OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:TOO MANY HIDDEN OBJECT GAMES

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 1, 09 6:22 AM
SORRY THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT DON'T LIKE THE HOG GAMES . I CANT IMAGINE THIS FORUM WOULD BE AS BUSY AS IT IS , IF IT WAS'NT FOR HOG GAMES & ADVENTURE GAMES...WHAT IS THERE TO SHARE W/ OTHERS ABOUT MATCH GAMES....& TM....SORRY...TALK ABOUT BORING...I STARTED PLAYING GAMES BECAUSE OF HOGS....I WOULD OF STOPPED PLAYING GAMES A LONG TIME AGO , IF IT WAS'NT FOR HOG . EVERY NOW & THEN I WILL PLAY M-3 BUT ONLY WHEN I'M REALLY BORED . IF THE REASON BEING THAT THEY ARE CHEAPER TO MAKE SO BE IT..KEEP THEM COMING...I LOVE THEM...

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Nov 1, 09 6:26 AM
ditto keep the HOG coming

[Post New]by LlAngel47 on Nov 1, 09 6:38 AM
WOW!!! I was and am going to compliment BFG for a wonderful line up of HOG's this month. They are my favorite. I do play match 3's if a good one comes along. Everyone is entitled to their opionin and their game preference. Everyone enjoys something different. I started out years ago with match 3, then Majohang (oops!), then HOG's and some time management. I have found I am so busy lately that the HOG's give me a quick break. Okay enough of that.

Thanks BFG for all that you do to satisfy all of us fishies!!!! And for a fantastic month of HOG's.

Hugs & Kisses!!!!

PS: Can't wait to try 1912 Titanic!!!

Diamond71
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Diamond71 on Nov 1, 09 7:41 AM
Just had to comment on HOG having to many of them,never because I will always think of them as my favorite,but I also play other types,Fishdom Spooky Splash a match 3 is excellent.I have been playing it for days off and on.Millennium-a new hope is a RPG also taking days to play.So with all the HOGs with rotating them,I have a very busy day.So for people who feel like there is too many HOGS coming out,do what I do when TMS come out( dont play them) just go play some of the ones not finished you have.BF is doing their best to please everyone.By the way,love it we can all talk here in the fishpond

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Nov 1, 09 7:50 AM
I just wanted to be sure to add my voice thanking you for all the great HOG's. For the first time in a long time I have multiple games to demo and play. I have tried a few other forms of gaming, and have discovered a couple that I have enjoyed enough to purchase, but it's the well designed hidden object games (good graphics, mini puzzles, story lines & music) that always keep me entertained.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Nov 1, 09 7:58 AM
just 'impossible' to please everybody. Myself I LOVE HOG's games and I love to try something different even if at first it doesn't appeal to me.
it's a good way to open new ways of thinking. it's like reading different types of books, not always science fiction or drama......

lynnmx5
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lynnmx5 on Nov 1, 09 8:09 AM
To add my bit, I quite like them, but play on a laptop running Vista, and some games, whatever resolution you set the screen to, end up as an 8" or so square in the middle of the screen, so are impossible to play. Some do change, but sadly you don't know this until installed. Titanic is one of the tiny ones, so have had to dump it, but it may have been good!!
Happy gaming everyone

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 1, 09 8:52 AM
I "LOVE HOGS"

I do NOT gripe when there are too many::

TM's
Match-3's
Larg Case File's

SOOOO, why should you complain when I try to buy 6 games that I love?

Different Strokes 4 Different Folks!!!!!!!!

Happy gaming
PEN

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Nov 1, 09 9:05 AM
I love HOGs but sometimes there are too many. I believe these are the most popular types of game for BGF- they're only trying to meet the demands of the majority. The hottest games on this site are HOGs. I'm a large file fan myself. I can't get enough of them..LOL.

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Nov 1, 09 9:17 AM
Anytime BF runs any kind of promotion, etc., the majority of the games are going to be HOG games. A lot of people like the HOG games and more and likely they will buy them. Think of all the games that are sold during a promotion.
One problem I think they run into is they are producing so many HOGS so quickly that more and more are being put out with a lot of problems, glitches, etc. But HOGS make money. I must say I am one of those that contribute to the cause quite well.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Nov 1, 09 10:00 AM
ChristmasEve wrote:Anytime BF runs any kind of promotion, etc., the majority of the games are going to be HOG games.

It is funny how we perceive things. I keep checking the 2.99 specials looking for HOGs but they are never there. To my mind specials usually have other game types, guess that is because I usually play HOGs and puzzles.
One match three looks pretty much like another to me and those hurry, hurry fix another hamburger games are too much like my office. But my charming daughter-in-law , who's opinion I value, really enjoys the customer-service and build- a- new civilization games. Go for the ones you enjoy and leave everyone to their own favorites.
The biggest weakness in a HOG or any other puzzle game is that they have little "replay value" - once they have been solved they are done. The other games seem to have more "re-play value" because they have a more random input and/or variables. That's why HOGs sell so well and why we holler so loud when there has not been a new HOG in a while. Also why we are always broke.

[Post New]by queenbee43j on Nov 1, 09 10:38 AM
You can never have too many **** games for me! They are almost the only ones that I buy. My own personal opinion. I do not play the timed ones, only the untimed ones. Janey from Texas

[Post New]by FrankMorgan on Nov 1, 09 11:40 AM
Two questions - what is the difference between HOG and IHOG (as one fishy wrote). Also ya'll that buy lots of games - do you keep them all, play more than once or ??? Really liked Devil's triangle. Some parts easy for me and some way over my head but keeps the ole brain thinking. Thanks BF.

GreyMyst
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by GreyMyst on Nov 1, 09 11:41 AM
I think it is so sad when people start to get "personal" on these forums and it just shows how umiportant that persons views really are, and if it is classed as being rude, then the powers that be should ban me!!!!!!!!!!!! OOPSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 1, 09 12:09 PM
FrankMorgan wrote:Two questions - what is the difference between HOG and IHOG (as one fishy wrote). Also ya'll that buy lots of games - do you keep them all, play more than once or ??? Really liked Devil's triangle. Some parts easy for me and some way over my head but keeps the ole brain thinking. Thanks BF.

The difference between a HOG and an IHOG is that in an IHOG you are not only finding hidden objects but also using some of the objects you have found as inventory objects to help solve puzzles within a scene.

I buy quite a few games and have only replayed one or two, but the intention is certainly there to replay many of them, as after a while I don't remember all that much about a game that I enjoyed, so it's basically like a new game to me.

GreyMyst
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by GreyMyst on Nov 1, 09 12:12 PM
I love IHOGs and HOG games and I find if I leave it for a while I go back and as someone said here, it is almost like a brand new game so BFG KEEP UP THE VERY GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!

suss1
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by suss1 on Nov 1, 09 12:38 PM
My guess is, that they sell better. That is because they are better!!!!!

suss1
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by suss1 on Nov 1, 09 12:42 PM
FrankMorgan wrote:Two questions - what is the difference between HOG and IHOG (as one fishy wrote). Also ya'll that buy lots of games - do you keep them all, play more than once or ??? Really liked Devil's triangle. Some parts easy for me and some way over my head but keeps the ole brain thinking. Thanks BF.

MargB
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by MargB on Nov 1, 09 12:50 PM
My name is Margaret and I am an HOGaholic!

If I had any willpower whatsoever I would beg BFG not to bring out any more HOGs, but I haven't so keep 'em coming BFG, keep 'em coming, feed my addiction and keep taking my cash.
xx

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on Nov 1, 09 1:17 PM
Deleted

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 7:17:57 PM PST

Go to: