snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:The Tudors comments and reviews

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Oct 28, 09 9:42 PM
Shoot. First thing I read was 5-8 hrs of playtime which got me excited...until I read the fishies reviews. I'll give the demo a look, but 5-8 hrs of boredom isn't what I had in mind BF.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Oct 28, 09 10:57 PM
I mhave not finished the game yet and realy getting my monies worth, the one downfall I do have with the game is that some items are that obscure that even with hint I cannot see, have had to go to the blog walkthrough (Thanks again Prv,,)

Enjoying the story personally I does not worry me the dialog, found it interesting, also the puzzles white neat, had trouble mixing more the understanding of the puzzles. Overall enjoying it 90% of the objects can be found I can be a bit lazy so use the hint for the last one or two,. I would give it 7/10 Not an unforgetable game but then we have been spoilt with a few lately,

Cheers
lineck

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Oct 28, 09 11:55 PM
I played the full hour and found it hard to navigate from scene to scene. I almost gave up in one room because I couldn't figure out how to get back into the garden area. The conversations did get kind of boring having to click through all of the speeches.

I agree that some of the scenes were grainy and I had to resort to quite a few hints to find things in either dark areas or very bright ones. I love HOG's but probably won't buy this one. That's a shame because the game looked fairly long. I had only gotten a quarter of the way through the game in an hour.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 29, 09 2:02 AM
I have played the game not for the full trial, because it was so boring! The graphic is so not good, the items are fuzzy and its nothing special. I won`t purchase it and wait for a better game.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 29, 09 2:06 AM
Am loving this game! The attention to detail is great. Even the hint replenisher is beautifully done!

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Oct 29, 09 8:10 AM
I deleted this one after 10 minutes. Way too much dialogue to read, too dark, and the items were hard to identify. The Tudors was one of my favorite TV series, so I was hoping this would be a good game. It just simply is NOT a good game. Seems like someone with great creative artwork ability was trying to make their first attempt at creating a game. I won't buy this one.

Another comment: I was watching the "View" yesterday. Whoopi Goldberg made a comment about when she gets engrossed in playing computer games that she just isn't aware of anything else going on around her. I wonder if she plays Big Fish games and what her favorites are. Does anyone know?

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Oct 29, 09 8:48 AM
This should have been a great Hidden Object Game but sadly it is not. I got stuck almost right away. Couldn't light the candle to go to other room.. so...
Not impressed.
BTW... whoever it was that said Elena was Spanish was not up on British Names.. Elena could very well be Welsh.

Thanks for listening..

Annie
huggzz1

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 29, 09 11:26 AM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
6 Bamboo sticks out of 10
This is a rare game. Rare because the people that created it are obviously very talented and can produce wonderful entertainment. That being said, they fall short. I am enjoying the relaxed style of it but the graphics do need some more resolution overall and it could be more exciting. I found the HOG qualities to be quite challenging. I would certainly give it a demo try if you are considering it but when I think about how great it COULD have been, it frustrates me. The hint replenisher is (as someone pointed out) quite nicely done!
A big problem I have with this game is the reading and lack of some voice talent to make it more intriguing. Being a voice actor myself, I know how inexpensive they can get good voice talent to bring this more to life. ([URL removed by moderator])

Edited on 11/12/2009 at 2:34:43 PM PST

[Post New]by sumtingfishy on Oct 29, 09 6:31 PM
Had technical problems with this game. Sometimes you can't click directly on an object. you have to click to the left or right or under. If you get too close to the left it throws you back to the outside in the first level. Specifically I am talking about the dominoes. I was surprised I saw only one post about technical issues. Seemed like I kept getting hints I didn't ask for. Must have clicked too close to the toolbar.

My first post here. Had to save someone from this game. Graphics were nice. They were dark in some places and many objects were difficult to find or click.

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Oct 29, 09 7:34 PM
I actually do watch this show on Showtime and love it. But this game? I did not love it. I downloaded the preview and did not even finish the hour. It was tedious....boring....and had no story line at all. I did not even recognize the people who were supposed to be playing the roles. I am glad I did not waste my money or my free game bonus on this game. It was a big dismal let down.

KathyB
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by KathyB on Oct 29, 09 11:59 PM
I didnt have any grainy problems. But I am so disappointed in this game. I love the show. King Henry is hot! The reason I'm not buying it is because 1.its to hard on my eyes.2. Some of the objects are so dinky, I actually grabbed a magnifying glass to see if it would help. It didnt. I finally gaveup when I entered the messy room and you had to match tiny pieces to their owners. The last item wouldnt match up even with the hint. 3.There are things to look for that I had no clue what they were. Even one of those shadow hints would have been nice. At least I would have gotten the general idea.
This game just wasnt as enjoyable as I was hoping it would be.

elsie15
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by elsie15 on Oct 30, 09 10:45 AM
Game not for me - only played 20 minutes of free download then got bored. Anyway onto the next game, hope this one is more enjoyable.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Oct 30, 09 2:21 PM
I did buy and finish this game but it was disappointing and not very well done.
Cons:
Most of the scenes were dark and the objects were at times miniscule
Hint system not very helpful in some instances
Potion mixing mini-game not very well explained
Too much dialogue to read

Pros:
The hint system recharge was quite fast
The choice of timed or untimed mode

Could have been done a lot better I think.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Oct 30, 09 7:59 PM
I rather liked the game-at least the trial. I thought the graphics were good and I enjoyed the music. There is quite a bit of dialogue and it would have been better if there had been less of it but overall, I enjoyed it.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Oct 31, 09 10:08 AM
I'm not trying to start pond drama LOL but I'm really curious to know why, if so many people found the subject matter to be so boring, one would demo a game with an obvious historical theme in the 1st place? I'd think if one doesn't care for history, one might put such games on "ignore". Just wondering....was it just a reflexive "ooooo new HOG" lunge?

[Post New]by saffirebleu on Nov 2, 09 2:12 PM
I was really disappointed in this game. The graphics are really dark and it's difficult to find many of the items, whether they are large or small. Even with hints, I had difficulty finding some of them. After two unfruitful clicks, the cursor starts moving around to warn you to be more careful, and when you are searching for something you can't even see, that gets frustrating. Moving my monitor around helped once in awhile, but for the most part, I just felt like screaming.
Usually I like it when there are some challenging items to find, but this went beyond challenging to frustrating.

The storyline was convoluted and some of the puzzles did not have clear instructions (like filling the flasks).

So many characters and alliances to keep track of led to frustration and then boredom. I finally gave up when I realized I was going to have to find a million little beads.

This is the first time I regret buying a game at BFG.

The positive things I have to say...the characters were easy on the eyes, and the hint system refilled quickly.

Overall, though...

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 3, 09 1:03 PM
I was very much looking forward to having a fun romp through King Henry's court. What I got instead was very **** hum. I only got halfway through the free demo when I just didn't want to waste anymore time.

I found the extensive dialogue to be unintriguing. The proportion of dialogue to game play was out of whack. With only about 10 objects per HOG scene, there just wasn't much to solve.

I was able to complete the potion mixing mini-game successfully, but I don't know why I was able to solve it. My mixings were just random frustration picks.

This could have been a great game with all the storyline possibilities, but it was a boring disappointment. This is a big thumbs down for me.

I am a big fan of BFG, and I am sure that this kind of shortfall won't happen very often.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Nov 5, 09 2:31 PM
The game was too big for my screen, and since you didn't have the option of taking it off Full Screen, I couldn't really play it. There would be clues that I couldn't click because they weren't on the screen, but I could see the hint circle indicating that it was down there. Too bad, I was really enjoying it until I hit an object that I couldn't possibly collect.

deeno2
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by deeno2 on Nov 7, 09 6:36 PM
Well....I liked it. Yes, some things were hard to see but in all I thought it was just different enough to be enjoyable. I never watch tv but I have seen the actors on this show and I agree that they are very badly chosen for their roles. Yeesh, I really don't think Henry the VIII ever looked like that even as a young man. I may not buy the game because like many of you I have to keep within a budget. But it will be put aside as a 'maybe'.

lohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lohr on Jun 15, 10 5:09 PM
This may be a technical problem. When I leave the game wanting to search a room where I have to identify the differences - after father has been murdered and I know that it's Pole and the woman - I can't continue when I start again because I can't get the yellow banner telling me what to do, to go away so that I can cllick on one of the missing bits. Has anybody had this kind of problem before?

Go to: