kitten61758
Stingray
Stingray
5,603 Posts

Re:Gardenscapes comments and reviews

[Post New]by kitten61758 on Nov 10, 09 10:31 AM
I just played the demo and loved it. It did surprise me when it ended. I had bought the lion statues. There is a cat in one of the scenes as an object to sell. But you still hear the cat. Will definitely buy. My only problem is that on full screen I had about an inch of black on each side. Right and left. Is that normal? It didn't bother me, just wondered.
I give it and

MollyMeow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MollyMeow on Nov 10, 09 12:41 PM
OLDBAY wrote:OK....I LIED.....I BOUGHT IT...BUT I DID;NT WANT TO . THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT .REALLY NEEDED MY FIX..AND THERE IS NOTHING ELSE AROUND..I NO I WILL REGRET THIS....BIG TIME...WHAT CAN I SAY IAM A ADDICT ...SEE YA WED..SAME TIME & PLACE...

HAHAHA!!!!! You made me laugh so hard...thanks!

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Nov 10, 09 1:01 PM
Though I'm not THAT addicted to HOGs, I played the demo of this game (the whole hour lol); first time in my life in "relaxed mode" as I'm a bit ill at this moment
And I really felt relaxed; this game is so very charming, the music is very descent in the background, you have to decorate (and can re-decorate) your garden with the benefits of your sells, there are 3 different types of hints which must be found (and can be found) ...
And there is always a story behind the story which makes it more interesting.

Haven't yet bought it ... but perhaps I will

@ kitten: on my wide screen I had also this inch of black

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 10, 09 1:20 PM
Also cannot add much to previous comments, other than I have problems shutting the game down. It hangs up when my firewall tells me that the game wants to change my screen saver, which I deny.

It's a cute game, but I guess I won't get all the objects since some sales already went down to 15 Dollars. Will buy in the future if I need more games for a promo.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Nov 10, 09 1:28 PM
LOVE this game. I hope developers pay attention to the comments in the pond because we need HOG game w/variety like this one. I love finding other things besides the straight lists. I like HOG and adventure games, not TM so this works for me. NIce variety and interaction in this one.

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 1:29:52 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 10, 09 2:17 PM
This is a really likeable game-cheery and colorful. Overall, I like the game but I guess I've been spoiled with the IHOG games. It's kind of fun purchasing items for your garden place and selecting the design but I still prefer games with more interaction. I would be nice if we could hear the butler talk. I was sort of expecting to hear an English accent. I haven't completely ruled this one out, though.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Nov 10, 09 3:08 PM
I too am loving this game -- a nice bright HOG -- enough of those dark and dreary ones that need a magnifier and a flagh light to search around for items. This one is cute and perky and fun. The items are fun to find and the hint system is also a lot of fun -- you get different items that help you find items -- thermometer, camera, etc. It's also fun to interact with the butler and the dog is sooo cute and getting to name him/her is extra fun. I bought this game before the demo ended. I'm not sure about replay value but it's a heck of a lot of fun for $6.99. Two thumbs up I'm one happy gamer

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 10, 09 3:26 PM
I have also enjoyed playing this game. When I first started the demo I figured "another h o-hum" game ... but quickly changed my mind. So I bought it and have played 2+ hours this afternoon ... with lots yet to do in my garden!!

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 3:26:35 PM PST

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Nov 10, 09 4:23 PM
I picked this game up today as "Tomorrow's Game Today" on Big Fish, and I'm having a ball with it. I generally start HOGs in relaxed mode (especially in the morning!) and I've continued that way. I've got two questions: 1) Other folks have mentioned a cat which I haven't seen — do you have to be playing in timed mode for that? and 2) I've collected the 20 pearls (no reason given, butler just said I could) and wonder why I did that. Maybe again you've got to be playing in timed mode? I guess I'll answer my own question by replaying in timed mode as soon as I'm done with the relaxed version. Lovely game, with lots of hints available (I haven't been needing them much, except for once in a while there's a VERY sneaky hiding place!). I'd recommend it for all ages and all skill levels.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Nov 10, 09 4:57 PM
Great HOG+. Unfortunately for me, I have graphic problems with it. Would buy if I only could get it to run.

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Nov 10, 09 5:32 PM
I have been looking for a new game that was a bit different than normal hidden object games and this is it! I love it! I played the whole hour of the demo and was so bummed when the time ran out on me. I was decorating up a storm! This was my first purchase for November.....I already cashed in my bonus game from Octoberfest the first day...but to me this game is well worth the price. I can see how you can play for hours and hours because if you are like me you are always changing things from one way to another. Thanks Big FIsh for bringing me a game I can really enjoy!

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Nov 10, 09 5:39 PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

What a super, great, fun **** game !!! This makes the last few terrible, dark & tiny ****'s look even worse ! Hope other game developers take a hint and get with bright and colorful games that you don't have to put your nose to the monitor screen in order to see things.

Couldn't wait to close out and buy it so I could continue playing with no interruptions.

My dog "Jazzy" is just so adorable - he chases his tail, scratches, gets his bone, plays "fetch" and I'm sure other things I haven't seen yet.

The whole concept is super-awesome. Can't find even a tiny thing wrong with it.

kitten61758
Stingray
Stingray
5,603 Posts

[Post New]by kitten61758 on Nov 10, 09 5:44 PM
Toffifee wrote:Though I'm not THAT addicted to HOGs, I played the demo of this game (the whole hour lol); first time in my life in "relaxed mode" as I'm a bit ill at this moment
And I really felt relaxed; this game is so very charming, the music is very descent in the background, you have to decorate (and can re-decorate) your garden with the benefits of your sells, there are 3 different types of hints which must be found (and can be found) ...
And there is always a story behind the story which makes it more interesting.

Haven't yet bought it ... but perhaps I will

@ kitten: on my wide screen I had also this inch of black
Thanks. That's what I figured.Still going to buy. Absolutely love it.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 10, 09 5:53 PM
WOW! What a cute and fun game. Great graphics, music that is upbeat and not annoying, cute characters, positive story line, cool garden designs. Great variety with the camera and thermometer hint tools.

I think it also has good replay value. The hidden items to find and sell appear in a slightly different order and a few of the items are different in each scene on subsequent plays. I have played as two players and created two different gardens in relaxed mode. Next I'll try out the timed mode.

This is tons of FUN!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 10, 09 5:57 PM
Have to agree with everyone else's comments. This is a delightful, fun game. Thanks for all your posts, too! If I hadn't seen them I might have been hesitant to even try the game. Glad I did. I love it!

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Nov 10, 09 6:14 PM
Wasn't even going to demo the game as I first thought it was a TM. Glad I read the comments and reviews so I gave it a try.
The demo time went by so fast that I ended up buying. Really fun game and relaxing.
Playing untimed now but the second time I'll have to tried timed.

Thanks to all you posted comments about this game.

redbaron
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by redbaron on Nov 10, 09 6:34 PM
Love the game, what I could play of it. Loaded extremely slow, kept freezing, finally completely froze and had to quit. Anyone else have this problem?

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 10, 09 7:49 PM
Thanks for all the great reviews. Downloaded the demo, that hour went really fast and then bought it. What a fun game! Loved the butler and the dog. I named my dog Sparky. I also loved the extra coins, question marks, the camera and the thermometer help. This one is a must buy!

Saturnmiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Saturnmiss on Nov 10, 09 8:24 PM
I don't post here very often, but this game desires one. This is a great game that is lots of fun and cute. It is by the came people who did Fishdom-H20. Also fun. I like the interactive parts on the screen and playing with the dog, swan, and working with the butler is neat. I would highly recommend this game.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 10, 09 8:40 PM
mgpaquin wrote:I picked this game up today as "Tomorrow's Game Today" on Big Fish, and I'm having a ball with it. I generally start HOGs in relaxed mode (especially in the morning!) and I've continued that way. I've got two questions: 1) Other folks have mentioned a cat which I haven't seen — do you have to be playing in timed mode for that? and 2) I've collected the 20 pearls (no reason given, butler just said I could) and wonder why I did that. Maybe again you've got to be playing in timed mode? I guess I'll answer my own question by replaying in timed mode as soon as I'm done with the relaxed version. Lovely game, with lots of hints available (I haven't been needing them much, except for once in a while there's a VERY sneaky hiding place!). I'd recommend it for all ages and all skill levels.

The reason for the pearls was explained in one of the letters. Somebody had visited the house and her necklace broke and she wanted the pearls from it.

The cat isn't in the garden. It's one of the items you can collect in at least one of the rooms. In that room, you hear the meow every once in a while even after you have collected the cat.

Go to: