cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:NEW HO - Hidden Mysteries - Civil War

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 20, 08 1:00 PM
Scotcat ... you're so smart. I changed to window mode each time I couldn't click an item at the bottom of the screen. Never thought to "move up" the window so it would be a little higher in full screen mode. I ran into the same problem in another game -- can't remember which one. I'll remember your tip if it happen again. Thanks!! You're a doll as well as a fellow cat lover LOL.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jul 26, 08 3:40 PM
Being a history fanatic, I really liked this game. My one and only complaint is the teeny tiny objects that are so difficult to locate. Even with my "cheaters" on and nose pressed to the monitor... dang near almost impossible to see some of the objects.

harfangs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by harfangs on Aug 18, 08 11:56 AM
hi i'm stuck in the Shilo level I found 9 flowers , the 10th one is in the tree upper left ?I click on it and...nothing appears how can I do ?

Everybody is right: not enough hints and too much stuff to find

harfangs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by harfangs on Aug 19, 08 12:42 PM
Please where is the last flower in the Second level Shiloh battle I have one on upper left ,a yellow one it's s stuck ... help I can't finish and go further

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 19, 08 1:09 PM
harfangs, welcome to the forums. There is a screenshot you can check out. Google: Hidden Mysteries - Civil War tips & tricks. Look for link with GAME and Z in the name. Click that link and it should take you right to the walkthrough. Hope this helps. good luck

harfangs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by harfangs on Aug 20, 08 2:58 AM
Thanks a lot I'm going to check

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Aug 25, 08 9:02 AM
I was just checking some of the more recent game posts, and was glad to see this thread brought back up. I really liked this game when it first came out, but alot of the reviews I read elsewhere were negative. And since there have been alot of good games, this one just fell through the cracks. After reading all the postive comments (from fellow fish I know), I think I missed a good game. Next HO drought there is, I'll be picking this one up. Thanks everybody!

harfangs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by harfangs on Aug 25, 08 10:15 AM
lilorange wrote:I was just checking some of the more recent game posts, and was glad to see this thread brought back up. I really liked this game when it first came out, but alot of the reviews I read elsewhere were negative. And since there have been alot of good games, this one just fell through the cracks. After reading all the postive comments (from fellow fish I know), I think I missed a good game. Next HO drought there is, I'll be picking this one up. Thanks everybody!

Well lucky you , but I can tell you I got this game with a free coupon and its's good because it's awfull ,objects are way too tiny , not enough hints and most of all I run on mac with mac OS 10.5.4 (leopard) and I'm stuck on 2nd level at Shiloh battle ,last yellow flower don't vanish when I click so I can't go further because I can't pass this level ans I'v been on lot of forums it's appears it won't run on mac too bad it looked like a good HO game

harfangs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by harfangs on Aug 25, 08 12:56 PM
I just tried to play again civil war On Battle of Shiloh it's the same: impossible to click on yellow flower so , finish I QUIT , won't play anymore tto bad

mbbcmg67
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mbbcmg67 on Aug 27, 08 8:06 PM
I just started playing this game this past Sunday and bought it with a free coupon after demoing it for an hour--couldn't wait to play it further. I agree there are problems with the objects disappearing and ESPECIALLY the hints not being seen!! It really irks me when I've used the hint and cannot see it. I've also tried the mini game to earn extra hints and cannot get it to work. Any help would be appreciated!!!

I am stuck in 1863 in two places: Gettysburg looking for the tire iron and Chattanooga, looking for the blasted horseshoe. Can anyone help with these?

I haven't tried reducing, moving and re-enlarging the screen, so I'll try that next time--thanks for the help!!

Overall I really like the game because of the history and decoding the letters and the battlesites are just kind of like walking on hallowed ground. I think it's a great way to learn a little more about the Civil War and enjoy learning about it. My brother-in-law is a history buff, ESPECIALLY Civil War so I'm going to recommend it to him and he loves a challenge as do I so I think he may enjoy it, too.

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on Sep 2, 08 6:53 PM
I really thought this game would be more fun. Beautiful graphics, scenes and I didn't mind the letters and reports and games (except clue earning cannon ball game)

But the hidden objects were just so hard to find! I too had to learn to minimize my screen, but didn't know about moving it and then resizing it, thank you.

They don't give you enough hints for the game. I was stuck on fireflies for weeks, then once I got past that I got stuck on arrows.

Not a relaxed player friendly game at all.

Re: NEW HO - Hidden Mysteries - Civil War

[Post New]by coxie1 on Sep 4, 08 7:15 PM
scotcat wrote:When a game starts to become irratating, it's not fun anymore. I am only on the 2nd level - I have 1 key to find & 1 flower which must be the size of a pin point. I am out of hints and simply cannot master that dumb bomb game which I hate. I was out of hints earlier and had hubby come in and stock piled (5) me some hints because he can breeze through that mini game. I can't go any further since I can't find the last key or flower and have no hints and hubby is asleep. This is not fun! I'll go play my demo of Family Feud. Phtfff....

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Sep 12, 08 6:15 AM
I bought this game and would definately NOT recommend it to anyone. Just play the demo. It'll irritate you enough.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Sep 12, 08 9:05 PM

The Civil War Game Demo broke my heart.... I LOVE CIVIL WAR HISTORY. I was so excited to read the story..which I loved and play the game.. which I did not LOVE. I have a 17" screen, and the HO's are just way toooooo small. Please game designer.. the people playing your games have eyes that just might be getting tired. And even if I had 20-20 vision, why would I want to strain my eyes for the objects. It is no fun for me to have to rely on the hints for EVER object. Maybe you could do a revision.... Sadly, I can't recommend buying the game.

[Post New]by rolliepollie1155 on Sep 25, 08 8:01 AM
PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE LAST ARROW WAS

EllenH
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by EllenH on Dec 30, 08 12:48 PM
Just finished, while it was a challenge it wasn't long enough and the lack of mini-games meant it was not good value for money.

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

Stuck in 1864 Siege of Atlanta

[Post New]by Felinda on Jan 2, 09 11:17 PM
I cannot for the life of me find the hairbrush. Used all the hints, although I was only actually able to catch only one of them before the sparkles ran out and that was almost a no-go. Forget the battlefield game. For those of us who can't play it, there are too many squares, so we can't even accidentally win a hint. I would love to finish this game only because I started it and don't want to leave it hanging. After that, it is going into retirement. I have a 24 inch screen, and can barely see the teensy objects. Most of the time I finish the objects by clicking on things that I can't tell what they are, and hopefully they happen to be something in the list. I would probably recommend that this game be avoided unless you have supreme eyesight, a huge monitor, and some aspirin to take after your eyes give you a headache. History buffs may love it for the story, graphics, and sound effects.

Any help with the hairbrush location will be appreciated.

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

No Longer Stuck in 1864 Siege of Atlanta

[Post New]by Felinda on Jan 2, 09 11:56 PM
I found the hairbrush in front of the hand in the lower left hand corner. Whew!! So it looks like I will be going into the home stretch. It will be a good thing to end this game because the objects were just too teensy even for my large screen, but I will miss the soundtrack. I do have to say the graphics and soundtrack are excellent. The thing that would make this a triple A game would be to use that magnifying glass to actually magnify the scenes, or to make the battlefield game a little less challenging. (At least give us the number of mines on the field so we can make more intelligent choices)

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 15, 09 8:42 PM
I really enjoyed playing this game. I got it for my daughter to play along with me, as we are both Civil War buffs. The history you get as you go through this game is incredible!! The objects are small and sometimes hard to find, but that only adds to the challenge as far as I'm concerned. What a great game! Are there going to be any more in this series? I recently saw Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace and love it as well. This would be an AWESOME series to keep going for a while!

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Re: NEW HO - Hidden Mysteries - Civil War

[Post New]by Terri218 on May 23, 09 2:54 PM
scotcat wrote:When a game starts to become irratating, it's not fun anymore. I am only on the 2nd level - I have 1 key to find & 1 flower which must be the size of a pin point. I am out of hints and simply cannot master that dumb bomb game which I hate. I was out of hints earlier and had hubby come in and stock piled (5) me some hints because he can breeze through that mini game. I can't go any further since I can't find the last key or flower and have no hints and hubby is asleep. This is not fun! I'll go play my demo of Family Feud. Phtfff....
Hubbies do come in handy sometimes.

Go to: