Re:Welcome to The Secrets of Da Vinci forum

[Post New]by PeggiLynn on Nov 5, 09 12:55 PM
I purchased the game on a different computer than I usually use after my trusty Dell wouldn't accept the large file. I've always used Windows XP in the past, but after downloading the game onto a HP laptop w/Vista, I am not getting a good reponse when I click the mouse. The mouse works fine for surveying the room but when I find something I want to pick up or look at the mouse takes many clicks and gets very frustrating before it finally grasps the item. Its the same when I want to change directions or just use the tools in inventory. Does anyone have any thoughts, ides, or fixes perhaps?

Edited on 11/05/2009 at 12:57:22 PM PST

[Post New]by amybocafl on Nov 6, 09 12:06 PM
Mmonteleone wrote:I love the game so far. I am on trying to put the etching picture I found in the secret passageway (yes, I have put flour on it to make it easier to read) into the porfolio so I can compare it to the paper given to me by the King. The paper (which, when my mouse hovers over it reads: unfinished paper or something like that) will not go into the portfolio. I have even tried starting the game all over; thinking I have missed something but still come to the same place. What am I missing?
I am up to day 4: Sept 25, 1522

Hoping someone can help.
Margaret

I had the same problem FOREVER! i tried starting over and over again and searche walkthroughs to see if i missed something. Finally when i had almost given up hope, i decided to walk around one more time and AHA! there is a silver metal plate on the ground next to where you found the canon ball and last prininting talet. You have to put flour on it to see it, but then the symbols are added to your unfinished paper and you can FINALLY add it to your portfolio :-)

[Post New]by Mariette13 on Nov 8, 09 7:10 AM
I can't seem to find the cellar under the sacks in the kitchen, I need to find the salpeter. What am i missing?

[Post New]by LilMoze on Nov 10, 09 4:21 AM
Is there a patch for this buggy game?

I'm also stuck on getting the finished perfume into the bottle.

There is coal on the fire, rose petals in the recepticle, the water has been poured in and the condenser cover is on, but the flask to catch the perfume does not fill up. No matter where I click with the empty perfume bottle, nothing happens.

The bit with playing the lyre is buggy too. If you fail to finish the puzzle correctly, leave it and come back to it later, you can't easily re-engage what's-her-name and try to play again. You can put the lyre up in inventory and click like crazy trying to play again ... nothing. You have to walk away and hope you hit a sweet spot that magically resets the puzzle.

This game needs a patch, guys.

[Post New]by LilMoze on Nov 10, 09 6:40 AM
My bad...I think I put water in the container on the right, instead of putting it into the same container as the rose petals...all better now. :-)

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Nov 11, 09 1:46 PM
I have never seen so many problems with this games in the forum. Big Fish, come on please, the games obviously needs a patch.

momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by momma0_7 on Nov 12, 09 8:43 AM
I don't know if anybody reads these but if you do,I want to know what I can do about a long rope that I didn't pick up initially and now it has gone from the dovecoat....any help would be appreciated.
Marianna

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Nov 12, 09 11:07 PM
I've been able to get most of the game on my own with very little help from the walkthrough but I have found that I'm stuck since I didn't buy the spool from Saturnin and now I can't buy it from him and I can't seem to find another lying around the manor. Any suggestions? Is there a loose thread or spool lying around that I haven't found? I need it to complete the copy of the Mona Lisa. Thanks ahead of time to whomever is kind enough to help.

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Nov 12, 09 11:16 PM
Mariette13 wrote:I can't seem to find the cellar under the sacks in the kitchen, I need to find the salpeter. What am i missing?

Which day are you on? That's important because it will only allow you to uncover the trap door when you have reached a certain day. You'll know when you've hit it once there are only a couple of sacks instead of the massive pile you see in the beginning. Then you need to setup the lever to lift the door.

Good luck and hopefully it's not simply a glitch, sounds like a lot of us are having that problem.

Welcome to The Secrets of Da Vinci forum

[Post New]by Rosie53 on Nov 16, 09 2:11 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to The Secrets of Da Vinci forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Secrets of Da Vinci players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

i bought the secrets of da vinci but it won't open the game up, can you help please

mouer
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by mouer on Nov 16, 09 10:26 AM
i can get the key mould from th carpet in the bedroom can anyon help me?
bb

gunpowder?

[Post New]by stephie1624 on Nov 16, 09 4:59 PM
I am at the very end of the game and am trying to blast a whole in the cellar wall to catch Hector with the manuscript. The only problem is I never made any gunpowder and now when I go back to the study to make it (yes I have the recipe) it won't let me do anything. It just keeps saying something like "I don't think that will help now." No matter what I try I cannot get it to allow me to add the sulphur or saltpeter to the charcoal powder already in the bowl. What do I do now? Has anyone else run into this problem?

[Post New]by stephie1624 on Nov 16, 09 5:03 PM
JadedCalifia wrote:I've been able to get most of the game on my own with very little help from the walkthrough but I have found that I'm stuck since I didn't buy the spool from Saturnin and now I can't buy it from him and I can't seem to find another lying around the manor. Any suggestions? Is there a loose thread or spool lying around that I haven't found? I need it to complete the copy of the Mona Lisa. Thanks ahead of time to whomever is kind enough to help.

Some suggestions might be to try getting him drunk on Brandy, then he falls asleep and you can sneak into his apartment and steal what you need. You might have to use the one bottle of brandy and then make another batch from the white wine. Or you could make some more gold coins if you are out and buy it from him then. check one of the walkthroughs for info on how to make cold coins if you haven't done it yet.

[Post New]by SomeCanadian on Nov 17, 09 6:55 PM
I have been playing this game for quite a while now.
I am now ver close to the end, and I am having trouble making the cannon fire.
Throughout the whole game, I could not make the gunpowder.
When I crushed tha charcoal, and put it in the gold dish to the right, I was not allowed to mix in the phial of sulpher OR the saltpetre.. Am i doing something wrong???

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

dove cote

[Post New]by gullbra on Nov 18, 09 10:04 PM
I have just crossed the bridge and gone forward. I have seen the logs and the bee hive, and have collected the bee keeping gear, but i cannot find the dovecote. There is a brick building but its on the other side of the screen. I know I'm going to feel silly when i get the answer, but please help.

[Post New]by helma2510 on Nov 20, 09 8:12 AM
i get a constant flicker!! i started the game , uninstalled reinstalled but nothing helps.
inventory items change positions and it is realy frustrating!!
help me please!!!

[Post New]by purplepeas44 on Jan 4, 10 5:36 AM
help please. I am in dovecote and have just picked up the mona lisa painting but when i go up the ladder i can't see the black pidgeon sitting on the window sill.

[Post New]by andrewatts on Jan 10, 10 2:53 PM
The items in my inventory aren't available to use. I click on the item, it appears in a box in the upper left hand corner of my play screen and I can't access it with my cursor. How can I "use" it?

Tuvana65
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Tuvana65 on Jan 17, 10 8:31 AM
I'm having the same problem as two of you, not being able to make the gunpowder. I get the same message along the lines of "i don't know why I want to do that now" or something. it's very frustrating! I suppose it's a bug??

maybe it's our mistake to have the charcoal in the bowl already? well, I'm not going to play the whole game again just to fix that!

would be great if someone could help us out!

another canadian

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 20, 10 8:46 AM
SomeCanadian wrote:I have been playing this game for quite a while now.
I am now ver close to the end, and I am having trouble making the cannon fire.
Throughout the whole game, I could not make the gunpowder.
When I crushed tha charcoal, and put it in the gold dish to the right, I was not allowed to mix in the phial of sulpher OR the saltpetre.. Am i doing something wrong???

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Have you found the recipe for gunpowder yet? This may be why it's not working.

Go to: