notonce
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Insider Tales: The Secret of Casanovacomments and reviews

[Post New]by notonce on Oct 15, 09 7:39 AM
Game was too slow and not clear on what to do next on some scenes.Just didnt care for this one. I usually buy 3/4 games a month but only been able to find one so far this month, Puppet Show now that was a great game. I am needing a new game fix so will keep looking any one have any suggestions.

[Post New]by SandeeBeach on Oct 15, 09 8:04 AM
notonce wrote:Game was too slow and not clear on what to do next on some scenes.Just didnt care for this one. I usually buy 3/4 games a month but only been able to find one so far this month, Puppet Show now that was a great game. I am needing a new game fix so will keep looking any one have any suggestions.

HI I aiso really enjoyed Puppet Show, also you may want to try Reincarnations Awakening #3 in the top 100 beautiful, fun game when you turn off the tutorial, Another new game that I also liked was Vampire Saga Pandoras Box, #2 of the top 100, one which someone said "game within a game because things are not always what they appear to be.
Have fun

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Oct 15, 09 8:05 AM
I have finished the game and enjoyed the play.

The graphics are wonderful.
The music is classical, but you can put your own, because all the dialog
is written and has an approprate lenghth.
The items, some easy, some hard to find, ratio abt 70% - 30%
In all the **** scenes, there is some interactivity needed in order to find all.
You do not have to *pick through garbage piles*, that is nr.1 for me.
The hints reload just in the right time, make you look for objects a little longer.
Minigames, relativelly easy and skipable.
The story is good, woll keep you interested, but dont forget except for some locations it is a fairytale. (History has nothing to do with it).

On the whole. it is a great game for those enjoying playing, not just rushing through.
8 s out of 10

[Post New]by moonstar727 on Oct 15, 09 8:30 AM
Having trouble placing objects on the telescope. I can see where they belong but they won't stay in the scene. What am I doing wrong??

Aahz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Aahz on Oct 15, 09 8:36 AM
Hello moonstar727!
afaik the cursor should show those tiny gears spinning when you point over a place where you could place the item form your item panel!
hope that helps!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 15, 09 8:44 AM
Hello fishies,

Just finished the free demo of this game. Loved the beautiful artwork!! Loved the concept! Loved the search and find elements and the mini games (except for the "spot the difference" kind) but HATE the custom cursor. The custom cursor in some games tends to "shake around" making it harder to set it where it needs to be to click on needed objects. I don't have that problem with the regular cursor. My hand is quite tired just from playing the hour demo with its shaky custom cursor. I've read notes in various forums where other fishies have stated that they also have problems with custom cursors. Makes me wonder why the people making the games don't take a hint and make the use of the custom cursor optional. More game makers seem to be adding that option now, but, unfortunately, this game maker did not.

If a game has a "shaky cursor" and doesn't give me the option of using my regular cursor, I tend to avoid buying it... no matter how much I like the game. This game falls into that category. Too bad, for I think the artwork and some of the other features are great! LOVE BIG FISH... HATE SHAKY CURSORS ! !

Classicaljazz

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Insider Tales: The Secret of Casanova comments and reviews

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 15, 09 9:10 AM
Initial impressions very good, but I must go to sleep and so will demo and review later on. Probably a buy for me tho, based on first 20 minutes.

No problems running, cursor a little sluggish but have a gamers mouse with speed adjustment on the fly so that's not a problem to speed up.

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Oct 15, 09 9:35 AM
I beta'd the game and though it was too short as there were only 4 cities, have they added more? In beta the game was over in 4. Still not sure how I feel about it. I'll check the walkthrough and keep an eye on the comments.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 15, 09 9:57 AM
I enjoyed and purchased the last one, "Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus". I Tried this one and like it too! It is more of the same. An interactive HOG or IHOG. You not only find list items but you need to use items to accomplish certain objectives, use the key to unlock something, etc.

The graphics are beautiful, the music is pleasant and the Casanova storyline is fun. I also enjoy "travel" and in this game you go to at least 4 different countries.

I am still in the Demo but enjoy this enough to buy it. As I recall, one criticsm for the original was "it's too short". it was NOT too short for me. I do suspect this game will be of a similar length, somewhere between 2 and 3 hours. That is certainly a good length for a casual game. If you are someone who skips everything you can and hurries through, this game may not be for you but then there are not many that are and you should go into commercial adventure games or an online MM whatsit (I can't remember those initials).

I give this game

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 15, 09 11:55 AM
Prima2339 wrote:I just started the game and already I'm stuck!?
I need a key for the diary which shows Lamp + = Key
The lamp is obvious, but where's the lightbulb?? I can't find it anywhere?
When I try the hint button it just shows sparkles around the lamp, but I can't click on it for anything?
I'm sure it's something very simple, but I still need help.

Hi Prima. Find the light bulb, then put it on the lamp. Turn on the lamp and the key will fall out.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 15, 09 12:12 PM
This is a pretty divese HOG -- HOs plus mini-games such as find the differences, puzzles, complete a task based on given cues.

My Likes: Graphics were good and easy on the eye. HOs were neither too easy nor to hard to find. The mini games are different, though somewhat easy. You can skip both the dialogue and mini-games. There is no timing.

My Not Sures: There are limited instructions for completing the mini-games. This is OK for those of us who play these games a lot, we can figure out what to do. For those new to these games, one my start scratching ones head -- LOL. Music, I can do without, so I did. A little too much dialogue, though you can skip it. I would have liked a little more challenge in the game -- no timer, generous hits -- are great, but it would be a better game if there was some challenge somewhere in the game.

My Bottomline: I give it a go for a good game and 3 and 1/2 - . It would have earned more if it put a little more "punch" in the game. I'm on the fence with purchasing this game, but well worth the 60 trail!!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 15, 09 12:23 PM
bribling wrote:I enjoyed and purchased the last one, "Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus". I Tried this one and like it too! It is more of the same. An interactive HOG or IHOG. You not only find list items but you need to use items to accomplish certain objectives, use the key to unlock something, etc.

The graphics are beautiful, the music is pleasant and the Casanova storyline is fun. I also enjoy "travel" and in this game you go to at least 4 different countries.

I am still in the Demo but enjoy this enough to buy it. As I recall, one criticsm for the original was "it's too short". it was NOT too short for me. I do suspect this game will be of a similar length, somewhere between 2 and 3 hours. That is certainly a good length for a casual game. If you are someone who skips everything you can and hurries through, this game may not be for you but then there are not many that are and you should go into commercial adventure games or an online MM whatsit (I can't remember those initials).
I give this game

It's "MMO" - it means "massively multiplayer online" - like Halo online or Runescape.

I also agree with your review of the game... I like it and will finish playing out the demo then most likely buy it.

Cherieaa
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Cherieaa on Oct 15, 09 12:23 PM
I think this is one I will purchase.

Today I received a medallion from BFG which I will use as a paperweight on my desk. Thank you BFG for the gift. Its quite nice and hefty also.

I can see by the hints of games to come Casanova will not be my last purchase in the next few weeks.......no cobwebs on the credit card for the next couple of months.
I am excited about some of the new releases.

[Post New]by crazybeauty413 on Oct 15, 09 12:43 PM
Hi everyone... i need help im stuck in venice. im on the baloon part and cant find the key for the parrot cage. When i hit the hit button it circles the top buildings. i still cant find the key. where is it??? Please help

[Post New]by crazycatjag on Oct 15, 09 12:53 PM
Hi All. Is there a walk through for this game? Thanks.

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Oct 15, 09 12:54 PM
I'm having no problems with the game. Even the curser is working fine.
I do need help with placing bets. I just don't get how to figure out where
to place the chips. Can someone give me a hint.

For the key to the cabnet - The light bulb is in the back corner of the safe
on the right - put it on the lamp shade. Turns on the light. I found the shadow
of the key center front at the bottom of the shade.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Oct 15, 09 1:19 PM
I really can't understand why a lot of you are having technical problems with your cursor and other items......must be your computer. I am having no problems at all........cursor is not floatie, it goes just where I want it to go, nor is it heavy. Items are not hard to find, and the mini games are about average. I have nothing against find the difference mini games, in fact, I enjoy them.
Happy gaming.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Oct 15, 09 1:55 PM
I have just played through the 60 minutes demo, and I'm still unsure what to do.

Pros:
Generally, I loved the game. The art was beautiful, graphics were clear and sharp, easy to see the items, and there were no chaotic junk piles to search through - the items were tastefully hidden around in the picture.

The story is interesting, although I would have loved even more story parts and conversations, but it's very well made.

The scenes are untimed, which is a huge plus in my book, because I hate getting stressed... I prefer to enjoy myself while searching for items and clues.

I also enjoyed that there were elements of adventure games in addition to the HOG elements. You did not only need to find items on a list, but also put things in your inventory that were needed to solve puzzles and clues to move on.

Cons:
My biggest concern is that it is so short. You get to visit four cities to collect four pieces of an artifact. During my 60 minutes of play - where I didn't skip any scenes or conversation, and took my time both on hidden scenes and minigames - I had almost finished the third city when the trial ended. Unless they have a twist that extends the story beyond finding the four pieces of the artifact, I'll assume that this entire game won't take more than 1,5 - 2 hours. Way too short, and a real pity, since the game in itself is so delicate and beautiful.

I'm also mildly annoyed at elements in the storyline, because it moves back and forth between "plausible" to "implausible" for what a police inspector would say and do. What I mean is those places where she suddenly has to tidy up for other people, or take care of their shop or make them breakfast, to get the information she needs. No "real" police inspector would do such things and keep their dignity and self respect - and who would respect a police inspector who would do your cleaning just because you asked them to. There are many games which have elements of this behaviour - in the middle of finding clues and solving quests, the main person suddenly has to clean up for somebody before they can talk to them - regardless whether the person you play is a school girl or a renowned scientist. It's stupid, and always ruins the realistic feel of the storyline and annoys me quite a bit when the game creators can't find any other plot twists to make you search a room.

Edited on 10/15/2009 at 3:20:11 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 15, 09 1:58 PM
locoowl wrote:I'm having no problems with the game. Even the curser is working fine.
I do need help with placing bets. I just don't get how to figure out where
to place the chips. Can someone give me a hint.

For the key to the cabnet - The light bulb is in the back corner of the safe
on the right - put it on the lamp shade. Turns on the light. I found the shadow
of the key center front at the bottom of the shade.

To place the bets correctly you only need to use half of them. Start with the coloured piece with the 7 on then look for a piece that means Blue = Deep Red +3 and then work from that one.

My problem is that I finished the first 3 sections of the game but when I tried to play the 4th I ended up looking at a blank screen and the only way I could get out of the game was to use the reset button on my tower as neither the escape button or ctrl+alt+del worked.

Haven't been back to try and see if I can access the game again since, might try later.

C

Hi All. Is there a walk through for this game? Thanks.

Yes Margie said that she would be posting one, if it is not already up it will be very soon.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Oct 15, 09 2:04 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to announce that the walkthrough for Insider Tales The Secret of Casanova is now available on the Big Fish Blog.

You can access the walkthrough by copying and pasting the link below into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/insider-tales-the-secret-of-casanova-walkthrough/

Thanks,

Margie B

Go to: