Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove info and speculation!

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Oct 30, 09 2:52 PM
Aww .. Forget it.. Ill just hang on the teasers.. and do footwork from here..

lynne8179
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,322 Posts

[Post New]by lynne8179 on Oct 30, 09 2:52 PM
okay i think it's time to for a picman strike part 2. we need clues!

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Oct 30, 09 3:14 PM
Kimmy1971 wrote:Aww .. Forget it.. Ill just hang on the teasers.. and do footwork from here..

it is stickied kimmy, it is on the top of chitchat with a big orange i (for information)

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Oct 30, 09 3:22 PM
Darn I'm so excited I haven't got a clue but it definitely looks like a creepy game

wicketbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by wicketbird on Oct 30, 09 3:36 PM
On the BF Facebook page, it says this:
"Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove announced by Big Fish Games. Learn more about the exciting sequel to Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst."
So, could the new game take place in the same area?

Edited on 10/30/2009 at 3:37:01 PM PST

manndiee
Stingray
Stingray
5,395 Posts

[Post New]by manndiee on Oct 30, 09 3:55 PM
Let's see, we know that Victor went back in time. Maybe, he went back to reinvent himself or Charles, in some form or manner. Or, Victor could have joined a traveling circus and found someone new, to help carry out his "father's" wishes.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 30, 09 3:56 PM
Under "Historic" it looks a bit like Stonehenge....I'm thinking Druids. Someone mentioned a Celtic Cross too.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Oct 30, 09 4:06 PM
if you look on the dire grove sign up under the word historic, it looks like stonehenge

i agree with you prpldva about having something to do with ancient scottish lore

does any one know any scottish folk lore pertaining to werewolves, witches or any thing of that nature

Edited on 10/30/2009 at 4:08:51 PM PST

cazzabee
Salmon
Salmon
2,575 Posts

[Post New]by cazzabee on Oct 30, 09 4:18 PM
amj0963 wrote:if you look on the dire grove sign up under the word historic, it looks like stonehenge

i agree with you prpldva about having something to do with ancient scottish lore

does any one know any scottish folk lore pertaining to werewolves, witches or any thing of that nature

There's loads of scottish folklore relating to stuff like that amj. Not heard so much about wearwolves but other things yes

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Oct 30, 09 4:29 PM
i did read something about werewolves and witches i googled scottish folk lore but really not too much pertaining to a resort or hotel except for ghosts and regular hauntings

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Oct 30, 09 4:35 PM
Cptduzer wrote:yeah!!!!!!!!!

cuz I am getting totally discombobulated with which thread says what!

LOL!! My family uses that word & we so agree with you! Thank you!

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Oct 30, 09 4:39 PM
In the Blair Witch Project, the witnesses to the original crime had said they'd seen creatures that were half man half beast in the woods near the crime scene. It also had an extensive diary just like the other MCF games.

Also, the car mysteriously stopped working and they abandoned it. They had been hearing children's voices in the woods and found dolls hanging in the trees.

The Ring had an old resort in the woods and all those images of the past that didn't make sense until the end. Also a big spooky mansion on a cliff near the sea.

Hmmmmmmm. Can't wait! Hey, Thanksgiving has already come and gone in Canada, so I think we should get our game now! lol

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Oct 30, 09 4:43 PM
What has everyone found while searching for info about Dire Grove?...

This may not be related at all, but there is an audition video on YouTube by some woman for "Dire Grove Presentation" and a few other things, I am sure it is not related but I just wanted to share

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 30, 09 5:13 PM
wicketbird wrote:On the BF Facebook page, it says this:
"Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove announced by Big Fish Games. Learn more about the exciting sequel to Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst."
So, could the new game take place in the same area?

Oh right, I hadn't looked at FB.

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Oct 30, 09 5:26 PM
Rose427 wrote:What has everyone found while searching for info about Dire Grove?...

This may not be related at all, but there is an audition video on YouTube by some woman for "Dire Grove Presentation" and a few other things, I am sure it is not related but I just wanted to share

Funny, the audition talks about Celtic legends.........

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 30, 09 5:30 PM
Sinsaint wrote:
prpldva wrote:The hood ornament on the car in the lower left corner looks like a MCF Badge....

Yes, but so does the top of the page. I think that's just the TM symbol, if you will.

Sure, but since *we* are the detectives in all the MCF games this implies we are following someone into the closed resort, or, since the MCF vehicle looks like it's parked, like we are staking out the place. It adds information, not just a repeat of the logo, by showing who is in which car, if ya see what I mean.

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Oct 30, 09 5:35 PM
Poodlebear wrote:
Sinsaint wrote:
prpldva wrote:The hood ornament on the car in the lower left corner looks like a MCF Badge....

Yes, but so does the top of the page. I think that's just the TM symbol, if you will.

Sure, but since *we* are the detectives in all the MCF games this implies we are following someone into the closed resort, or, since the MCF vehicle looks like it's parked, like we are staking out the place. It adds information, not just a repeat of the logo, by showing who is in which car, if ya see what I mean.

I gotch ya. I assumed we were in the bottom car... I guess because of the perspective. I didn't think it looked like *we* were parked though. The car looks like it's on the road. And the headlights are on so the car must have some power. I guess we can rule out the battery as the problem.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 30, 09 5:35 PM
From a Dire Wolf Ozark search -

Although some fossils found in Arkansas suggest that a group of Dire Wolves may have survived in the Ozark Mountains as recently as 4,000 years ago. Whatever wiped out the Dire Wolves was something swift and deadly, these stocky Wolves will be missed dearly.

so they lived the longest in the Ozarks before they died out ... but perhaps not all...

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 30, 09 5:57 PM
Just for fun - Google Dire Wolf Lyrics - a song by the Grateful Dead.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Oct 30, 09 6:22 PM
Ooooooh! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet? Oooooooooooh.

Must have more information.

Go to: