The Dracula Files

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:The Dracula Files

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Nov 8, 09 3:03 AM
Yet another who didn't make it through the demo. Didn't like it at all.
Patience is a virtue and I will always check daily in the hope of another goodie.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Nov 8, 09 3:16 AM
well...i made it through the trial, i thought as its free for an hour i might as well play it...its ok, very dark, i could not see one spider even though it gave me the hint, also you cannot skip the dialogue, which annoys me, will not be buying this, but i would not mind playing for another hour!! x x

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Nov 8, 09 3:32 AM
Im wiping it off too, the pointer was floating about all over the place,tried re booting the computer but it still happened. Only got to the second room and then i had had enough.

Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Nov 8, 09 4:47 AM
To:NIYA00 On The Calculator Add Any Number That Equals 8 (2+6) Press The Equal Sign when The 8 Appears In The Window Then You Have Your 8 Any Help?

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Nov 8, 09 5:04 AM
a very amateurish game. Why do some developers mix cartoon characters with regular looking hidden segments? Make it one or the other but not both. The story line is as old as the hills. The only part of the game that was a bit worthwhile was needing to use some items to find others. I don't know how many chapters there are, I got thru 18 of them. demo ended while I was collecting wolfsbane.

I always do the demo in full ( hey, a free hour of gaming speaks for itself ) unless the game is just a total dud ( like Route 66 was ) So, do the demo and then forget about this game. Poppa grade: D

hogfan
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hogfan on Nov 8, 09 5:34 AM
Boring and locked my computer. Hate that you can't skip dialogue.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 8, 09 5:39 AM
Guess I am a true addict...I played the demo from somewhere else and thanks to BF and all their hogs lately hadn't felt the need to pay 20 bucks for this one, but I saw it here when I got off work this morning and it is downloading now. It may not rank with the best, but it surely doesn't rank with the worst. I will enjoy finishing it sometime this week.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Nov 8, 09 6:00 AM
I agree with whoever said bring Campfire Legends to BFG!! The hour demo was great! Please BF!!!!!

Edited on 11/08/2009 at 6:00:56 AM PST

[Post New]by SandeeBeach on Nov 8, 09 6:02 AM
I did the demo on another sight.
Didn't care for it then and don't care for it now.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 8, 09 6:56 AM
I HAD TO GET UP AT 4 THIS MORNING TO TAKE OUT MY DOG , AFTER I GOT BACK I THOUGHT WELL...SINCE I'M UP ...LETS SEE WHAT BF HAS TO OFFER TODAY......WELL IF THIS WAS'NT THE SECOND CLUE THAT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A REALLY BAD DAY...I THOUGHT BF WAS BETTER THEN THAT !!! WHAT A REASON TO GO BACK TO BED !!! I HOPE THIS COMING WEEK IS BETTER THEN THE LAST ONE...WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS BETTER GAMES....COME ON !!! ITS TIME !

1LIR
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by 1LIR on Nov 8, 09 7:40 AM
Didn't care for it. Deleted after about 30 mins of playing. Couldn't stand having to keep clicking for the story to end and that took forever. Some of the objects were just too dang small. Made my eyes hurt and gave me a headache. Don't expect things to be large but really - finding something know bigger than a pin head isn't for me.

[Post New]by carolprint1 on Nov 8, 09 7:49 AM
i kind of like this game. yes you cant skip the dialog but once its done typing you can quickly click to get thru them. as most of them seem to be short. i do like to read/listen to the story lines in most games. but usually not in the demo hr. if i purchase games i will start the game over just to read/listen to it.
and if you TURN OFF the special effects & change the cursor....the game plays well @ least on my old laptop it does.
the items seem to be fairly well hidden and some are small....yes i have to wear my readers to see them & i still have problems finding them but thats the point.of HOGS. i like searching for them....the longer it takes me the more i get my $$$$ worth.
im still on the fence with this one as im waiting on friends to try it. from the walkthrough it seems to be a fairly long game.
i just wish MCF would hurry up & come out...we have been spoiled with these games and they are REALLY BIG SHOES TO FILL!

jampony
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jampony on Nov 8, 09 8:37 AM
I was looking forward to this game, but I lasted a whopping three minutes before quitting because the spinning magic eye/hint thingy made me feel seasick.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Nov 8, 09 9:31 AM
I had trouble with the pointer too so will be deleting it without playing the full demo....

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 8, 09 10:00 AM
Someone needs to drive a stake into this game!

Poodlebear, I've been meaning to tell you how much I enjoy your reviews and how spot on you are. I had started d/loading when I saw your review, and your comment about the cartoonish characters really caught my eye.

I had already wondered why the main avatar looked like a Viking warrior. That was only the start. When the game opens, and they refer back to the Van Helsing history (1800's) the 3 characters, including Mina, are dressed current style!

The cartoon style is very amateurish. And it's disconcerting to have hokey dialogue with the characters popping up higher than the other if that character is speaking. Plus, after going through the dialogue, then they recap before you start the next segment: wow, they're going to search for someone. REALLY? !

The artwork is horrible, almost sick-making. Sometimes round things, like the 8 ball, appear squashed when "looking down" on it. The sense of perspective for items farther away, like across the room, is non-existent.The graphics are grainy.

Sadly, if you last long enough--I used hints to race as far as I could and got to the V.H estate in London--you suddenly see the seed of what could have been a good story line. The best graphics that I saw were in the dungeon scene, and they were a welcome relief at that point.

If I hadn't been curious and wanting to give it a chance, I would have bailed in the first 15 minutes, screaming "save me from this game!"

It desperately needed more work before going to market, especially in this market where there are really knowledgeable players. And discerning ones!

Ditch the 1950's style "spooky" music, too. More irritation than ambience.

Recommendation: salvage the good parts of the story line--which didn't even show up until later on--and try again, developers. Great graphics, a good storyline, good music, and reasonable dialogue are the basics required for a hit game.

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Nov 8, 09 12:52 PM
To sum up The Dracula Files in one word

C R * P

spunkypunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by spunkypunk on Nov 8, 09 1:57 PM
This game is horrible, in my humble opinion

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 8, 09 2:45 PM
I'm not sure I'll even download the trial after all the negative reviews I read. I did read a couple of reviews that mentioned Campfire legends: The Hookman. Now, that is a great game and it really does scare you with a few unexpected scenes. It is a really well done game and not too short, in my opinion. I found it at a different website as I was told BF wouldn't be getting it. I bought the game for the same price as BF charges so if BF isn't getting it, and anyone is interested, send me a private message and I'll let you know where I got it. I think I'm allowed to do that, right?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 8, 09 8:55 PM
The thing about Campfire Legends is that parts of it just didn't make a whole lot of sense...those of you who have played it know what I am talking about...what was up with Patrick? Some sort of explanation would have been better. Yes there are a couple of super scary moments...my poor baby girl (she may be 31 but will always be my baby girl ...she banged the heck out of her knee when the cat...uh oh. Don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but you know which scene I am talking about. Bless her heart, I forgot about it or I would have given her some warning...maybe, lol.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Nov 9, 09 3:13 PM
This was the worst of the worst! Lousy graphics, minute indistinguishable items, outdated functions and boring boring boring! I persevered for 30 minutes hoping it would get better...couldn't take the torture any longer!

Edited on 11/09/2009 at 3:14:18 PM PST

Go to: