Cape Town - Level Help

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

Re:Cape Town - Level Help

[Post New]by snowmanvt on May 14, 16 4:49 AM
bird: please read my post right below yours. Forget about the brown color blockers. This level is about Points, not removing all the blockers. You need to match two lightening bolts to clear the papers, then concentrate on points before a blocker explodes. It is hard, but eventually doable.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on May 14, 16 12:55 PM
88 was no problem, this was the crazy 92-3, Gave up on it Snow, could not get even half the points needed and never got 2 lightnings together at any stage. Just sucked it up and used 2 sets of shovels, so much for saving money and the cost of the helping hand is ridiculous!,

Edited on 05/14/2016 at 12:58:44 PM PST

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on May 15, 16 7:46 AM
It is like life....sometimes you just have to suck it up and spend the coins.

Edited on 05/15/2016 at 7:47:15 AM PST

Porgia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Porgia on Jul 13, 16 10:38 PM
Matched 2 lightning bolts and... Nothing. It didn't clear the paper and I barely gained any points. Big Fish need to sort this level out!

Porgia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Porgia on Jul 16, 16 11:39 PM
snowmanvt wrote:bird: please read my post right below yours. Forget about the brown color blockers. This level is about Points, not removing all the blockers. You need to match two lightening bolts to clear the papers, then concentrate on points before a blocker explodes. It is hard, but eventually doable.

Have matched 2 lightning bolts several times and it does not clear the paper. Can't match a bolt to a paper as impossible to get them next to each other. Ggrrrrrrrr. Anybody got any other tips?

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Jul 17, 16 10:29 AM
You can use your shovels to take out the color blockers. If you use them on the top left, you open up additional slots for more than 3 across matches. You can start cascading explosions from there. I also use the shovels on the timed blockers (there are two). You do not need to get rid of all the brown blockers, just hit your target number to win. I think I used a total of five shovels to pass the master level, less on the others, so approx 160 coins (per level) and I was out of there.

Edited on 07/17/2016 at 10:41:57 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jul 29, 16 8:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to offer some help for the levels being discussed here.

For Level 118 I found that it worked best to try and set off some of the color blockers early in the level. This freed up some of the Lightning Bolt boosts underneath the sand so that I could start matching them with other gummies. Matching one with a light blue gummy was especially helpful, as it let me fill up the color blockers faster which helped with the score and uncovered more Lightning Bolt boosts on the board. After setting off a few of those I had reached the score requirement and was able to pass through the level.

In Level 92-3, what I found most useful was to try and clear as many stickers off of the board as I could. The more sections of the board I freed up the more likely I could cause gummies to cascade down, which helped me to get bonuses for combos. I also had luck trying to create bomb boosts to set off, which could clear large numbers of gummies in one section. Once more of the sections were opened, I then worked on creating boosts and matches in the farthest sections so I could have even more gummies drop down onto the board.

Porgia, I'm sorry to hear that there's been trouble clearing the litter in Level 88. I do want to clarify that, while matching Lightning Bolt boosts will clear all of the gummies off of a board, this won't be able to get rid of the litter. However, if you match a Lightning Bolt boost with a piece of litter it can help to clear it off of the board.

I understand that there've been some issues completing this level, and the Moderation Team has made sure to pass along people's concerns regarding this. In the meantime, bfgWaimea included some tips for completing this level on the first page of this thread. In case you're interested, I've included a link to that post here:

If anyone continues to have trouble completing a certain level, we invite you to contact our Customer Support Team with the email address linked to your game. Our Reps are always happy to help as best they can.

I hope this helped, and I appreciate your patience. Happy gaming!

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Allnamesinuse on Aug 22, 16 5:19 PM
I want to back up the post about the Helping Hand at Level 3. The number of points required is just not attainable on my machine.in dozens of attempts I just succeeded in removing the petals. Making lightning strikes etc is obvious, but not that easy with so many different colours and so little space. My one success came after several sets of extra moves gave me enough lightning strikes next to arrows, but even a Gummy Drop didn't give me anywhere near enough points. I used my last coins on another 15 moves and still didn't make it.

I always sound so frustrated here, partly because I'm frustrated and unable to move and partly because posting here from a thoroughly updated iPad is very very difficult.Even then I can't edit unless I delete everything back to that point.

[Post New]by bella_jody76 on Sep 19, 16 4:43 AM
Anyone got advice on level 105 - architect? I'm really struggling to figure out how to get rid of the paper.

[Post New]by Stormy_W1 on Sep 19, 16 5:43 AM
Hello everyone, level 88 of Capetown is a bit of a challenge. You need to be sure to take your time and calculate your moves. I did spend a little time on this level too. I agree with trying to create boosts in order to move on.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 20, 16 2:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues getting through particular levels in Cape Town.

For Helping Hand Level 1, Petal Pusher, what I found helped get through this was to focus on making a line crushes and Lightning Bolt Boosts. Line crushes can be made by combining four of the same gummy while Lightning Bolts are created with 5 of the same gummy. I then worked hard to get them next to each other to swap. This will then turn the same colored gummy on the board to that boost. This ended up freeing the chain on the leaves. Once they were free, I then made matches for them to go through the portals and through the board.

Stormy_W1, thank you for providing suggestions on how to get through Cape Town, Level 88. It is definitely helpful and appreciated.

For Cape Town, Level 105, Architect, is indeed a tricky level that took me a few tries to get through. In the beginning, players need to work fast to not have the sand take over. To help get through this I worked to also create boosts such as Lightning Bolts and bombs. If I was able to get two Lightning Bolt Boosts next to each other, I swapped them together. This will help to clear the board. To get rid of the tiles, players must continue to work to create matches within those squares. This will help clear out a layer at a time.

If players continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game as bfgPanthalassa mentioned. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can. The good news about Gummy Drop! is that with enough reports of certain levels, we can work with the appropriate teams to help fine tune them.

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Khlancaster on Sep 28, 16 5:06 PM
I spent money and resources to pass the intern level on 88. Another user said you only had to pass as an intern, but that didn't happen to me. I have to pass again and that just isn't fair. I don't mind spending money here and there but this level is a rip off.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 29, 16 10:49 AM
Hi Khlancaster,

Welcome to the Forums! I'm sorry to hear that Cape Town, Level 88 was a challenge. I agree that it is definitely a tricky level. We will indeed pass this information along to the appropriate teams for review. If you find that there are other challenging levels, it is recommended to post in the designated city thread. Other players and the Moderation Team can help offer hints and suggestions. I'll include a link to the main directory below:

Gummy Drop! City Directory - START HERE TO FIND LEVEL HELP

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

Re:Cape Town - Level Help HH 73

[Post New]by 2Fellows on Nov 12, 16 7:41 AM
Hi - this is incredibly difficult. I have probably used about 25 lives and spent 450 coins trying to clear this HH. Unfortunately it is necessary to clear this, in order to move on, otherwise I would just leave it out. Is there some trick I'm missing? It seems impossible to drop the blades and/or accumulate the required score. Advice would be appreciated.

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Cape town helping hand 1

[Post New]by cind310 on Dec 9, 16 7:51 PM
After multiple tries, I managed to drop all the flower petals but had already spent some of my coins. Even after buying 2sets of extra moves, I could not reach the points needed. It does not seem possible to both drop the petals and to get points. And there is a lot of luck needed to create the necessary line crushes. I have 8 million pink gummies in Rome (I find it easy to create gems at level 86) and could get bricks York level18 but.they are useless because I can't easily get them to Cape Town. I may end my journey at this point.

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Cape Town level 4 HH

[Post New]by cind310 on Dec 21, 16 7:26 AM
How do you break chains on the yellow and red gummies since there are none open to match with. Lightening bolts don't help.

[Post New]by Rsccdsa on Jan 21, 17 7:05 AM
Knismesis wrote:Holi cannoli am I really the only one trying over and over and over to pass this level? Helping hand level 1.

This level is impossible. There does not seem to be a way to get the required number of points. Glad I'm not alone. Love the game but this level might be my undoing.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 21, 17 7:16 AM
Rsccdsa wrote:
Knismesis wrote:Holi cannoli am I really the only one trying over and over and over to pass this level? Helping hand level 1.

This level is impossible. There does not seem to be a way to get the required number of points. Glad I'm not alone. Love the game but this level might be my undoing.

After trying numerous times, I had to buy 5x5 moves to pass Helping Hand 1!
You may consider shipping the bricks and pinks instead (from Rome, for example, where you can get them easily if you don't already have them).

Edited on 01/21/2017 at 7:32:23 AM PST

Cape Town - Level Help: 38 Architect

[Post New]by Tillysmum_1 on May 12, 17 2:32 PM
Cape Town Level 38 Architect.

What gives with this level?

I just cannot get my head around what I need to do here. Can anyone help>

Edited on 05/12/2017 at 2:34:06 PM PST

ScottishMags
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Cape town level 52-1

[Post New]by ScottishMags on May 13, 17 8:28 AM
Help please for level 52-1..
How on earth can you 'release' the four lightening bolts, short of 'digging' them out.

Go to: