Escape from Ravenhearst

kristis86
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re:Escape from Ravenhearst

[Post New]by kristis86 on Nov 16, 11 6:44 PM
I'll just buy. No demo necessary for me. I've loved all of the MCF games (with 13th Skull being my favorite followed by RTR (I know I'm in the minority with that opinion) )
Can you put a parenthesis inside of a parenthesis? Even if you can't, I did it anyways, yea I'm a rebel like that.
Even if I were to try the demo and not like it (which I doubt) I would still have to play the entire game because I love the series so much so I might as well just buy it.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 16, 11 6:57 PM
I'll watch the trailer and read the reviews, but I will buy it no matter what. Even if it's not as good as other's, I believe it's still going to be good enough to buy. I don't think any sequel in movies or games are as good as the original. But, with this series, not so good, is great still. I just love all of them and I can't wait for the release. I'm sure it's going to be a CE, so I'll save my money now.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 16, 11 6:59 PM
Always demo first, if only to make sure it runs on your computer.

tbcoe
Marlin
Marlin
9,599 Posts

[Post New]by tbcoe on Nov 16, 11 7:13 PM
I won't be demoing it because I beted it and it ran just fine. It's an instant buy for me.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Nov 16, 11 7:48 PM
tbcoe, I'm excited to hear you beta tested it. Does it follow suit with the other Ravenhearst?

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 16, 11 7:51 PM
I really liked the first MCF games as far as game content but the last one 13th Skull, I believe it was, got into occult themes and I was so disappointed. So many games have seemed to take that route. I will probably play the demo of the new one, unless reviews and/or the video indicate occult themes. If that is the case, I won't bother with the demo. Surely, developers must know that a really good mystery game without adding the supernatural or occult can be made. An example is Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cat. I've just started the bonus part of the game and there was no occult in the entire game that I recall or, if there was, I didn't see it. I'm really enjoying the game. I just hope the new MCF game is similar (just my humble opinion).

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Nov 16, 11 8:09 PM
I always try the game first. You never know if it is going to work right, on your computer. I own all of the MCF games. I do hope we get it a day early, like last year. I can't wait.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 16, 11 8:44 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:I really liked the first MCF games as far as game content but the last one 13th Skull, I believe it was, got into occult themes and I was so disappointed. So many games have seemed to take that route. I will probably play the demo of the new one, unless reviews and/or the video indicate occult themes. If that is the case, I won't bother with the demo. Surely, developers must know that a really good mystery game without adding the supernatural or occult can be made. An example is Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cat. I've just started the bonus part of the game and there was no occult in the entire game that I recall or, if there was, I didn't see it. I'm really enjoying the game. I just hope the new MCF game is similar (just my humble opinion).

13S was about pirates. One of the characters practiced hoodoo, which is not the same as the occult. Dire Grove had dealt with a Celtic legend involving a witch, so maybe you're thinking of that one?

Rohangirl
Stingray
Stingray
5,716 Posts

[Post New]by Rohangirl on Nov 17, 11 4:26 AM
Definitely demo it first, I had problems with other games I've demoed so I want to be sure I can play it.

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 17, 11 4:32 AM
I'll get the demo, but 5 minutes should tell me whether my computer is up to the job. I don't expect to play the demo much longer before buying (assuming hardware compatibility).

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Nov 17, 11 10:44 AM
When will Escape from Ravenhearst be released? Can't wait!!

Zoesgran
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

[Post New]by Zoesgran on Nov 17, 11 2:35 PM
boogienites wrote:When will Escape from Ravenhearst be released? Can't wait!!

It's usually released on USA Thanksgiving Day, which is next Thursday I can't wait either

[Post New]by tonjadillard on Nov 25, 11 11:47 PM
I've encountered a bug...what do I do? There is supposed to be a key in a certain spot and it isn't there. Now I can't even access the spot the key was supposed to be in because I've "finished" what I need to do there. I can't progress without the key.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 26, 11 12:48 AM
HI Tonjadillard

Welcome to the pond

If you need some help you should check in the forum of the game

Bellow is the adress of the forum

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/2600.page

Hope you will find the answer to your question

[Post New]by scfishieinkt on Nov 27, 11 5:36 PM
I downloaded this game before I demoed it. I have just started playing and when I got into the mansion game froze. Has anyone had any problems with this game?

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 27, 11 5:56 PM
LOL--anybody notice this thread is 2 years old and NOT about this year's MCF?

[Post New]by cc_texas on Nov 27, 11 8:50 PM
Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst

by cc_texas on Nov 27, 11 8:48 PM
is it me or was this the lamest MCF yet. when i hear MCF i think a freat hidden object game. not a morphing game. and i think there was more switching back and forth in this one than ever. SG was way confusing kept having to go to the forum just to get clarification on alot of things. i used 2 of my credits for this.....and MCF is the one thing i could count on to help me get through the thanksgiving break with the kids...not a happy camper here. will think twice IF there is to be another one.

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Nov 27, 11 10:34 PM
I saw the thread was from 09 but it's current now. I agree with you cc_ texas, lame is a good word.
I demo'd the game, bought it even though I knew the SG was pictures only, no helpful words. I don't know why they called a h0 game instead of a morphing object game. I found 1 h0 scene in the whole game. After I finally finished the game, I found no bonus play. I was told the last chapter was the bonus play. If I'd waited for the SE, I could have saved myself nearly $ 8.00 and gotten the same thing. This MCF is so different from all the others, it's almost like it came from a different developer.
I am disappointed but have only my own greedy self to blame.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Nov 28, 11 5:09 PM
I never, ever buy without demo and reviews. Except for this one. First time I've bought without demo'ing in forever. That bit me with DC:Book of Air. Never worked. But I couldn't resist, especially since I haven't bought games for quite a while.

mylie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mylie on Jan 21, 12 2:04 PM
I didn't take the red pill from the first mannequin in the maternity ward and am now stuck. It won't let me go back and get it and without it-I can't get the certificate of birth. what do I do now?
Help!

Go to: