Shanghai - Level Help

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help great tips

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Dec 30, 15 2:55 AM
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the Shanghai tips posted on December 29.

Thanks to Bellerophon!

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help

[Post New]by edp1730 on Dec 30, 15 9:59 PM
edp1730 wrote:
shooter9325 wrote:Hi, I am stuck on level 112. There are not enough white stars to trigger the white star blockers. Can you please advise me how to get around this
Thanks, SHOOTER

I got the first level with no problem. The 2nd and 3rd level seem impossible. 18 moves to get 350,000 points. Any ideas?

I finished level 112. I had to use 8 shovels. I am done with Shanghai.

Thanks for the update! I just reached Level 112, and have the same issue. ALL those white "star bombs" to fill up, and very few white gummies to do it with! I'm going to try the "X-Out" method to see if white gummies eventually show up.

Well, I got enough white blockers to beat the "Intern" level - haven't even TRIED the other 2 levels.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Level 114-3: required for Helping Hands card

[Post New]by edp1730 on Dec 30, 15 10:06 PM
The "double lightning" method on this level does not get rid of the paper because of the walls. I've tried a BUNCH of times to create a lightning bolt that would be touching the paper, but it never happens. Has anyone beat 114-3 without choosing the lightning boost before you start the level? I've been stuck for days! uuuggghhh Thanks! :-)

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Dec 30, 15 10:29 PM
I just tried it. I'd already completed master level, so I can't speak to the other two levels. I made a vertical lightening bolt at the bottom on the far left, there was a break in the wall at the bottom. Then hit the foil with lines on it (a double foil) with the lightening. That cleared all the foils and the souvenirs dropped through.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Dec 31, 15 9:31 PM
famvir3 wrote:I just tried it. I'd already completed master level, so I can't speak to the other two levels. I made a vertical lightening bolt at the bottom on the far left, there was a break in the wall at the bottom. Then hit the foil with lines on it (a double foil) with the lightening. That cleared all the foils and the souvenirs dropped through.

Thanks! I think I was having a run of bad luck, among other things. I decided to add the Kite boost to the equation (it's MUCH cheaper than Lightning), and that did the trick for me - that and some luck. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but on my FIRST try using the Kite boost, I also got a lightning bolt down at the bottom where it was touching the paper. Once all the paper was zapped, it was pretty easy from there. At this point, I don't plan on playing the other 2 levels! LOL LOL

PS: It sounds like the Architect and MB levels use "stickies" instead of paper to clog the outside columns. My method for getting rid of paper won't work on stickies, so thanks again for the info!

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 9:35:48 PM PST

Re:Shanghai - Level 114-3

[Post New]by Cjplummerwo on Jan 6, 16 2:46 PM
I'm stuck on this level at Architect sub level. I have used 20+ lives and several combinations of boosts. I have had no luck in bringing the 2 souvenirs down in the allotted moves. I have also used several 5+ moves to a Life and still no luck. This is particularly frustrating that I cleared the Intern sub level- that too was very challenging. I would kindly appreciate any guidance you can provide...I have checked the forums and typical information sources for game strategy and none are listed for this unique level. Please help!!

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 84

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 8, 16 6:41 AM
kakeza wrote:Hi I am suck on level 84 in Shanghai. Any advice please.[/quote

Did you ever get through Shanghai level 84?

I just wasted 300 coins for extra moves, plus a wave boost to clear the column, still didn't get it.

Please, help.

Thanks

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 9, 16 5:09 AM
SHANGHAI 32 MASTER

After passing the first two tiers with great difficulty, I find it impossible to beat this level and feel I must use several boosts. The advice given above is useless to me, as it concentrates on how to break the chains on the outermost columns. Well, this is very difficult indeed, but I have been able to achieve it many times. The problem is how to get the 12 souvenirs to drop after that. They are not lined up (like they are in the notorious NOLA 16, for example), but are all over the place and go through various portals.This is a board full of "holes" and thus you can't easily make matches in the exit columns to guide the souvenirs and line them up. Extra moves don't help at this stage. I guess the only way is to use numerous shovels to get them to drop, perhaps combined with waterfall boosts. This is a level that definitely needs adjusting.

What is worse, is that as you progress in the game the extras become more and more important- unless you want to spend endless amounts of time shipping or drilling. At first it was the Helping Hands that became necessary. Now you have to complete the 10-item missions as well, where many items are at impossible tiers. Shanghai 32 Master is needed for such a mission that gives 50 gems. Perhaps I'd better start drilling...

ETA: Well, after countless attempts I finally managed to pass this terrible level, but only because I was for once lucky and was able to make several bolts and line/bomb boosts, which created lots of cascading. But this is very rare in this board! I still had to use 10 extra moves (5 of which I won at the wheel) and one shovel to finish. Barely made the score! Phewww!

Edited on 01/09/2016 at 8:30:18 AM PST

[Post New]by ZEBULON3923 on Jan 9, 16 7:57 AM
I play on PC and I'm at level 70 in Shanghai, I support all the pandas and bought all aid cards but I lack 118000 pink gems to build the happy valley Shanghai and was told to replay levels to more resources!
But no level gives pink gems ???

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help pinks

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 9, 16 1:08 PM
To zebulon,

I had the same problem. On another post, I mentioned that that is no way to get pinks from levels 1-70. I went back and built the resource Mart at level 45 (I think). But of course it was too late to help much. I had to ship from other cities and it too a while, but there is no other way.

Good luck..... wait till you get to level 84, it's impossible, I've asked for help, but no response yet from CS.

[Post New]by ZEBULON3923 on Jan 9, 16 3:48 PM
Fishfinder 246 thank you, that's what I did now I replay in another city to spend time Grrr!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 9, 16 5:30 PM
fishfinder246 wrote:To zebulon,
I had the same problem. On another post, I mentioned that that is no way to get pinks from levels 1-70. I went back and built the resource Mart at level 45 (I think). But of course it was too late to help much. I had to ship from other cities and it too a while, but there is no other way.

If that's the case then it's bad news, and they must adjust the game. The mods have repeatedly confirmed that all resources are always available in the current city, and I don't think this includes resource marts anyway.

Edited on 01/09/2016 at 5:37:57 PM PST

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 10, 16 10:09 AM
eli173 wrote:
fishfinder246 wrote:To zebulon,

If that's the case then it's bad news, and they must adjust the game. The mods have repeatedly confirmed that all resources are always available in the current city, and I don't think this includes resource marts anyway.

Eli,

There are NO, NONE, NADA, ZERO, pinks offered from levels 1-70 in Shanghai.
I'm wondering now why there haven't been a lot of players posting about this issue, any thoughts?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 11, 16 11:39 AM
fishfinder246 wrote:Eli,
There are NO, NONE, NADA, ZERO, pinks offered from levels 1-70 in Shanghai.
I'm wondering now why there haven't been a lot of players posting about this issue, any thoughts?

MISSING PINKS AT LEVEL 70

Well, I just reached 70 and building requires 1,120,000 pinks. The HH gives only 1 million and as you say there's no other way to get them. I have 75,000 in stock, from some previous HH in Shanghai, so I'm still short 45,000. It's funny that ZEBULON reports missing 118,000. I can't account for this difference, unless s/he has skipped some previous HHs and shipped instead. Ah! I may have won some in the lottery or free chests as well!

In any case, 45,000 is not such a large amount- costs 150 coins to buy or can be shipped easily if you have several ports with max capacity- which I do not. But I guess that this is why it has not been reported by others, it looks like most people here ship anyway.

Before Shanghai there was one other instance (I don't remember where), when I was missing some hats, I think, but the amount was even less so I bought them outright.

Still, all resources should be available in the current city as promised.

Players who have not reached that level yet should start shipping beforehand if they don't want to wait.

Edited on 01/11/2016 at 12:49:37 PM PST

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 12, 16 6:46 AM
Eli

See my post on the front page of the forum. I created a new discussion, so maybe some people who are starting SHANGHAI will see it.

Fish

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 12, 16 5:44 PM
SHANGHAI 72-1 NEEDS ADJUSTING
bfgBellerophon on Oct 22, 15 8:38 AM
[...]Shanghai Level 72-1 was indeed a bit tricky and took me quite a few tries to get through it. If you are able to get two Lightning Bolt Boosts next to each other to swap, then this will be very helpful. It will clear the board of everything except the chained color blockers. If you are also then able to swap a Lightning Bolt Boost with a line combo boost, this will help to add more hats and points to the level requirement as well as get any possible yellow gummies for the color blockers.

This is one of the nastiest levels I've seen so far, in that it appears to have been especially designed for failure. It has 6 yellow chained color blockers but you would be lucky if you get enough to fill one or two of them. The blockers are positioned in such a way that half of the board is useless- there's not enough space for even a match-3 there! In addition, behind the blockers there is sand, which makes things worse. In the beginning you are given 4 bolts but they are so positioned that you can't use them as they are surrounded by gaps and can only be moved by shuffling, which happens very frequently. There are several more gaps and chains on the board, making the required score, even though it seems low, almost impossible to achieve. It also has a hat target but that's not a problem.

I tried swapping two bolts, which, although easy enough to achieve, offers next to nothing. You get only a few points and the cleared sand will be replenished immediately, as you still can't make any moves in that area. I then wasted 6 shovels to clear the color blockers, but was still unable to achieve the score. After numerous tries, the only thing that finally worked for me was swapping a bolt with a line boost, and only afterwards removing the remaining blockers with shovels (however, it is very difficult to bring a bolt next to a line boost due to the board layout). Even so, I barely made it. And I'm talking about Intern only. Wouldn't touch Architect with a ten foot pole, even though sometimes higher tiers are easier than Intern. It's a good thing it's a side level and not needed for a 10-item mission.

Is it worth playing? I think yes- there's no HH at the end, just a direct deal to exchange some resources (that you get from a HH) with others. Unless you enjoy shipping millions of resources.

Edited on 01/12/2016 at 5:45:58 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 13, 16 3:44 AM
SHANGHAI 71 MASTER
by bfgBellerophon on Oct 22, 15 8:38 AM
Shanghai Level 71 was a little bit tiresome for me as well. In the beginning I was getting times where I would do one move and the board would have to reshuffle. Don't let that get to you! After I was able to get a few moves in, it was easier to get the colored blockers to go off. This helped to clear out the chained gummies in the middle of the board. You will then find it easier for the chained souvenirs to drop down the board once the blockers go off.

Boy this is the worst city so far, making New Orleans look like piece of cake! Of the 9 columns, the center 5 are all walled and full of chains, and each has a souvenir sitting on top. Matches are almost impossible because if you start anywhere lower than the top (which is usually the case- a good step would be to choose boards that have matches at the top rows but these are almost impossible to find), any match leaves gaps in the columns due to the surrounding chains and then you get stuck. It seems that you either need several bolts- not happening as you only have two free columns on each side (I was only able to make one, once), or numerous shovels or waterfall boosts? The level seems impossible to pass. What worries me most is that the quoted post refers to color blockers. I have not encountered even a single color blocker in my numerous attempts, and I'm pretty sure there were none on the first two tiers either. And where are they supposed to be located- definitely within each walled column, something that would make matches even harder, I think. I'm playing on PC. Is there a bug (like New Orleans 16)? Has anyone on PC passed this level recently, and if yes, how? Fish? Thanks!

ETA: It's official! Just after I posted this I went back and passed! This has happened many times! However, I must note that I just lucked out, I did not have a sudden insight! I was able to drop the first souvenir to the right because of a line boost that was created automatically, and then it was not that difficult to do the rest, although I needed some extra moves and a shovel in the end. It must be noted that boards where you need extras such as moves and shovels are becoming more and more frequent. Final note: there are no color blockers in Shanghai 71!

Edited on 01/13/2016 at 4:22:55 AM PST

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 13, 16 9:28 AM
Glad u got it level 71. Was going back to see if I could help, but good to hear you're moving along now.

Interesting that there are no color blockers, as u said. I went back and played it to check. I had completed the master level, probably because I needed it, but don't remember how. Maybe just luck.

Just a "heads up", when u get to level 110, if you're not already there, you're gonna need 1,120,000 of all three, plus 50 green gems. Of course you can buy some, but expensive, to the tune of 650 coins. I opted to drill, albeit slowly using rome 87 and other cities. Now working on a local I didn't use in New Orleans that pays 10 green gems (level 112).

Good luck

Fish

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 13, 16 9:50 AM
Update, local at lev 13 in New Orleans pays 40 green gems if u haven't used it.
I still needed to complete 7 levels to get it, so opted to go with 112 instead.

Hope this is useful, May be moot if you're zooming past me.

Fish

[Post New]by slappyallen on Jan 13, 16 10:06 AM
just finished shanghai.it is very hard to complete without using a lot of resources.some levels seem virtually impossible but you need to just sit back and wait for the lucky spin.when is los angeles coming out

Go to: