rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Stories: Puss in Boots Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by rainworm on Dec 4, 15 3:31 PM
... since many here stress their age - well, it is never too late for a happy childhood!

Just enjoy!

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Stories: Puss in Boots Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Dec 4, 15 7:28 PM
I look forward to these games each year. I played a little of the demo just to make sure it worked on my computer and it does so I bought it. So far I am loving it. Only one thing has disappointed me. The first thing that drew me into the game was the opening music. Carol Of The Bells is my favorite Christmas song. But my disappointment was to find that it is not one of the downloadable songs in the extra features. Other then that I am loving this game

luciusm
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by luciusm on Dec 4, 15 8:05 PM
Yup,
Add me to the 65 year old kid category. Love this game. I have all the other Christmas Story games, so the sale they're having is no good for me.
So, unfortunately, I will probably have to wait until AFTER Christmas to buy it. As usual, I am going overboard playing Santa to my kids, my grandkids, their pets, etc. , and my bank account shows it.
To Elephant Games: Beautiful and sweet game. Thank you.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Dec 5, 15 9:25 AM
nontechiegrannie wrote:I started out really liking this game. BUT then I started playing it & immediately became befuddled at the game play....

This was probably the poorest "Spot The Differences" that I have ever played. First of all, it was a little unclear and confusing as to how it worked. Now, I have been playing casual games since at least 2004. I have played many "Spot the Differences" games and none of them worked like this one. What you usually have are two images side-by-side and you mark the differences on one of them. This one worked a little differently and was thus confusing until I finally "got it". If I had a problem and nontechgrannie had a problem then, how are young children going to figure it out? Well, maybe if they are not used to the traditional STD game play it may be easier for them. I was not only "thrown" by the way it worked, I really did not quite "get" it and had to cheat to solve it. It was only after I cheated that i saw how it worked and even then I thought it was a poor version of this standard mini game.

Edited on 12/05/2015 at 9:30:14 AM PST

[Post New]by DreamDancer82 on Dec 5, 15 10:50 AM
It's like Elephant Games was reading my mind! I don't remember where I posted this, but I had mentioned, when talking about the previous "Christmas Stories," I had said that I hoped Elephant Games would come out with one that featured the cats as the main characters. And this certainly does! My kind of game, considering I'm a crazy cat lady (the main cat in the bonus game even looks a little like my cat!) It's not as long as the other "Christmas Stories" games, as I managed to get through the whole of this one in three sittings (there were only two points when I paused: when the demo ran out, and when I took a break between the main game and the bonus chapter). There are some great nods to the other "Christmas Stories" games as well. I found this to be somewhat short, but very sweet. I have a lot of fun with this series, and the newest installment did not disappoint. Meowy Christmas to all, and a Happy Mew Year!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 5, 15 12:11 PM
Add this 72 yr old to the list of forever children. I love a really hard challenging game and have played many of them. I do however appreciate a charmingly rendered, beautiful game even if it is childish. I also love childrens' books and movies. I was quite entertained by this game and do not regret purchasing it without trying the demo first.

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Dec 5, 15 8:44 PM
And a 62yr old as well - I loved it especially after just completing the two MCF Ravenhearsts and the darkness of them. I really needed something light and cheerful and the cute kitties suited me perfectly. I've enjoyed all the Christmas Stories and look forward to more in the future.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Dec 6, 15 6:46 AM
Just popped back to add I have just finished this game and really enjoyed it. The bonus chapter put quite a few other games to shame. It was relevant, interesting and quite long!!
Thank you for a very pleasant pre= Christmas hours.
Happy and peaceful holidays to every one.

[Post New]by mamaofkk on Dec 6, 15 11:51 AM
janey1806 wrote:Yes I agree. Sickly sweet. Only for young children. Its all very cute and all that but I was hoping for more of game like The Nutcracker, that was a good game for all ages. This is too cutesy cuddly and the voices didnt help. Wont be on my christmas list.
HEY!!!!!!! I'm 55 and I loved this game!!!!!

polcross
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by polcross on Dec 8, 15 10:17 AM
brilliant artwork,gorgeous music, long game with lots to do- only point against... I presumed I could work back at the end and find anythng I missed, like the puzzle pieces, but I couldn't...it ended and I have to start again.
Had great,, foolish, but pleasant fun anyway

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Dec 8, 15 10:27 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game!!!!!! And I am over 50, so....

What I appreciated most was that the voices were ACTUAL children's voices, not the horrible "adult trying to sound like a child" voice that so many other games are fond of. I am a cat lover through and through, have 5 cats and am rehoming a "feral" colony at present. This game was made for me, thank you developers!!!! SO many cats everywhere in Cattown, on the buildings, the signs, everywhere. I was in heaven. And I loved the little cats demanding/asking for toys they wanted.

Yummy, classic, fun game.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 8, 15 11:40 PM
This is honestly the best game of the series and will be one of my favourites. As a cat lover, a Christmas Stories lover, this has it all. Great, light-yet-mysterious story still full of fantastic twists, FANTASTIC gameplay, great HOS and puzzles, wonderful graphics... I'm not gonna go into details on a forum post but this is FANTASTIC! Definitely buying this one.

PS- 18 and generally HATE cutesy cuddly games, but this is a keeper.

Edited on 12/08/2015 at 11:46:03 PM PST

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Dec 9, 15 9:38 AM
Guess I'm also a kid as I enjoyed this game. Found the cats to be very charming.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 10, 15 8:06 PM
What a beautiful Christmas game! So bright and colorful and, "Christmasy". Everything about this game is A-1 with no technical problems. A great present, BF. I look forward to another game in this series each holiday season.

Edited on 12/10/2015 at 8:07:17 PM PST

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Dec 11, 15 9:41 AM
I enjoyed this It might have been childish but the pu zzles were different and the game was fun.

[Post New]by JasperMN on Dec 11, 15 9:44 PM
Hey, I am stuck on how to get the jigsaw puzzle pieces to rotate. It's in the 'Extras' part of the game. I have all the pieces, it shows three puzzles, but my arrows toward the bottom don't make the pieces turn. Help! Thanks

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 13, 15 7:33 AM
Hmmmm, just haven't been able to equal the first Christmas Story (the Nutcracker). This actually appeared a bit short for a CE. Haven't played the bonus game yet as I'm a bit on a "sugar overload". Nice game and cute, but got a little slow and boring. I was glad when the end came.

Excellent animations, and color. Storyline was "cute" as were the characters. I felt the game didn't run very smoothly. Used the hint a lot to move around because the transporter map was fairly confusing and useless. The hint was a transporter hint so it was the best way to move about. All the dialog drove me crazy and I did skip a lot of it. Voice-overs were OK as was the music.

HOS were sort of interactive and easy. Some of the puzzles were easy, others tedious. I used the Custom gameplay mode to set the hint and skip to refresh quickly. Can't say the game was a real gripper and very glad I got it on sale.

Maybe I missed it, but was there something I was suppose to do with the puzzle pieces I collected? Morphing objects were really dumb..not into that stuff. Not sure what the things that kept popping up in the upper left were all about. If I were you, I'd wait for the SE.

I give this one about a 3- out of 5. Maybe the bonus game will be better, but I doubt it.

UPDATE: Played the bonus game....cute, I actually enjoyed it more than the main game. Lots of fun.

Edited on 12/18/2015 at 7:26:34 AM PST

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Dec 20, 15 5:56 AM
gpj53 wrote:And a 62yr old as well - I loved it especially after just completing the two MCF Ravenhearsts and the darkness of them. I really needed something light and cheerful and the cute kitties suited me perfectly. I've enjoyed all the Christmas Stories and look forward to more in the future.

SO funny - I am also 62 and had finished the first most recent Ravenhearst and am about halfway through Unlocked and was saying to self, "Too much, darkness overload" so got this one.

Review earlier seemed startled this wasn't Eipix. Wonder why?

Opinions say more about the person holding them than they do about their subject matter (of course, this is an opinion LOL) - hence I wonder about the age of the people calling this too cute and too young. I know when I was a teenager I wanted so much to be treated as an adult (not that I always acted like one) and was quite sensitive about anything or anyone treating me as a child. Now I am old enough to enjoy and not to be worried or insulted by cute or childlike things. I love this game. Bolshoe spasibo once again, Elephant and BF!

CBEEM
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by CBEEM on Dec 20, 15 7:50 AM
Slushy, sticky and cringeworthy! For under 5's only so how about a Christmas game for us others who pay for these things. If it truly is for young children please stop teaching them poor language skills!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 21, 15 12:22 PM
I so very much enjoyed this Christmas game . It was just right for me getting ready for the holidays.

It is not a grey matter workout and that gave me time to think and plan for Christmas.

I will definitely play this every Christmas season

out of 5 for this young at heart game

Played on new PC running factory installed Win. 10 with no problems

Go to: