Re:Comments and reviews The Secrets of Da Vinci

[Post New]by tndear on Oct 25, 09 3:16 PM
I started playing it today and it's a lot of fun. Had no problem downloading it and installing. Will keep you up to date on how i'm doing.

jingo22
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jingo22 on Oct 25, 09 3:22 PM
AAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhh After nearly 4 hours of downloading this game i get that installation failed message. So now i'm having to restart the whole process again....it's almost my bedtime ......so frustrating

[Post New]by MunchkinGoddess on Oct 25, 09 3:36 PM
Ok I hate it when LF games dont have a trial! BUT i did find one elsewhere...To anwser some of the questions...

Yes its a 360 game...BUT although i get easily dizzy if i take my time on this one i dont feel that bad...

So far I have played a half hour and Im Loving it! The Graphics are So real...And i like the story line...The puzzles are not that easy to figure out...so im likeing the challenge thus far!

Unless you like games that are like this then dont waste your credit...TRY THE DEMO FIRST!

[URL Removed by Moderator]

Just in case they disable the link sight

[URL Removed by Moderator]

Happy Gameing!

Edited on 10/26/2009 at 2:53:40 PM PST

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Oct 26, 09 7:45 AM
I have Vista, game works great, but very dark. Had to pixel hunt for bowl to give cat milk. Also, could not find hints for music in dove cote, had to go to walkthrough. All in all a very nice game. Any idea where to get more money? lol, spent mine willy nilly.

[Post New]by ScillyGirl5 on Oct 26, 09 9:19 AM
I haven't tried this game yet,but intend to,just thought I'd jump in and say that I too had trouble with feeling dizzy and disoriented 'coz the scenes 'flew' by so quickly (the 360º thing),it was esp bad in Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor,but I stuck with it and I'm now enjoying a whole new series of games.

kidxsol
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by kidxsol on Oct 26, 09 2:32 PM
The Secrets of Da Vinci was a great game. Many hours of fun. The puzzles were great the story line was interesting. I really enjoyed the graphics. This game I highly recommend if you are into seek and find adventure games. Play in slow mod if you are the type that gets dizzy. Best 6.99 I have spent in a long time. Thanks Big Fish

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Oct 26, 09 2:56 PM
Hi MunchkinGoddess,

I'm sorry that we aren't able to offer a trial for this large file game, but you can always use the suggestions from our review of the game or the reviews posted up by our other users.

Also, I have removed both of the links from your posts for you since we only allow links to our Big Fish Games websites here in the forums, per our FAQ. Just a heads up!

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

[Post New]by rory88 on Oct 27, 09 8:16 AM
Hi,I am relatively new to gaming but I am really finding this game difficult I literally dont have a clue what I am doing as there doesnt seem to be any instructions/game plan at the start.

[Post New]by chizza on Oct 27, 09 8:59 AM
I can't get this game beyond the Big Fish logo at the opening. It freezes and goes a bit weird flashing all over the logo page. BF hasn't given me a response, anybody know what's wrong?

Game_Toad
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Game_Toad on Oct 27, 09 7:47 PM
Chizza, try hitting the green envelope towards the bottom right (but check the time, support's not on 24/7) and ask your question there. Putting a tech support question in the "Comments and Review" section will delay the response (or it might get missed completely).

rory88, I believe there is already a walkthough posted for this game; the best way to ask questions is not in the "Comments and Review" section, but out in the main forum. Give your subject a specific heading and then go into detail in the message. There are lots of people on the forums who will help and you may even find the answer already posted. Oh, and most adventure games just kind of toss you in with no instruction...that's what makes them an adventure!

Edited: Yep, the walkthough is here: http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-secrets-of-da-vinci-walkthrough/

(you can also get to it from the first page of the forum)

Edited on 10/27/2009 at 7:51:23 PM PST

[Post New]by queenbea77 on Oct 28, 09 6:16 PM
I bought the game and after waiting forever for it to download I am not able to play it because when it pops up on my monitor it is off to the right hand side of the monitor and I can only see about half of the game. This has happened to me with other games and I have always been able to change from "full screen" and been able to play but that is not an option with this game. Any suggestions? Or do I have to just delete it from my PC and lose the credit I bought?

SaPTIC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by SaPTIC on Oct 29, 09 6:52 AM
(first of all there was a savegame already from somewhere 2008 pretty odd when buying this game just as it appeared on )

Pretty good game with wonderfull graphics. The start of the game is very dark, but that's just because it is night. After completing your first task, Valdo goes to sleep and awakes the next morning. From this point on the game is bright.

It's very great to be able to play different scenarios. By now I have played the game 3 times in a row. The first time just to get to the end, the second time as an angel and did only the good things, the third time as devilish as possible. Each time the game was slightly different from the other.

Overall worth of the credit for sure.

puzzle difficulty:
graphics:
game play:

lea_anna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lea_anna on Oct 30, 09 12:01 AM
I so love this game and want to finish it. But...it just won't let me get past Saturnini's door being closed. Even on my son's gaming computer, with the best of graphics and video cards, the door still isn't open. I've also had issue with the disappearence of items, or pages in the journal.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did correct some of this, but not the closed door issue, on the newest redownload.

I did write to tech support but I'm beginning to believe these problems could be in the download of the game itself. When downloading on my son's computer it paused to validate 13 times. I'm no techie, but I think it's cutting parts out when it does that. Many others are having the same issues, and the door being open to obtain the fountain mech just isn't. Therefore, this is not a video or graphics card issue, but must be a download problem. What do you think?

The graphics are really good and so lovely. I truly hate not to be able to finish it. It's so sad.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Nov 1, 09 2:59 PM
I like this game so far. The storyline is good, the graphics are great. I'm trying to keep a balance between my "angel and devil" meter..LOL. It's not easy! I suppose the gameplay is fairly simple. Sometimes I just like to wander around outside

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Nov 1, 09 3:04 PM
obrien60 wrote:I have Vista, game works great, but very dark. Had to pixel hunt for bowl to give cat milk. Also, could not find hints for music in dove cote, had to go to walkthrough. All in all a very nice game. Any idea where to get more money? lol, spent mine willy nilly.

After I gave Saturnin the brandy that was distilled from white wine he fell asleep, (that was the second dose). So I retreived the telescope lenses along with the coins I'd given him -in fact, I took everything that wasn't nailed down..LOL

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Nov 2, 09 11:36 AM
I'm enjoying it so far and think I'm close to finishing.

It was a bit tricky at first and have had to use the walk through a couple of times. My favorite part is when I go to the pigeon building as my cat just freaks out! She runs around looking for the pigeons and she stares at my computer trying to figure out where they are. It was well worth the $6.99 just to watch her go nuts!

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Nov 3, 09 9:08 PM
queenbea77 wrote:I bought the game and after waiting forever for it to download I am not able to play it because when it pops up on my monitor it is off to the right hand side of the monitor and I can only see about half of the game. This has happened to me with other games and I have always been able to change from "full screen" and been able to play but that is not an option with this game. Any suggestions? Or do I have to just delete it from my PC and lose the credit I bought?

No, you never have to lose your credits if you buy a game that doesn't work on your PC!!! That's the great thing about Big Fish Games. Go to Customer Support here:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home

There are a few tips you can try on your own, and if that doesn't solve your problem, email them here:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/L3NpZC9ET25iYzVNag==

They will either find a way to fix it for you, or they will refund your credit. It may take them a day or two to get back to you, but they will either fix it or refund your credit.

Big Fish Games has the best customer support on the web, no lie!

[Post New]by stusan on Nov 4, 09 8:40 PM
Ok. Maybe I'm a little slow. I have gotten to the part of the game where I need to go talk to the chick in the study (it's daylight outside) but can't find my way back into the study. Help

[Post New]by PeggiLynn on Nov 5, 09 9:22 AM
I started playing this game but I am having trouble getting it to respond when I want to pick something up, go in a new direction, etc. The mouse responds but when I click to pick something up for instance, I have to keep clicking over and over until it finally "gets" it and responds to my command. Is this a prob. with vista? I have always used XP in the past and never had this trouble with large file games. Is there a fix for this? I grow impatient with having to click over and over to get the game to respond and give up...

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Nov 6, 09 4:51 PM
just love and enjoying this game. no rush and nice story, not hard but makes you think a bit.... 5 stars for me.

Go to: