bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Re:Technical Difficulty with New MTT

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 19, 09 5:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I am sorry to hear that some people are experiencing problems with the Miss Teri Tale game. We do believe the problem is caused by the game not saving your profile correctly when it "times out" during the free demo. If you feel comfortable with computers, you can delete your profile for the game and start over.

Please note that you could damage the game or even your computer if you do this incorrectly. I would recommend this only to people who are familiar with the inner workings of their computer.

Also, our Customer Support team can send you a program that will automatically remove your old profile. Please contact them if you would like to remove your old profile with this program.

To remove your old profile, delete the folder in the path listed below (USERNAME is the name of the windows user account):

Windows XP:
\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\MissTeriTale3

Vista/Windows 7:
\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MissTeriTale3

Deleting this file means you will have to restart over at the beginning of the game. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Support team. There is a link to contact them on the left side of this page.

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Oct 19, 09 6:50 PM
daisimai wrote:I had it crash on me as well, I had everything crossed off the list in the Sheriff's World, but it said I only had 14/15 objects. Clicked on Map and went back to see if something would pop up, but all I got was the black screen then "program not responding".

Will tell CS & see if there is a glitch. Unfortunately, I only have 4 minutes left, so not sure if I want to delete & re-download.

Mine did the same thing at the same place. Now that is not my computer. My card is ok by BFG and I up dated direct X. All I can do.

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Oct 20, 09 7:45 AM
Here's a solution that should work for anyone having the issue of the game going into a blackscreen on startup. The issue occurs when the save data has become corrupt. Unfortunately that means you'll have to delete the save data and start over from the beginning.

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Copy and paste the following into the URL field

\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\MissTeriTale3

3. Press Enter to open the folder in Windows Explorer
4. Remove the file ending with the extention .mtt3 from the folder (you can remove it by simply deleting the file or cut and paste it to another folder like your desktop. If you email the file to Big Fish Customer Support it will help the developers find a fix for the issue)

Hope that helps.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 20, 09 11:47 PM
I had trouble with this game when it froze up at Jason's World. unistalled and reinstalled only to find myself at the same frozen spot, but when I did it the third time, I deleted my profile on the game and started over with a new one and it worked perfectly. I enjoyed this one.

Technical Difficulty with New MTT

[Post New]by katesgram2000 on Oct 21, 09 8:56 PM
FaunaMama wrote:The demo worked perfectly. After the trial, I purchased and activated but now it won't run. The game window comes up, expands to full screen and goes black, then I get tossed back to the BFG "Thank you for playing" window. I removed the game and re-downloaded it, but it does the same thing.

Unlike many other posters, I enjoy this game and I would like to be able to play it today -- since I paid for it and all!

Any suggestions???

[Post New]by katesgram2000 on Oct 21, 09 8:58 PM
Mine worked fine for the demo then wouldn't work after I bought the game-it did exactly as the original poster said. Came on and then went back to BFG manager. Once I rebooted it was fine.
I should always remember my son's advice-"the first thing you do when you have computer trouble is reboot." It almost always fixes whatever is wrong.

[Post New]by Hamish_MacEwan on Oct 23, 09 9:45 PM
bfgEuphrates wrote:

This can happen sometimes with games that are a little heavy on graphics, like this title. I'll be sure to look into that with our Tech Team though, to ensure everything is alright.

bfgEuphrates

I think you're missing the point that this game works fine during the demo and the reported problems occur after activation. It is a stretch to believe that this is driver related, but I appreciate the comfort of standard responses to problems.

It's also a stretch to suggest this is "a little heavy on graphics..."

Hamish.

[Post New]by JamieFessenden on Sep 16, 14 8:47 PM
I am at least the third or fourth person who has had a problem with Sheriff's World reporting 14/15 when you've discovered everything on the list. If I click on Hint, nothing happens. If I go back to Map and then back into Sheriff's World (big mistake), the screen is black. I am now unable to do anything in the game. This is not a graphics issue. This is a bug in the game. I don't know that I'm motivated to delete files and start the game over again, though I'm angry that I paid for a game I can't play until the end.

[Post New]by Rdino1 on Sep 18, 14 8:56 AM
daisimai wrote:I had it crash on me as well, I had everything crossed off the list in the Sheriff's World, but it said I only had 14/15 objects. Clicked on Map and went back to see if something would pop up, but all I got was the black screen then "program not responding".

Will tell CS & see if there is a glitch. Unfortunately, I only have 4 minutes left, so not sure if I want to delete & re-download.

I had the very same problem

Go to: