Sziggy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Daily Deal word/reward consistency

[Post New]by Sziggy on Nov 13, 15 6:08 PM
Edp mentions using the waterfall boost. Does anyone know if it will clear a column of paper obstacles?

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Nov 13, 15 7:27 PM
I just opened up a 350 coin treasure (in my abandoned second game) and got 4 winds of change boosts, equal to around 425 coins if you bought them. So that's a win if you like that boost!

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 14, 15 12:13 AM
Sziggy wrote:Edp mentions using the waterfall boost. Does anyone know if it will clear a column of paper obstacles?

I think the answer is Yes on paper. As an FYI - it only removes one LAYER of stickies, ie. from 3 to 2; or from 2 to 1. I found that out the hard way.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Daily Deal word/reward consistency

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 14, 15 12:30 AM
The word for 11/14 was "MUSEUM" - located in SF. The reward was 2 of the Freeze Bomb boosts, which I like but never buy. They are 3 for 350 coins, and are one of the rewards I get most often - so no need to buy them. FYI - here's the "math" for today's deal in my game. There were 4 sixty coin levels/letters and 2 that were worth thirty coins, so I earned 300 coins. I had to buy 1 "package" of the Time Extender boost, which costs 140 coins, so the net gain was 160 coins. 160 coins + 2 Freeze Bomb boosts = a very good deal! Ed

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 14, 15 4:31 AM
Today (11/14) in Paris, word was "slapen" (to sleep in Dutch), reward an 'extra time' boost. Earned 300 coins, which I spent on extra moves

Sziggy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Sziggy on Nov 14, 15 8:56 AM
thanks, @edp for the info about the wterfall boost removing a column of peper.

Pixiecloud
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by Pixiecloud on Nov 14, 15 10:45 AM
Today (11/14) the word "SKY" was in NY, all letters on master levels (104, 107, 94?) Reward 2 oasis boosts, 180 coins for the 3 levels, used one shovel.
All in all a win today.

Edited on 11/14/2015 at 10:52:45 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 14, 15 5:00 PM
For me it is Sunday and today was WHARFin Paris but I haven't completed the last letter as it is level 8 master builder and after 5 lives and extra 150 coins I cannot get anywhere near the required total of 260,000 so I figure no boost is worth the trouble! If only we knew what the deal actually was then we wouldn't waste our time and money but I guess that is the whole idea!
I actually just went back and using a couple of lives got the final letter and got 250 coins so I guess it was worth it if you don't count the time involved in waiting for lives to reload.

Edited on 11/14/2015 at 11:47:19 PM PST

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 15, 15 3:01 AM
Gold rush Sunday!!! The word was "trend" in Rome, earned 210 coins on playing the levels and got 250 coins as reward. Yeah!
Wonder if all 5 letter words earn 250 coins?

Edited on 11/15/2015 at 3:02:27 AM PST

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Nov 15, 15 6:09 AM
Just did a 5 word game in Shanghai and also got a 250 coin reward! So this thread has paid off. I've discovered gold rush Sunday!

Sziggy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Sziggy on Nov 15, 15 6:20 AM
famvir3 wrote:Just did a 5 word game in Shanghai and also got a 250 coin reward! So this thread has paid off. I've discovered gold rush Sunday!

Yes this thread did pay off about Gold Rush Sunday!

Fiver letter word, VILLA in New York.

Thanks to all the posters on this thread. ?

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 15, 15 3:22 PM
Gold Fever Sunday! Looks like everyone got 250 coins - like I did. For me, the word SKATE was in New Orleans. All five letters where Level 2 (Architect = 30 coins). so I got 150 coins for the letters, but had to use them for extra time. Two of the levels were timed - and I HATE timed levels!! - at least my brain does. LOL My ADHD panic kicks in, which makes it very had to focus and see the matches that are available. I only play them when they are required for things like Gold Fever.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 16, 15 12:14 AM
The word for 11/16 was BRIDGE - located in Tokyo. I had finished most of the levels here before reading the comment/advice about leaving numerous levels in each city unplayed for the Daily Deal. As a result, 4 of the 6 letters were "Replay of the Master Level", which give you no coins. The other 2 letters were worth 30 & 60 coins. The reward was 2 "More Time" boosts. I HATE timed levels, so these boosts always come in handy! Ed :-)

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 17, 15 10:46 PM
11/17 was GENIUS located in New Orleans - award was 2 Earthquake boosts.
11/18 was BOAT located in New York - award was also 2 Earthquake boosts. I like to use the Earthquake boost when running out of moves and I'm down to 5 uncleared squares. Most - if not all the time - it will clear those 5 remaining squares, freeing up moves to get the points I need if I'm running short.

Sziggy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Sziggy on Nov 17, 15 11:01 PM
edp1730 wrote:11/17 was GENIUS located in New Orleans - award was 2 Earthquake boosts.
11/18 was BOAT located in New York - award was also 2 Earthquake boosts. I like to use the Earthquake boost when running out of moves and I'm down to 5 uncleared squares. Most - if not all the time - it will clear those 5 remaining squares, freeing up moves to get the points I need if I'm running short.

I was wondering how to best use the earthquake boosts. The only time I have ever used them was when my finger accidently set them off.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 18, 15 12:30 PM
Today it was ARTS in Berlin, 3 architect levels and one master builder so not too difficult and I got 150 coins and 2 cold fusion boosts

yarnycakes
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by yarnycakes on Nov 18, 15 6:08 PM
I've recently use the earthquake boosts kinda like shovel boosts when I had one square that I needed to clear and I didn't have any shovels

For what it's worth I haven't seen the same words posted here...I have a couple of games going and I get different words on each ..I do try to do the daily event because I either need the money or the boosts... And depending on the city and or levels that are involved, the daily event is often easier then the actual city that I'm currently in, which right now is the last third of Seoul

Edited on 11/18/2015 at 6:13:41 PM PST

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 18, 15 9:46 PM
RE: Sziggy's post: "I was wondering how to best use the earthquake boosts. The only time I have ever used them was when my finger accidently set them off." LOL

I don't know how many I "accidently" used before I figured it out! I originally thought I got to place the earthquake boost where I wanted to - that's what happens when you don't READ the description!

Edited on 11/18/2015 at 9:55:12 PM PST

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

WOW! Daily Deal word/reward consistency

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 18, 15 9:54 PM
The word for 11/19 was FOG and was located in Rome. I was expecting something very "wimpy" like a couple of shovels. Instead it was 2 Waterfall boosts, which are one of the most powerful. I was amazed! All 3 letters were 60 coins, so 180 coins + 2 Waterfall boosts = one of the best deals ever for me, especially since I didn't have to USE any boosts!

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 19, 15 4:17 AM
Today's word was "Steeg" (Dutch for "Alley") in Tokyo, no coins since I finished most levels there, reward only one Wind Power boost.
I read about people receiving two boosts, never had that happening....

Go to: