mihshell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:New build of Hidden Magic now available!

[Post New]by mihshell on Nov 9, 09 5:28 PM
I took a screen cap in advanced mode just a few minutes ago where I was missing 6 items so I couldn't complete *any* spells.

[Post New]by tootalltotango on Nov 9, 09 8:24 PM
I'm using the second build, now, too, and it's still a little buggy. Some things just are not on the screen. If I were troubleshooting and thinking like a programmer, I'd say that the items needed are exceeding the max on one of the dimensions in the index/table whatever they're using.

That said, the game is so much fun, I keep playing it anyway. And I hope they give us another release after a little more testing. It's a great concept.

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Nov 10, 09 3:14 PM
Thanks to Tech Support, I was able to get most of the problems resolved. Of all the games I've bought from BFG, this is the first one I've had trouble with. It's good to know the support is so good.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 13, 09 5:29 PM
Hi there folks,

I just thought I'd stop by and let you all know that we have yet another new build of Hidden Magic available now. This new build correct the problem with the hints not working in "Advanced Mode". This new version is also been marked as a "Critical Update" in our Game Manager. So the next time you start the Game Manager, you should be prompted to update the game. Just follow the instructions to correct the game.

Happy gaming!

bfgErie

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on Nov 13, 09 7:05 PM
Hello Fishies,

First time of posting - be gentle with me. I have just downloaded the second new build of Hidden Magic, but now it's telling me 'Trial expired - Buy now'. I had already bought it on the 2nd of November. So at the moment I can't play it at all. Can I have my game back please?

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Nov 13, 09 7:27 PM
Perfect moniker for that posting, Cherry , welcome to the pond!!

And thanks, you actually answered the ? I was going to ask, which was, am I downloading yet ANOTHER build (yes).

Contact customer support; they will be able to reactivate your game for you, most probably with one of those quickie .exe files that are only 203 KB.

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on Nov 13, 09 10:36 PM
Hi HonlnBalto - wow your on the ball. I don't suppose there are many women who can say they've lost it twice! Anyway, having rebooted my pc the game has come back. How or why I don't know. Now I can have a crack at the advanced mode.

Take care.

may34
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by may34 on Nov 14, 09 7:25 PM
It said level 60 was not available and then it shut me off what is up with this please help thanks

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 15, 09 3:54 AM
This version is buggy too. ALL of the spells are pre-selected. They're not in available spells, where they're supposed to be.

It's only when you run out of the eight slots along the top that available spells starts filling up automatically.

Edited on 11/15/2009 at 5:17:02 AM PST

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Nov 15, 09 4:10 AM

bigErie,

Thanks for the newest build. The Hint button now works correctly in Advanced Mode!

courage27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by courage27 on Nov 16, 09 5:20 PM
I still get an access violation error when I try to run the game. I bought it b/c when it first came out the trial version worked fine, but as soon as I bought it and all the rebuilds came out, it stopped working completely. I contacted tech support, and they gave me a coupon for a replacement game, but I'd still like to be able to play this one. This is the only BigFish game I have ever had this problem with, and have bought and played a few since with no trouble.

Is anyone else not able to even run this game? Is tech support addressing these issues at all?

Pennyrose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Pennyrose on Sep 10, 10 12:13 PM
I see that most of the posts for this game are old but i've just started replying it.

Tech support from another site addressed my problems well. By right clicking the hidden magic icon i was able to "run as administrator". Doing this eliminated all the problems, especially the potion ingredients not advancing.

Hope this helps someone following behind me.

Go to: