Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Lost Realms: The Curse of Babylon comments and reviews

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Nov 7, 09 3:18 PM
EHS61 wrote:i found the bat but it never made my inventory

Bat goes into tools at the top left. Hope that helps

[Post New]by Annabelle0926 on Nov 7, 09 3:25 PM
I like this game and am going to buy it. I liked the fact that it gave an explanation of unfamiliar objects. I also liked the idea of playing mini games for more hints. On my 23 inch computer monitor the graphics are clear & sharp. I always turn the music off first thing in any game so I don't know anything about that. Also, there is not a lot of "chatting" by the characters...they say what they have to say and the game moves right along.

MIRNI
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MIRNI on Nov 7, 09 4:02 PM
hye poodlebear: congratulation for all the nice comments on your good judgement. Please tell me what are your better choices in the hidden objects game. thank you. danielle

[Post New]by auntharriet on Nov 7, 09 4:47 PM
well I judge the quality of the game on whether i start watching the clock..If i do i know-its not a grabber,for one reason or another.
This demo was done before i even looked up.
I like it.Easy.Shure.But it has so many other things going for it.I'll buy this one.
And-strangely enough-i like the music.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 7, 09 7:24 PM
I liked the trial pretty well. The graphics are good and I also liked the three choices of mini games to play in order to get more hints. That was something I don't think I've seen in a game before. The game seems to be easy enough, so far, anyway,
and I like that you can skip at least some of the mini games or puzzles. But like some others, I couldn't find the bat, either. 1/2.

Edited on 11/07/2009 at 7:24:56 PM PST

[Post New]by candleofhope on Nov 7, 09 8:23 PM
Anyone have a problem opening the game?...I downloaded it and get an error...uninstalled it cleaned everything reinstalled and same thing...

I know go to customer service which I won't hear anything till monday if that....

any other help....

THANKS

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Nov 8, 09 8:08 AM
i enjoyed the hour but unsure about buying, i like having to go back to scenes to complete tasks but the game is a bit slow, and just my luck a couple of the mini games i couldnt do so lost hints, but i stuck to one game to get hints back that was matching the cards found that easy.

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Nov 8, 09 10:01 AM
1Seashell7 wrote:scarlet_11dy6

Sorry I hit the button before I was done. To get the item to clear the foliage you need to complete the ring /stick game.

This is one of the problems I have with some of the Big Fish Games. I'm completely stuck at that level because, although I supposedly completed all the previous levels, now that I'm at the ring/stick game, I find that I'm missing one of the sticks, and only have two of the rings. When I hit the back button, it takes me back to the beginning of the whole game.

So, short of replaying the whole game to this level, I'm dead in the water. Not a great user experience, but then I'm a curmudgeonly old fuddy-duddy :-/

bfavs
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bfavs on Nov 8, 09 11:45 AM
I played the game all the way through - (got lots of unfinished HOGs)
didn't play other 'Lost Realms' so cannot compare.

Loved the music - music is very important to me in a game and this provided just enough atmospheric background and variety - if you turned off because you think repetitive I suggest turning back on later in the game to see if its more to your liking

Loved the magnifying glass - could sit back and play rather than putting on strong reading glasses and sitting close to screen. The graphic detail was good on my 20in screen even with magnifying glass.

Loved the story - I'm a push over for anything with ancient civilization themes - esp mideast.

As a game, a good basic HOG, puzzles are mostly standard, but they did it right, kept it enjoyable and playable.

PS I did have a problem once with getting an inventory item - I asked for a clue but the clue just pointed me to an area where I needed to use the item which I had not found yet instead of pointing me to an area with the un-found item (it was on the same screen). So that was stalemate for me until I found the item on my own. (ishtar gates, lightning bolt)

Edited on 11/08/2009 at 12:06:23 PM PST

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Nov 8, 09 12:51 PM
I just finished the demo. Everyone is spot on - a good clean game - nice graphics and good variety of mini-games.

I like getting to choose where I go. If I can't find something I can go to another room and look for those items, then return. Usually I have no problem on second look.

I also like the briefness of the story insets. Coherent story so far with a straightforward narrative.

I used some hints just to see what the "earn a hint" was about. Simple, entertaining games. VERY easy to earn hints. You could play the whole game on hints if you wanted to.

But, despite good production qualities, it is not a tremendously exciting game. It is fine and a good diversion on a rainy afternoon but not especially memorable. I'll buy it if the walk through indicates it is around 3 hours of play, otherwise, probably not.

.5/

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Nov 8, 09 1:51 PM
poppy85 wrote:Hated it!! Too many clues about breaking or cutting without asking for them. Sorry, but 2 and a half hours (including the trial) is just not worth it for me. I didn't need the magnifying glass at all.

Soz, maybe I'm just in a bad mood! There have been some really great games on the site recently, but this ain't one of them.

I'm with you...and maybe I'm in a bad mood too because I would have normally liked this type game. Moved slow on my computer and was really unhappy with the minigames and the way the hint system was.Thought in the beginning it was going to be OK, but got really bored as I played along.

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Nov 8, 09 5:33 PM
Could have been a good game but it is absolutely no challenge. There is a timed mode but I have never even gotten close to running out of time. The other problems are the hint system. It is so easy to get new hints that there is no incentive to save them. And don't even think about getting stuck in an area! This games tells you exactly what you should do! Such as "my pocket knife should be able to cut through this!" Duh!!!!

[Post New]by needlesandpins6 on Nov 8, 09 6:56 PM
1963jennag wrote:I am liking tis game so far. But.....I cant figure out how to break the mask to get the mirror piece. Any ideas

you have to go to another place and get the hammer then go back and use it on the mirroe

sammygram
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by sammygram on Nov 8, 09 9:21 PM
thistle809 wrote:
destiny1806 wrote:Im stuck in the same place. Cant break the mask to get to the mirror piece.
Otherwise its really enjoyable.

You should have the baseball bat in your tools, by now. Use it on the mask. (Check the blog walkthrough.)
dont have the baseball bat and cant see hwere ti find it and free trial over and i dont want to purchase if im stuck alresdy

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Nov 8, 09 10:32 PM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
7 Bamboo sticks out of 10
I am liking but not loving this game. I like the music and graphics a lot. It makes for a nice atmosphere. The story really lacks. I just don't care about any of the characters and wish I did. I think if there was voice instead of text, I would be more into it.
Apart from that, it is one of the better IHOGS I have played in a month or so.
I would definitely give it a chance but don't expect to feel as involved as the creators wanted you to.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 9, 09 12:09 AM
although I supposedly completed all the previous levels, now that I'm at the ring/stick game, I find that I'm missing one of the sticks, and only have two of the rings. When I hit the back button, it takes me back to the beginning of the whole game.

I was missing one of the rings at that pt (had all the sticks) so I feel your pain

Deeisme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Deeisme on Nov 10, 09 4:19 AM
I have played, both, Lost Realms demos and I like them, both. I love the mini games and I love the way you can get new hints by playing other mini games. I, always, turn off all music on all my games and turn on my own Rock. or ect. Yes, I will buy, both, of these games, even if they are 2 to 3 hour games, cause I need more games, since 300 games is not enough. Since I have a bad memory, I love to finish a game and then return a few months later and play it again....Gee, it's like a brand new game, all over again! LOL! LOL! LOL!

[Post New]by kayteejay46 on Nov 10, 09 5:40 PM
If yu click in left hand upper corner you have tools, The baseball bat breaks the mask

[Post New]by kayteejay46 on Nov 10, 09 5:42 PM
I am quite a way through but cannot get a bridge to cross onto the ship. The inventory has lots of stuff in it, but nothing works. any ideas?

Go to: