Peachme16
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

Re:Top 10 frustrations of the Castle

[Post New]by Peachme16 on Nov 22, 15 12:08 PM
I have not rolled 1 double 6 since this achievement started... Something has to change.... Watson

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Nov 22, 15 12:15 PM
Personally, I would like to add a number to the list, although it may not be as troubling to some others. But.....

I CAN'T FIND THE DOOR TO GET OUT OF THE CASTLE! I'm stuck here. I'm doomed. You would think that with 4 games, one of them would have a door to get back to the real world.

P.S. Is the real world still out there?

But really, my problem is the time zone thing. I can not gift or play between midnight and 3 AM EST. If I do, everything will get LOST IN SPACE. (echo echo)

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Nov 22, 15 12:19 PM
Ok.....18 19 20........all solid concerns and on going frustrations with a smile.....lightly sprinkled with sweet honeysuckle mist.........and a twist of metaphor.......LOL
cheers **D** out

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Nov 22, 15 12:24 PM
sadie700 wrote:Personally, I would like to add a number to the list, although it may not be as troubling to some others. But.....

I CAN'T FIND THE DOOR TO GET OUT OF THE CASTLE! I'm stuck here. I'm doomed. You would think that with 4 games, one of them would have a door to get back to the real world.

But really, my problem is the time zone thing. I can not gift or play between midnight and 3 AM EST. If I do, everything will get LOST IN SPACE. (echo echo)

Sadie, there is no door to get out of the castle. Click on the map to select another location. The map is on the bottom right corner, the icon with the telescope on it.

As for time zones, I don't think it matters. You can gift 5 times every 8 hours. Eight hours is eight hours no matter where you are.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 22, 15 2:09 PM
siberlene wrote:
As for time zones, I don't think it matters. You can gift 5 times every 8 hours. Eight hours is eight hours no matter where you are.

Actually, it DOES matter....I am in the CST time zone..... At midnight, I can gift to someone I gifted the previous day, provided they live in the EST or my time zone. However, if I try to gift someone I gifted the previous day who lives in MST or PST, I cannot gift to them until 1:00 am for MST and 2:00 am for PST.

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Nov 22, 15 3:12 PM
Annelliegram wrote:
siberlene wrote:

Actually, it DOES matter....I am in the CST time zone..... At midnight, I can gift to someone I gifted the previous day, provided they live in the EST or my time zone. However, if I try to gift someone I gifted the previous day who lives in MST or PST, I cannot gift to them until 1:00 am for MST and 2:00 am for PST.

Well, that's odd. I'm PST and my friend list resets at midnight. All friends become available to gift. Prior to midnight, the friends I have already gifted that day are unable to receive gifts but once the clock strikes 12, I am able to gift all of them again even if I gifted them a half hour earlier. I have several friends who are in Australia (which I can only guess because of their aliases) and I can gift them in any of the 8 hour windows.

Gingerlily
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Gingerlily on Nov 22, 15 3:15 PM
That explains something that puzzled me. When I come online in the morning I often have 6 or 7 gifts waiting for me, and once or twice 2 of them have been from the same person. I had thought that wasn't possible. It must be because one gift was from before midnight their time, and the other from after.

patchesandme
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,164 Posts

[Post New]by patchesandme on Nov 22, 15 3:35 PM
You all have covered most of them for me. My Frustration is when they do have the Tournament running are two things. That the mailman will alert you over and over and over. The second is during the entire time of the Tournament the sparkles on the tab.

I would love to have a way of turning the Tournament off and on and everything that goes along with it if one would wish to do so.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Nov 22, 15 3:45 PM
I concur.....this is # 22..........if I was any smarter I think there would be an OFF button to click.......you know so the screen flows "normal"...... cheers **D**

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 22, 15 3:47 PM
siberlene wrote:
Well, that's odd. I'm PST and my friend list resets at midnight. All friends become available to gift. Prior to midnight, the friends I have already gifted that day are unable to receive gifts but once the clock strikes 12, I am able to gift all of them again even if I gifted them a half hour earlier. I have several friends who are in Australia (which I can only guess because of their aliases) and I can gift them in any of the 8 hour windows.

You just answered your own question, siberlene......YOU are on PST.....The Big Fish servers are also on PST.....so EVERYTHING gets reset at 12:00 midnight PST....So the people who are on PST will never have an issue with gifting to anyone 1 minute after midnight.

skoke
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by skoke on Nov 22, 15 4:00 PM
To the developers:
Instead of chastising the players for posting frustrations in an inappropriate forum.
Look instead here first.
After all, this is a free game.
From what I've read, the players are simply giving free advice.

skoke
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by skoke on Nov 22, 15 4:09 PM
sadie700 wrote:Personally, I would like to add a number to the list, although it may not be as troubling to some others. But.....

skoke
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by skoke on Nov 22, 15 4:24 PM

Edited on 11/23/2015 at 9:12:15 AM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 22, 15 4:27 PM

Edited on 11/23/2015 at 9:24:27 AM PST

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Nov 22, 15 5:38 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

But I do appreciate the point out to the map. Unfortunately, no door.

Edited on 11/23/2015 at 9:32:36 AM PST

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Nov 22, 15 5:47 PM
Thank you Annelliegram. I agree. But I would like to say that I enjoy the castle too.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 22, 15 5:52 PM
sadie700 wrote:Thank you Annelliegram. I agree. But I would like to say that I enjoy the castle too.

No doubt about that.....for all the frustrations....It remains an AWESOME game....fantastic graphics.....continuous play (Don't get timed out because you run out of "energy").....great people (for the most part) on the forum.....

And....there is always the General around to keep us all scratching our heads with .....now what did he just say????????????????????

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Nov 22, 15 6:41 PM
[i wrote:Annelliegram....It remains an AWESOME game....fantastic graphics....

[/i]

Oh the graphics! So clever. There's always something within a scene that makes me laugh. The shivering bat, the one critter that tries to bite your curser if you click wrong...something is always moving and doing cute things. Wish I could remember them all but those two spring to mind right now.

Edit:

Sorry, messed up the edit and can't figure out how to fix it.

Edited on 11/22/2015 at 6:42:36 PM PST

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Nov 22, 15 6:54 PM
Siberlene

I just wanted to add that the shivering bat in the interrogation room is my absolute favorite. But I also like the "bash a rat" in front of the Dark Tower. He blinks, wiggles his eyebrows and claps his "hands" when you click on his head.

Yes, frustrations or not, I enjoy the castle. It keeps me from getting mean when in pain.

ETA: "when you click on his head."

Edited on 11/22/2015 at 6:57:52 PM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Nov 22, 15 8:26 PM
I am EST. I cannot gift anyone until 3am, even if they are in my time zone or a time zone AHEAD of mine. I get that there are time zones behind mine, and therefore they have not yet started their "new day". That makes sense. But not being able to gift my OWN time zone, or those ahead of mine....well I just don't get it.

Go to: