grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Danger Next Door: Miss Teri Tale's Adventure comments and reviews

[Post New]by grover3e on Oct 19, 09 12:29 AM
Woo-hoo! A new Teri Tale. I've been on a HOG kick for the past few weeks, and I've tried out some real disappointments (Haunted Hotel, Route 66) - so glad to find one I'm enjoying. I miss Jason, but I love the cute little interfaces on the menu screens....just an added bit of fun. Four stars (of five).

My favorites:

1. Madame Fate
2. Return to Ravenhearst
3. Ravenhearst
4. The "Trilby" series
5. Women's Murder Club

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Oct 19, 09 1:59 AM
This one's actually quite entertaining! Very hip and psychedelic. All the bright colors and funky music and quirky characters combined make one acid trip! LOL I think it was implied that some characters were pretty stoned or high during the party. When I was inside Monty's head, I was asked to find "pot". I was relieved when it turned out to be just a stainless steel cooking pot.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Oct 19, 09 2:17 AM
I didn't really care for this game. You didn't really need to look for items as they were right there in your face, I thought the pop up was silly, the voices were terrible, e.g. Alyssa - an old voice with a young face and the "I'm just a dumb hillbilly" voice of the sheriff. The characters were not believable. Not that great a story. Couldn't make it through the hour.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 19, 09 9:00 AM
LOVED Pure Hidden but HATED this one - deleted after 3 minutes.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 19, 09 1:11 PM
I really enjoyed the first and second part from Miss Teri Tale, but I don`t like this. Its totally different. Bad story, normally graphic, bad minigames. I don`t buy this game. Please developers, get back to the roots or let Miss Teri Tale rest in piece!

MollyMeow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MollyMeow on Oct 19, 09 1:49 PM
So glad I didn't listen to all the negatives and decided to see for myself. Love the game! The first time around, I sped thru all the dialogue. This time, I'm taking my time and enjoying it even more.
Warning, for those who buy and share with children....this is NOT a game for young ones. There is some gore, nudity, references to partying (beer bottles, find the 'pipe' (meaning a pot pipe), etc. The kids get enough exposure to that stuff on TV, in school, and generally, all around us.
By the way, on replay, the lists of objects to find changes, so there's a mix of some already found last game, plus new ones. A pleasant and rare surprise!
Well, that's my coupla cents. Happy gaming :-)

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Oct 19, 09 3:05 PM
My Review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy to medium. The items were fairly easy to find, and the tasks were fairly easy to figure out. It seemed to get a bit more difficult as I went along, but maybe I was just tired? Overall, the frustration level was low. I was playing the untimed version, though. YMMV. I made it to the 3rd chapter before my hour was up.

Playability: Good. No problems with downloading, installing, or playing.

Hints: Refillable meter at a decent speed - not too fast, not too slow.

Clicking penalty: Cursor goes wacky after too many clicks. Would probably slow you down in the timed game.

Likes: Can click through the story and the dialog and you don't miss much. Not too frustrating and the mini games weren't too difficult either. Good graphics. Like being able to choose my path at times.

Dislikes: Story not all that interesting; play could have been a bit more challenging. Maybe I should have tried the timed mode.

Unsure about: Floating items and weird pop-ups during the hidden object screens. Made it a little bit fun, but could be annoying sometimes.

Recommendations: None, really. It's a straight-forward HOG, and if you've played any of the other Miss Teri Tale games, it's similar fare.

Will I buy it? A pleasant game, but not high on my wish list. I don't think this is as humorous as the previous Miss Teri Tale games.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Oct 20, 09 10:00 PM
This is my second review on this game, and have realy enjoyed it. yes there is junk pile objects but make sense in the way it is in someones mind, I love the graphics with the quirky pop ups and the items are easy to find, the mini games are good Yes I would say this is well worth the 6.99 and give it 6/10 I do not know if I would replay as I have a lote of better games, so I will delete, but makes a nice afternoon.

Cheers
Lineck

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 21, 09 6:14 PM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
2 Bamboo sticks out of 10
I love what they TRIED to do but they fail miserably. The cast of characters and real faces was interesting but the graphics are so flat and the junk piles are so un-creative that I just could not go on past the 1st screen. It does not live up to any of the more recent good HOGS. And the intro was so promising - Ugh!

[Post New]by katesgram2000 on Oct 21, 09 9:15 PM
jbwhse wrote:Mine just wen back to Play again screen!

Mine kept doing that after I purchased it.It was fine in demo. Once I rebooted it ran just fine.

Mslu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Mslu on Oct 23, 09 2:03 PM
I LOVE the games by this studio! Very tongue in cheek. Adorable!

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Oct 24, 09 6:59 PM
Now that I've finished the game, I love it even more (although I agree that the accents went from irritating (nearly all the female characters except Teri) to offensive (did Wilson really need to sound like a ****?). Great fun and probably the game I've enjoyed most since RTR. I also enjoyed that it felt "adult" to me. I'm anxious to see more Teri Tale!

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Oct 25, 09 1:52 PM
I did not like the first two Miss Teri games, but I am enjoying this one. Just finished the hour demo and checking in on the reviews.

Yes, it is a pretty straight forward HOG, but that is good to me. The finds are medium difficulty - I used a hint about every other scene. Graphics are nice and clear. The collages are appropriate with the story and not a problem to me. I like the animated characters and critters that show up throughout the story. No issues with incorrectly described objects or anguished English so far.

I turned the volume low on the voices and read the dialogue - no, you do not have to listen if you do not like the voices! Better story than most. I have not gotten to any disturbing scenes yet - the murder scene was not graphic, especially compared to some of what we see on television cop shows.

I just about finished chapter two in my hour. If 8 is the correct chapter count, that means 4 hours of play. YAY!!! Even if I just play once, that is a bargain.

So for length of play, pure entertainment and good production values:

/

ps. I also like Pure Hidden, so there you go.

Edited on 10/25/2009 at 1:54:23 PM PST

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Oct 31, 09 11:56 AM
I definitely had fun playing this game.

What I like best about it is that it is so humorous. Being inside people's crazy memories was fun and quirky. The interactive portions on the pop-up book style maps were an extra treat.

I agree that a lot of the voices were annoying, especially the female characters. Alyssa's voice definitely does not go with her face.

There is plenty of play time with so many Hidden Object areas to search. It's always more fun when there is more than one area that must be searched to solve the room.

There were several moments in this game that made me laugh out loud. I did purchase it because it is so quirky and different than the average HOG.

Miss Teri Tale, what would all your goof ball neighbors do without you. You seem to be the only person in town with all your marbles.

I give it a thumbs up.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Nov 5, 09 4:42 PM
Wow, I didn't even think of this game but GAMEZEBO gave it a very good review and so I came here to check out. Alot of you were just through the demo when you commented. Those who finished - was it worth it?

thanks
Kathy

xarah78
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

What a Great and Fun Game...

[Post New]by xarah78 on Feb 11, 10 3:55 PM
FaunaMama wrote:I enjoyed the first two Miss Teri Tale games, and so far, the third is my favorite of all. I enjoy it because it IS different from the hoardes of hidden object games that are thrown at us daily!

If you want to just hunt and click the same old objects from a list, maybe this isn't your game. If you want a pretty well-developed, fun, creative and different hidden object game -- and one that doesn't feel like it was designed specifically for a 6-year-old -- then you're going to really like this one.

I've been waiting for a long time for this game...I can't believe I've been so busy playing WoW that I didn't know it was out! I'm about to buy it now and play! Thanks for your input.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Jun 29, 10 7:58 AM
gameslvr wrote:I didn't really care for this game. You didn't really need to look for items as they were right there in your face, I thought the pop up was silly, the voices were terrible, e.g. Alyssa - an old voice with a young face and the "I'm just a dumb hillbilly" voice of the sheriff. The characters were not believable. Not that great a story. Couldn't make it through the hour.

You read my mind!!

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 15, 11 10:07 PM
I liked the game and the storyline, I didn't notice the voices because as usual I didn't have the volume on. I liked the cute book like graphics, I played the demo and will purchase.

debraljensen
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by debraljensen on Jul 12, 14 3:55 PM
I loved this game. I bet the actors and developers laughed all day making it.
I know I did. if they make another I will just buy and skip the demo.
this game is just pure fun.

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 3:56:08 PM PST

debraljensen
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by debraljensen on Jul 12, 14 3:57 PM
what others ones did they make

Go to: