COOKING QUEST

Re:COOKING QUEST

[Post New]by emique on Aug 18, 08 6:47 PM
After buying this game (why does it never happen before?) I have found bugs. Maybe once per restaurant I have a problem clicking on a specific item. I know I have the right item (I've used hints), but nothing happens when I click. Not a problem in the first 3 restaurants, because I found I could just let the time expire for the specific menu set, then replay the scene with a new set of items to find and hope they're all functional. But on the Fish Restaurant, one of the bug items is the ice cube tray I have to find in the beverage set. It's a menu item, so I can't skip it. SO... I paid for the game and can't play any further. Very frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by doodah7 on Aug 20, 08 2:52 PM
I also could not access the ice cubes at the top of the page. I tried to make screen smaller, but it still did not work.

[Post New]by Little_Cactus on Aug 27, 08 11:16 AM
Hi Guys,

I too have reached the fish restaurant and can't get the ice cubes. I have a Mac computer, and I only found one previous bug in the game... the spider's web in the butcher's. Is this problem affecting only Macs, or are there PC gamers out there having the same problem?

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to try and get hold of the game's creators to get them to fix the problem. I'll let you know if I find a solution to it. It's frustrating because I love HO games. I was on 4.5 star reviews each time as well.

Little_Cactus.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 27, 08 11:41 AM
I'm running Vista. I have played through this game at least twice and had no issues at all. Sorry for issues ya'll are having. good luck.

thedd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by thedd on Aug 30, 08 10:43 AM
I'm having the same problem with the icecubes on a Mac. Also with items at the top of the page. (the cobweb, cowboy hat, ceiling lamp, one of three keys etc). I am going to ask for my money back because it's just too annoying. I have to keep letting the time run out and hope I get different clues. The icecubes are killing me though because I can't move on !

loftyes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by loftyes on Aug 31, 08 2:06 PM
Same exact problem as you guys with the ice cube tray and key and grasshopper and balloon. I dealt with the latter's but we need the ice cube trays to finish the level. Whether in full screen or windowed mode, still can't click the ice cubes.

chatted with tech support but only get the standard responses; have you updated your software...yada, yada, yada.

If and when BF ever gets this corrected, please let us know. We Mac people have to stick together.

[Post New]by juniper111975 on Sep 1, 08 10:38 PM
I am having the same problem with the game. I am unable to click items on the very top of the screen, like the ice cube tray. I too tried to change the screen size and it still did not work. I contacted Big Fish and I was told that the game might just not work on my computer. My computer is only around 2 years old and is a Mac Ibook G4.

[Post New]by GinaBThinagain on Sep 2, 08 2:17 AM
I am also stuck in the Fish Restaurant (using an iBook G4). I have cleared all of the other courses, but because the ice cubes are necessary for the Shrimp Cocktail, and I can't select them, I can't get past this level.

I have emailed Tech Support as well. I haven't heard back, but will let you all know what I find out.

Since some of you said that Tech Support said that you need to upgrade your software, or your computer, I am going to try playing on my husband's MacBook Pro.

Edited on 09/02/2008 at 2:19:21 AM PST

[Post New]by GinaBThinagain on Sep 2, 08 4:20 AM
The Bad news is....

I started from scratch on my husband's MacBook Pro, and everything that I couldn't do on the iBook, I could do on the MacBook, I was even able to select the darn ice cubes.....

Now I'm screwed! I have to wrangle the MacBook when he's not working!

loftyes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by loftyes on Sep 5, 08 2:52 AM
GinaBThinagain wrote:The Bad news is....

I started from scratch on my husband's MacBook Pro, and everything that I couldn't do on the iBook, I could do on the MacBook, I was even able to select the darn ice cubes.....

Now I'm screwed! I have to wrangle the MacBook when he's not working!

That's interesting GinaB. Do you know what the difference is between your laptop and your hubbies?

We Mac folk don't have to update our software as often as the Windows people and then it's really only Quicktime, Security updates (which are rare) and maybe Flash (which is a third party software).

I'm using an eMac G4 700mHz with OS X 10.3.9 everything updated as of this post. I tried downloading The Race on my sister's G5 iMac and it still wouldn't load. Seems if BF advertises the Mac games are "G4, 400mHz or greater", then we shouldn't have these problems.

I'd be curious to know what you find out.

[Post New]by Little_Cactus on Sep 5, 08 8:41 AM
I have emailed Customer Services, in the hope that they can help. I have an iMac G5 (about a year and a hald old), and I don't see that I should be forced to download extra software on the off chance that that might be the problem.

I have also asked about 'Hidden Secrets - The Nightmare' and 'Sherlock Holmes - the Lost Cases', as I can't even open either of these games. Grrr.

Libbalou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Disappointing

[Post New]by Libbalou on Sep 11, 08 2:37 PM
I'm really bummed that I spent one of my game credits on this game. It only took me 2 hours to complete all the levels and I got 4.5 stars on all levels. Too easy. I thought there'd be more restaurants or something else to it once you bought the full version.

The game was fun, but it just didn't go far enough...

[Post New]by kiciu21 on Sep 25, 08 5:18 PM
Anybody know, how to get 5 STARS???? I always have only 4,5! ( except restaurant Mama Mariela )

[Post New]by icantmimber on Oct 12, 08 9:20 PM
I'm new to this forum stuff but my pc won't let my download cooking quest.

Jiisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Jiisa on Nov 8, 08 6:09 PM
Loved the game. I just wish it had more restaurants.

[Post New]by morrison on Dec 21, 08 1:58 PM
I played this one until I got through all the restaurants and did ok. But somewhere I found several pages of hints on where to find certain items and how to cook all the food, for each of the restaurants. I downloaded it but not I can't find it. Since it's been a while since I played, I thought I'd try again. Does anyone know where or if I can find those pages of hints again? (Nothing like cheating a bit, is there?) Thanks.

[Post New]by Carmencita69 on Feb 27, 09 4:16 PM
gamerprincess7 wrote:
kiciu21 wrote:Anybody know, how to get 5 STARS???? I always have only 4,5! ( except restaurant Mama Mariela )

What you need to do is after you gather everything make sure you purchase the highest grade items. If you need more money don't click on an item you've found until you've found another item and click them both quickly for the money bonus. Make sure to click the hidden ingredents last since it will break your chain of money if you click it first. When you are in the preparing phase, work quickly and don't pick things off the cooker/blender/fryer/shaker/whatever until it's fully in the green area this is usually a while after it dings. If you wait until the indicator is completely in the green area for everything you prepare, and use highest grade ingredients you can buy then you'll get 5 stars.

I've done that like a million times and i still can't get past 4.5!!!!

Re: COOKING QUEST

[Post New]by Shortstitch on Apr 4, 09 3:08 PM
ilovephins wrote:I am enjoying this game also. But have come upon a problem. Sometimes when an item I am looking for is at the bottom of the screen I cannot click it. This is not a problem unless it is an item that you have to have such as a pie shell. If it is not an item you HAVE to find then I can just let the time run out and start over and so far the item I couldn't click is not on the list again.

Has anyone else had this problem and if you did how did you fix it?

Thanks

Re: COOKING QUEST

[Post New]by Shortstitch on Apr 4, 09 3:11 PM
ilovephins wrote:I am enjoying this game also. But have come upon a problem. Sometimes when an item I am looking for is at the bottom of the screen I cannot click it. This is not a problem unless it is an item that you have to have such as a pie shell. If it is not an item you HAVE to find then I can just let the time run out and start over and so far the item I couldn't click is not on the list again.

Has anyone else had this problem and if you did how did you fix it?

Thanks

I have quit and went to Options and made the screen smaller (not full screen) and went back to game and picked up the object ehn went and made screen full screen again....this seemed to work for me.....Shirl

Edited on 04/04/2009 at 3:13:30 PM PST

[Post New]by karpanen on Sep 9, 09 12:32 PM
I have received 5 stars in the all six restaurants. The game does not report completion. There is something else there?

Edited on 09/09/2009 at 12:33:34 PM PST

Go to: