Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Tarall654 on Nov 23, 15 4:01 PM
Lituya wrote:I'm also having issues with making the tea in the bonus chapter. It won't let me pick up the mortar and there is nothing left to do.

I did too. Very frustrated. What I did was created a new game and completed it using easy mode, hint and skip to make it go fast. When I got to the tea I made sure I had all of the items first and followed the instructions carefully, That did the trick, but you may not want to re-do the whole game. I am just that anal that I had to finish it!!!

jazeribe
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jazeribe on Nov 27, 15 4:56 PM
Don't know if this is a tech issue or not but just purchased the game and it is not playing in widescreen. any fixes?

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Dec 1, 15 2:52 PM
seems like the only response you ever get here from BFG is the same old canned one, and it never addresses the issues people are having.

[Post New]by droidrot on Dec 1, 15 9:10 PM
salad3 wrote:There's a glitch in the bonus game. It has it's own thread, so I didn't even realize no one had posted it here. But I'm trying to make the tea; I have done everything I needed to do, it will not let me use the pestle on or pick up the ingredients for the tea. When I hit "hint", it tells me what I need to do, but I've already done it. So I can't move forward. The bonus games are the only reason I even bother getting the CE's, and I really enjoyed this one, so I'm really disappointed. It's at the tail end of the bonus game. I lack closure!

Same here, please fix this glitch.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Dec 4, 15 12:59 PM
I'm halfway through the game and the hint button just stopped working. SO discouraging! I really don't want to start all over again. Anyone else have this happen?

I posted this in a new thread (which I deleted) and realize it should have gone here.

Sandhya1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Sandhya1 on Dec 6, 15 11:12 PM
droidrot wrote:
salad3 wrote:There's a glitch in the bonus game. It has it's own thread, so I didn't even realize no one had posted it here. But I'm trying to make the tea; I have done everything I needed to do, it will not let me use the pestle on or pick up the ingredients for the tea. When I hit "hint", it tells me what I need to do, but I've already done it. So I can't move forward. The bonus games are the only reason I even bother getting the CE's, and I really enjoyed this one, so I'm really disappointed. It's at the tail end of the bonus game. I lack closure!

Same here, please fix this glitch.

I am also having this problem. You can't skip it so am stuck in the bonus game. Big Fish please help!

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Dec 7, 15 1:34 PM
I am also stuck in the Bonus. Unable to make the tea. Very frustrating.

Really hoping the developer will fix this!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 8, 15 1:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this particular game. If you haven't already, please look at the following help article for hints regarding any freezing issues or unable to progress:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

We definitely want to help players get things up and running and recommend to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They have the tools to troubleshoot as well as keep track of and report these issues to the appropriate team. I do want to let players know that if you receive an automated response, please reply directly to that email if further assistance is needed. This will let a representative know to provide a more personalized response as well as ensure your place in line.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

eulea76
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by eulea76 on Dec 12, 15 9:52 AM
I can't get the puzzle in the Harpy nest to make the white wings and I can't get it to skip. Loved the game so far but this is frustrating. How do I get the skip to work?

[Post New]by etfamily on Dec 18, 15 1:22 PM

[Post New]by grand1844 on Dec 20, 15 6:15 AM
I have the same issue. WINDOWS XP SP3. The support team is quick to issue a free game code (automated response?) I would rather they issued a fix.
The game is great but the problem is a pain,

desandnrs wrote:I could not exit the game. I kept clicking on the MENU button, but it did not do anything. I had to shut down my computer to get out.

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by berrymama on Dec 24, 15 10:54 PM
9otters wrote:
desandnrs said,

I could not exit the game. I kept clicking on the MENU button, but it did not do anything. I had to shut down my computer to get out.

I had this issue too...briefly. I tried to exit while a mini-game was on the screen. The menu button wouldn't let me exit. I had to exit the mini-game before the menu button would respond.

I don't know if that was the case with you, but maybe this will help? Hope so.

I've had this problem each time I play the demo?!?! Not in mini... anywhere in the game where I decide to stop. The only way I can exit is to use ctrl-alt-del.. Would love to by this game while it's on sale.. but I guess I won't with something wrong with it??

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by berrymama on Dec 24, 15 10:57 PM
grand1844 wrote:I have the same issue. WINDOWS XP SP3. The support team is quick to issue a free game code (automated response?) I would rather they issued a fix.
The game is great but the problem is a pain,

desandnrs wrote:I could not exit the game. I kept clicking on the MENU button, but it did not do anything. I had to shut down my computer to get out.

yes that is the only way I could get out too. Only I didn't have to shut the computer down... I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to go to Windows Task Manager and ended the game there.. It's a shame since it is such a fun game!!

szeb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by szeb on Dec 28, 15 2:47 PM
So, still no fix for the bonus game tea puzzle I guess. Too bad. Really such a great game, only to be ruined because I'm unable to finish. Third game something like this has happened with these past few months...getting annoying. I don't have the time to replay these games. I'm sure Big Fish would refund my money as customer service has always been excellent, but I would much rather have patches for these games. Unfortunately those rarely seem to come.

[Post New]by machbob on Jan 2, 16 4:12 PM
Agreed, would like to just finish the bonus game and story!! No way I want to restart bonus game, and then have it possibly to the same thing when I get to the tea!!

Stuck in hanging gardens...

[Post New]by wendyvt68 on Jan 3, 16 5:28 PM
It looks like I am supposed to be able to remove something from the rock puzzle on the wall to the right of the water fountain, but it won't let me take it. I have tried hint and it just keeps pointing me back to that puzzle. I solved it and it left behind two puzzle pieces but it won't let me do anything with them. Windows 7

Edited on 01/03/2016 at 5:30:35 PM PST

Sunglasses

[Post New]by silvereagle on Jan 14, 16 7:50 AM
I was nearing the end and went to give the blacksmith the sunglasses and they dissappeared, now will not do anything. Using win 8.1 64 bit anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by Bookmaniac1 on Jan 27, 16 11:44 PM
Having not played the game for a couple of weeks, when I opened it I was in the same location (underground cavern), but had no map, and had lost previous achievements and record of collectibles found. I then navigated around and got stuck back in the village and cannot interact with anything or move out of the screen - unable to complete game. I'm reluctant to restart under a new profile as I had completed so much of it already. Please help!

[Post New]by heydiddlediddle on Feb 10, 16 7:42 AM
in the main game, I cannot open the chest with the code indicated in the strategy guide, 3/6/9/12/etc....that is revealed by the ink at the pendulum. I have tried multiple times, exiting and reentering game. nothing happens at all. playing on windows 10, 64 bit....not sure if more info is needed. I finally decided to skip the puzzle so I could move on.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 1, 16 10:40 AM
I waited quite a while to purchase this game, hoping that all the tech issues would be fixed. It appears that either the devs cannot figure out how to correct their own glitches or simply do not care about their customers.

I am now in the Bonus Game and cannot use the pestle to crush the berries and leaf for the root. I cannot, of course, continue until this is done. I am now going to send a request to Customer Support with a Dr. Felix report and screen shot attached. Here's hoping ....

Go to: