Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by myrnarose on Dec 12, 15 2:46 PM
I'm also having trouble with the game freezing. Using Mac OX10.10.5. Have deleted the game three times and reinstalled but still freezing. Will not purchase until this is fixed.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 12, 15 6:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Dec 12, 15 8:12 PM
Running Windows 7.
Point of origin where I experienced Technical issues....Town Hall. On the picture frame, while trying to open the envelope, game will crash and an "access violation code" will appear.
Have to manually Ctr. Alt. Del., to get out of the game.
Cannot progress any further having tried 3 different times. Also tried un-installing, re-installing.
Did not help. Hopefully a fix is forthcoming.

Business as usual.......

It's getting old and tiresome Big Fish.

Addendum: BTW, I only got this game using a code that would have expired today, that of which was a code to use as a replacement for another game that did not work either. Does anyone else see the irony and redundancy? SMH....

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 8:19:51 PM PST

[Post New]by ladyluck278 on Dec 12, 15 8:59 PM
I am using windows 10 on a PC. Did not have any issues at all with the demo, but the minute that I bought the game it started to lock up. So I thought well lets start over. Then it locked up after crossing the bridge and got an error message. Tried to continue on got a few more seconds into the game and it locked up again. Funny how I had NO issues at all playing the demo, got all the way through it but bought it and then the problems start. I also have a gaming computer which was just upgraded so I know it is NOT my computer having issues and usually have very few issues with any of the collector editions.

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 9:00:49 PM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 12, 15 10:52 PM
completely frozen up on page where the tree house is - will try uninstalling & reinstalling - had to do CTRL+ALT+DELETE to get out of game. I have an Acer 23" all-in-one, Win 8.1 (both my PC's did a whack of auto updates yesterday) - before I d/l this game. both PC's are running win. 8.1.

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Dec 13, 15 2:06 AM
Game freezes in the School Room,can't seem to get round it, please send a fix or a refund - don't care which

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Dec 13, 15 5:00 AM
I am also having trouble in the school house. The game freezes. I do ctl-alt-del and it comes back okay but freezes. I am not getting any messages, it just freezes.

sewandsew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by sewandsew on Dec 13, 15 7:23 AM
Game crashed and froze during DEMO. No way to get out of game, C A D didn't work, had to physically shut down my PC. Windows 7 64 bit. I think I'm almost ready to quit BFG, too many problems with too many games the last year. What is going on with you guys anyway?

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Frezo on Dec 13, 15 7:43 AM
Playing on MAC. Same problem as others, after restart inventory is gone. When I pick up something Inventory still stays blank. Update needed!

nancer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by nancer on Dec 13, 15 8:23 AM
running el capitan. game froze. now the hint function doesn't work at all. very disappointing.

fingretart
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by fingretart on Dec 13, 15 8:43 AM
Nothing happens when I click on morphing objects....

[Post New]by Idahonative on Dec 13, 15 2:02 PM
The game froze on me also in the music room. Control, ALt, Delete....went back in, redid that book puzzle, and then it wouldn't remove the instructions for the puzzle, Repeated above, this time even though the instructions were still up, it allowed me to back out of the screen to the school room. Got out the window, did a few other things, came back with the wheel for the bulletin board, did that game, took the chalk, went into the music room....guess what? the instructions are still up, can't get to the chalk to draw the figures on the chalk board. Annoying. I'm going to now uninstall and reinstall this game. What a pain. I will let you know if anything changes...Oh and I'm running Windows 7,

[Post New]by Idahonative on Dec 13, 15 2:44 PM
Ok, uninstalled and reinstalled. it took me back to the schoolroom where I picked up the chalk. Then it sent me to the music room...same scenario. Instructions for the puzzle on the screen, but I've done the puzzle. You can go back to the school room, unless you have clicked on one of the blackboards....then the whole thing freezes up. It won't let me use Control/Alt/Delete, unless I try to use it at least 4 times, then it finally kicks me out to the box for that. I honestly don't think it is my computer, I believe it is this game. Especially as others have had this issue. I'm using Windows 7, refuse to upgrade to Windows 10 unless I upgrade the whole PC, I've had too many friends that tried that and went back to 7, too big of a jump in operating systems. My drivers are all up to date, No I don't want to do a Dr. Felix to confirm that. I give up...I will mess with this later, I'd hoped for some relaxation between study bouts for my final tomorrow...

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on Dec 13, 15 2:50 PM
Froze twice with access violation issues when playing the treehouse puzzle.
Alt/Ctrl/Del is the only way to exit. Is stuck at treehouse puzzle now.

Windows 10/64bit..

[Post New]by Kellykay46 on Dec 13, 15 2:57 PM
I have windows 10. game froze. Reinstalled. Froze again. Frustrating!

[Post New]by Innerl on Dec 13, 15 3:16 PM
I have windows 10 x64, all software up to date. Like others, the game is freezing up for me. Two different locations. First, after crossing the bridge and climbing the hill, it froze. I was able to get by by "skipping" this scene. Next, in the school music room, the game freezes after capturing the ghost in the room. I was able to back out, but my location on the map won't change from the music room, and when I try to access the school yard, the game freezes again. Cannot move forward. Will be asking for refund, as there are major issues in this game, and I can't move past the latest one.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Dec 13, 15 5:07 PM
VickiS531 wrote:I'm running Win7 64bit. My drivers are all up to date.

This game crashed several times early on while attempting to use the map to navigate around.

Now, towards the end of the game, I cannot access the mine cart again to play the minigame to finish the game.

VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Same here except its hard to find a place where the game has not frozen/crashed + many other problems. Am currently frozen at the school house (this time)! I have done 7 manual shutdowns since yesterday, 5 un-installs/re-installs (with all files associated deleted before downloading again), the HOG/HOS's were a nightmare...neither cursor would work, items could not be picked up, my entire inventory bar disappeared, map/hint only worked partially, Microsoft shut it down twice, so all in all its been an experience I won't soon forget. Don't think I've 'ever' seen a game with so many problems. I did a Beta for this game and then demoed it before purchasing...both ran smooth as silk. After I purchased the game the problems started from the get-go which poses the question if it's the BF Game Manager causing these problems. This is a very good game I would like to keep, but if it is not fixed I will be requesting a refund...'not' a Game Club Credit.

2007 Dell Desktop Inspiron 660 - 64 bit fully updated. Dell's tech support phone # available to BF upon request!

ETA: Day 3....Microsoft shut the game down at the second HOP to try to find a solution after freezing and couldn't.

Edited on 12/14/2015 at 11:09:07 AM PST

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Dec 13, 15 6:33 PM
Mac, El Capitan. game has crashed now three times, "error activation" showing up on Game Manager, makes it not just unplayable, but undesirable.

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Dec 14, 15 1:53 AM
Game froze in School Room..puzzle with books done...had to ctrl/del..

albe68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by albe68 on Dec 14, 15 3:29 AM
Spirit of Revenge Elizabeth's Secret ha avuto 355 segnalazioni di errore (la release di luglio non ha risolto nulla e ancora non ci è dato sapere quando ne uscirà un'altra speriamo risolutiva) e nonostante tutto continuano a vendere il gioco come nulla fosse, con Gem Fury siamo già a 38 segnalazione in 2 giorni. Direi che forse c'è qualche problemino con Vendel. Ma la serietà di BFG dov'è andata a finire?

Go to: