stuck in bonusgame

Re:stuck in bonusgame

[Post New]by countrygal083 on Nov 29, 15 1:58 PM
I'm in the same boat too. I'm just hoping for an update. I've done everything, looked at walkthroughs, the in-game strategy guide, etc. I actually just submitted a bug report to Big Fish.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Dec 1, 15 2:45 PM
Hmmmmm, interesting that BFG has nothing to say about this problem.

[Post New]by droidrot on Dec 1, 15 9:08 PM
Me too. Can't crush the stuff for the tea.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Dec 3, 15 2:41 PM
hdnobjgamluvr wrote:Hmmmmm, interesting that BFG has nothing to say about this problem.

I have't gotten this far, so I can't speak to the issue, but BF can't do anything about it if is a glitch, it would be the developer. But at least BF could notify the developer.

[Post New]by cmacgamer on Dec 5, 15 6:03 PM
I too am stuck in this spot.
Would starting over even help?

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Dec 6, 15 12:10 PM
Add me to the list, too. Very frustrating.

Here's hoping for a fix.

Edited to add:
I just contacted Customer Support for this and for the glitch in Witches' Legacy:Awakening Darkness. Was enjoying each game before hitting the issues.

Sometimes I just shrug and move on when I cannot complete a game, but to have two CEs in a short time span have such an issue, I cannot ignore it. I can only guess that QA testing was limited for both games. Shame because both were very good games up to the point of failure.

Edited on 01/11/2016 at 4:35:25 AM PST

[Post New]by steiny1 on Dec 13, 15 1:41 PM
Having same problem. Can't grind tea ingredients. Stuck in game. Has there been a fix yet

[Post New]by cydcat on Dec 16, 15 9:38 AM
I too am stuck at the tea! Everything is where it is supposed to be but I can't pick up the pestle to grind. STUCK.

[Post New]by merlinmerry on Dec 17, 15 3:38 PM
I NEVER post but am so-o-o frustrated. I'm stuck here too. I had to turn off all the sound because I was ready to punch out that annoying old man and his constant "read the recipe." (Scared my dog shouting at that codger.)

[Post New]by SingleChic976 on Dec 18, 15 6:55 AM
IT'S NOT A GLITCH!!! I too had the same trouble at first. Then I went back and re-played the entire game to get to the bonus chapter and this time I followed the directions to the recipe EXACTLY as written. Follow the steps below....

After collecting all of the ingredients return to the field hospital. Go to the table and put the mushroom into the press. The extract from the mushroom automatically goes into the green vial. Then add the wood dust to the green vial. Next, and this is very important to get the exact order....return to the tent in the market scene and brown the leaf (if you've already done this that's ok). Go back to the table in the field hospital and put dried leaf in the bowl FIRST, add the tree of life wood chips SECOND, LASTLY add the stunberries. The pestle will automatically go into the bowl and mash your ingredients. Pick up the bowl of mashed ingredients (you'll come back for the green vial in a minute) and return to the goblins hut to make the tea. Add your ingredients from the bowl into the teapot THEN add the elixir of life...IN THAT ORDER! You'll be prompted to put the lid onto the teapot so it can steep. Then pick up the teapot and return to the field hospital. Pour the tea into the green vial and whala the vial automatically goes into your inventory. Enjoy the rest of the game!

[Post New]by Dentistmom on Dec 24, 15 12:35 PM
SingleChic976 wrote:IT'S NOT A GLITCH!!! I too had the same trouble at first. Then I went back and re-played the entire game to get to the bonus chapter and this time I followed the directions to the recipe EXACTLY as written. Follow the steps below....

No, this IS a glitch. You shouldn't have to play a game over from the beginning just to do something in a different order to finish. They need to fix this!

szeb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by szeb on Dec 28, 15 2:40 PM
I had the same problem, had hoped there would be some type of fix by now, but no. And I agree this is definitely a glitch because you should NOT have to replay a whole entire game in order to continue. In other games, when order was important, you either can't add the ingredient or when you are done they tell you that something went wrong, try again and the ingredients reset so you can try again. A definite glitch and there is no way I'm going to replay a whole entire game for the last few minutes. I wish I had the extra hours to spare for that but I don't, and when you play a game in the little free time you do have to relax, and can't finish it because of a glitch like this, it's really frustrating and disappointing. This is the third game I've had the same problem with these last few months and it's starting to get annoying.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jan 3, 16 1:11 PM
Yes - this is a glitch.

If the tea must be made in a specific order, then the game should make you wait until you have everything before you can start to make it - like the task is a game.

I added the ingredients as I found them - the map kept suggesting I go there - and now cannot finish.

I've been a member for seven years and game problems are getting more and more frequent. Developers are hurrying to get their games out and not doing enough testing. This case really looks like a code problem not related to different PCs.

I will contact CS and probably get a coupon, but am very frustrated.

Runrama2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Runrama2 on Jan 21, 16 5:56 AM
Stuck in the same place. Very frustrating. Loved the game otherwise but this should be fixed no matter what other deadlines the programmers might be facing.

KGDBLU
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by KGDBLU on Jan 22, 16 6:53 AM
I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I thought I was doing something wrong. As was said previously, one shouldn't have to play the entire game, just to get back to a certain point in the bonus game. It is most definitely a glitch. I've been a member of BFG almost since it's inception and I've definitely noticed a downward spiral in quality of it's games and it's customer service.

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on Jan 24, 16 11:48 AM
askalor wrote:Same as everyone else. Can't pick up the pestle even though all the ingredients for the tea are in the mortar. Elixir of welness already in the pot at the goblin's house and mushroom juice also ready. Deeply frustrated!!! Please fix as this was my all time favorite adventure game till this happened.

You don't pick up the pestle...click on the bowl and the pestle will grind away once all ingredients are added.

edit: I did not follow the SG exactly. I put things as I found them and was able to finish, although with quite a bit of hair pulling, teeth gnashing, and quite a few unladylike phrases.

Edited on 01/24/2016 at 11:53:04 AM PST

[Post New]by pxlongab on Feb 12, 16 12:17 PM
It's mid-February and this tea-making problem hasn't been fixed. I'm not about to start the game all over again, but I would like to finish the bonus game, which I did spend extra money for.

Anybody know if the developer is creating a patch for this?

lbtgam222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lbtgam222 on Feb 15, 16 10:59 AM
It is sad this has not been fixed. I played through fine the first time without any issues, this is my second time through and cannot finish the tea. HOW FRUSTRATING!

PLEASE FIX IT! I LOVE THIS GAME!

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Feb 22, 16 7:41 AM
I am with the frustrated players who cannot continue because of this glitch. Can't use the mortar and pestle, can't squeeze the mushroom because I guess I did not put everything in order to make the potion. Am stuck and do not think I should have to or do I want to start the whole thing over again to complete the game. Geez. It's a game not brain surgery for heavens sake.

lmb1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lmb1 on Feb 28, 16 8:14 PM
I am stuck at making the recipe as well. I think I will uninstall this game, and either not play again or wait a while. There are so many great games out there, I don't need to replay this one right now.

Go to: