrote:For those of you who have done the quest and got all the boxes. Is it worth it?

This is what I consider a casual side quest, that can be played at your leisure. It is definitely an energy hog, and you will use up far more energy than the rewards you earn. So, is it worth it? You will have to decide. IMHO, if you are an advanced player, and have completed all of the areas and other side quests, then go ahead and do it. But, if you still have other content to finish, you may want to save this quest for later, because your other quests will suffer.

Spoiler Alert

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
According to Wiki:

XP is replaced by a bunch o' gold if you are at max level.

tgcougar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by tgcougar on Nov 9, 15 7:24 AM
Just finished (yay, me! ) and I found that the lists provided by others were MOST helpful. Also, I started with the Molten Core and worked my way back, as I thought that once I got a fresh refill of energy (level 300), I could clear 7 or 8 early fields in a day, and was mostly right. Tough to use up 3000 energy when a quick whack only takes 18 at a time.

I liked this quest and thank the devs for coming up with something unusual (and a bit more difficult)!!

Now that we've 'seen' the future, I can't wait to see what the other 11 floors of the skyscraper will contain!

MIRILU
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MIRILU on Nov 9, 15 3:02 PM

tgcougar wrote:
I liked this quest and thank the devs for coming up with something unusual (and a bit more difficult)!!

I agree with you tgcougar, I loved "EXPLORING" areas for visual clues though some of them were very difficult to spot but I am always ready for new challenges

A big thank you to the developers - looking forward to the next episode

Edited on 11/09/2015 at 3:04:55 PM PST

Chuck_Havens
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Nov 10, 15 7:31 PM
Flybaby wrote:FYI: Someone on another forum posted a very helpful hint. The locations of all the lock-boxes that you find are shown in your inventory. Just click on the "Key Items" tab.
That will be such a huge help!

Flybaby,

Thanks for posting this very helpful hint.

Since the lockboxes are at the end of your inventory, you can go there by opening your inventory and pressing CTRL/SHIFT +the right arrow in your inventory.

I discovered this yesterday and have not seen it posted anywhere:

You can scroll through the Achievements by pressing SHIFT +the down arrow.

CAUTION: This will take you down 6 screens NOT 4.

Also, you can go from the top of the Achievements to the bottom in one keystroke. Press CTRL/SHIFT +the down arrow on the Achievements page.

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Nov 12, 15 11:25 PM
Finished this quest eariler today...just wanted to say...

a BIG THANKS to ALL that posted hints and lists

....oh, and THANKS to the DEVS as well

CandyDay1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by CandyDay1 on Nov 13, 15 10:21 AM
hey apples if you go into your inventory and the key items tab you will see what lock boxes you have found. It says below them the area that you found them in. Just use the spoiler list to figure out which 2 locations you missed.

[Post New]by Silverthornfire on Nov 13, 15 4:33 PM
Thanks to Rumbi for putting up the list of where to look.. I couldn't figure out what they meant by blue/yellow glow until she described what to look for!

I also found the boxes a LOT faster once I changed my pet to one that helped quest items (even tho the critter is only level 20) it made a huge difference. So all those ppl who are struggling.. try doing that

Toodlepip!

VisionAri
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

[Post New]by VisionAri on Nov 14, 15 6:19 AM
Silverthornfire wrote:Thanks to Rumbi for putting up the list of where to look.. I couldn't figure out what they meant by blue/yellow glow until she described what to look for!

I also found the boxes a LOT faster once I changed my pet to one that helped quest items (even tho the critter is only level 20) it made a huge difference. So all those ppl who are struggling.. try doing that

Toodlepip!

Great idea! I've already found all the lockboxes but the Thanksgiving Event is coming up soon, so I've equipped an unused pet (the only "quest items" one I've got) and fed her a level 15 treat.

[Post New]by AngTho on Nov 14, 15 9:18 AM
tgcougar wrote:
Flybaby wrote:

Spoiler Alert

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
According to Wiki:

XP is replaced by a bunch o' gold if you are at max level.

I`m maxed out lvl vise and almost at The Flux, so I think I`ll do this quest. I`m only missing 6 boxes. Thanx guys.

Crickettt
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by Crickettt on Nov 14, 15 9:52 PM
teisfortiger wrote:In the Feeshi Island, it's a piece of ground near one of the torch. Took me forever to spot.

WOULD HAVE TAkeN me forever if not for you..tnx

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Nov 15, 15 1:06 AM
VisionAri wrote:
Silverthornfire wrote:Thanks to Rumbi for putting up the list of where to look.. I couldn't figure out what they meant by blue/yellow glow until she described what to look for!

Toodlepip!

Great idea! I've already found all the lockboxes but the Thanksgiving Event is coming up soon, so I've equipped an unused pet (the only "quest items" one I've got) and fed her a level 15 treat.

VisionAri,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I saw your post and checked which pet I had equipped. It was one for puzzle pieces and I was trying to get quest items. I switched pets and have been getting quest items.

Thank you again.

Discus3

countrygal2
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by countrygal2 on Nov 26, 15 6:22 PM
I have been doing explorers quest and thanksgiving quest at the same time and enjoyed going back to all the areas and finding items. Thanks to Rumbi for the locations. I found all the boxes - also enjoyed the Thanksgiving Parade today - Great event!!

Go to: