Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 6 here

[Post New]by sftoeire52 on Dec 10, 15 7:26 PM
JCPennys wrote:I sent in a diagnostics report yesterday along with the fact that I'm using Windows XP.
It will take them up to 72 hours to respond. I want to see this Dr. Felix's credentials!

I sent in a diagnostics report yesterday, too. I suspect Dr. Felix is a dentist!

covedon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by covedon on Dec 11, 15 4:59 PM
Just to let everyone know who are having this issue who have XP, I sent a message to Casual Arts via Facebook and got a prompt reply. I told them the problem with the W32 dll problem and also with the dos box just popping up, then nothing. I put their reply below. I'll put a message in this forum as soon as I get any resolution from them or if us XP users have no choice but to upgrade in order to play the game.

This was Casual Arts reply:

Sorry to hear you are having problems and unfortunately I think the issue may be down to Windows XP compatibility problem. I will pass this on to our coding team and see if we can find a solution for your problem (other than upgrading your windows).

I got a reply from BF with a free coupon for another game, but was not happy with that and let them know. They are also going to pass on this issue to their technical experts who will be able to provide further help. It could take up to 10 days as they are a little behind the usual wait time for technical issues.

Hopefully with both Casual Arts and BF trying, we may get the problem resolved (fingers crossed).

Edited on 12/11/2015 at 5:00:32 PM PST

[Post New]by fuzzypinkslipper on Dec 12, 15 12:12 AM
I am one of many customers who use windows XP. Downloaded this game everything seemed to go problem free, until I tried to open the game, then I get that message "the procedure entry point inet_pton could not be located int the dynamic link library W52_32 dill,". As I am not considering upgrading from windows wp in the near future I don't know if this problem can be solved. If windows xp is going to be a problem with BF games I think that a message should accompany the games so that people do not purchase them and then have to contact the support team to be reimbursed.

Respectfully
Joan Orser

[Post New]by JCPennys on Dec 12, 15 1:43 PM
Perfectly said Joan Orser!

[Post New]by jacqistar on Dec 12, 15 3:25 PM
having the same problems error report entry point not found sent a report in come one big fish get this fixed please

[Post New]by nannaroper on Dec 12, 15 8:22 PM
Having same problems as other's apparently with Window's XP, well said Joan, bought game with out trying demo, had no problems with the others, just jumped in feet first when I saw No. 6

[Post New]by nasus1999 on Dec 13, 15 7:41 PM
Looks like we're all having the same problem. Program won't run, only get error messages.
It would be nice if tech would at least acknowledge there's a problem, take the game offline until the issues are fixed

[Post New]by JCPennys on Dec 14, 15 5:47 PM
Sent a diagnostic report and received a response saying they would get back to me in 24 - 72 hours. It has now been 120 hours and I have not heard a thing.

[Post New]by raczac on Dec 15, 15 1:28 AM
Just started to play and it said readjusting then when it came back on I could not see all the page I was to play with Help!!!
I am using windows 8.1
Ok I tried it again Then when it said readjusting the numbers in the corner of the screen said 1280-960 60 HZ
Then when I closed the game and went back to my normal screen the numbers changed to 1024-768 60HZ
When it was the 1280 the screen was off centered to the right so I only saw a little piece of the Christmas Tree. So now can you help me?
Donna

Edited on 12/15/2015 at 1:57:20 AM PST

Mich3186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Mich3186 on Dec 15, 15 5:05 PM
pita1234 wrote:Won't play despite uninstalling, reinstalling, and shutting computer down in between.

Same here? Maybe we are all using Windows XP? I've had no problems with any other games. Seemed to download no problem but won't execute. I'm not getting an error message - it just seems to "crap out" when I try to open it.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Dec 16, 15 1:59 AM
OK, this is interesting. I also have XP and couldn't play. However, it was available from another gaming site today and it plays just fine - so it's NOT because of Windows XP!

Edited on 12/16/2015 at 2:00:26 AM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Dec 16, 15 10:15 PM
pita1234 wrote:OK, this is interesting. I also have XP and couldn't play. However, it was available from another gaming site today and it plays just fine - so it's NOT because of Windows XP!

Interesting, did you send a note to tech support? I have XP as well.

Seems nothing has happened in almost a week.

[Post New]by sftoeire52 on Dec 17, 15 11:26 AM
pita1234 wrote:OK, this is interesting. I also have XP and couldn't play. However, it was available from another gaming site today and it plays just fine - so it's NOT because of Windows XP!

I've been waiting for a week to hear back from Tech, so I'm not hopeful. I don't suppose you could post the name of the OTHER gaming site that has a version of Christmas Wonderland 6 that actually works? (Only partly joking)

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Dec 17, 15 5:01 PM
G'day,

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention, I am sorry to see that so many of our Windows XP users have run into trouble with Christmas Wonderland 6.

Rest assured this has been forwarded to the correct teams here at Big Fish and we'll work with the developers to get to the bottom of this just as soon as possible.

raczac it sounds like in your case the game and the system are having some trouble getting in sync when it comes to how to display the game. Adjusting the screen resolution, or the dpi may do the trick for you to get things centered and playable.

We have some great help articles to help with this:

Screen Resolution
and while this one refers mainly to Windows 10, there is a section on adjusting the dpi that should apply to Windows 8 as well.

Windows 10

Our Customer Support team will be more than happy to work with you in the interim if you contact, or have already contacted us.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 12/17/2015 at 5:07:14 PM PST

[Post New]by JCPennys on Dec 17, 15 6:15 PM
After 8 days I received a generic response from Big Fish Games saying they haven't had a chance to read through my email but here's two coupons for free games.

I don't want free games; I want Christmas Wonderland 6! (Arms crossed, stomping my foot and bottom lip sticking out)

Interestingly enough, I emailed Casual Arts and they responded in less than 24 hours saying they are aware of the problem with XP users and are working on a fix to resolve the problem.

[Post New]by canajungirl1 on Dec 17, 15 8:13 PM
I'm using Windows 7 but I have a black screen with an INPUT NOT SUPPORTED box floating around on the screen. I can't even Ctl Alt Del to get out ! Have to manually shut down the puter, I've tried reinstalling but to no avail and "the other" game site's game I can't play either same floating box around the screen. Any ideas ???? Really want to play this one.

covedon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by covedon on Dec 18, 15 6:25 AM
sftoeire52 wrote:

I've been waiting for a week to hear back from Tech, so I'm not hopeful. I don't suppose you could post the name of the OTHER gaming site that has a version of Christmas Wonderland 6 that actually works? (Only partly joking)

The person could have posted the website where they got the game that works, but it gets edited to just show asterisks in place of the other site's name. I know because I stupidly put the name of the site where it worked and when I checked my message the next day it showed the asterisks instead. I should have known better because after all, it's taboo to post the name of their competitors on their site. Sorry Big Fish. So I just deleted my message.

A fix is in the works from what I'm told and hopefully it will be soon.

Edited on 12/18/2015 at 10:27:40 AM PST

[Post New]by kebabe on Dec 18, 15 12:27 PM
I'm using windows 10 and having trouble playing this as my cursor won't go to the bottom or left hand side of the screen while in game but will go off screen to the right hand side and top. I can't reach the game options to see if playing in windowed mode helps and uninstalling and reinstalling didn't change anything. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

[Post New]by nannaroper on Dec 20, 15 12:25 AM
pita1234 wrote:OK, this is interesting. I also have XP and couldn't play. However, it was available from another gaming site today and it plays just fine - so it's NOT because of Windows XP![/quote

Took your advise Pita 1234, went snooping around, found another gaming site, down loaded, had a wonderful hour playing, as you said NOT WINDOWS XP, I just want to play the game I paid for.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Dec 20, 15 11:53 AM
kebabe wrote:I'm using windows 10 and having trouble playing this as my cursor won't go to the bottom or left hand side of the screen while in game but will go off screen to the right hand side and top. I can't reach the game options to see if playing in windowed mode helps and uninstalling and reinstalling didn't change anything. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Having exactly same issue with Win10. I'm uninstalling as it seems there are lots of technical issues with this game and not worth the hassle.

julesy

Go to: