Re:Anyone finished the game? Replay value?

[Post New]by XxFirexBirdxX on Mar 11, 10 12:19 PM
I just looked on here because i too was confused with Austin keep saying there was another list so a bit dissapointed that that is it .
But.. LOVED the game - super cute and very good graphics
xx

[Post New]by lookkool2 on Apr 5, 10 1:38 AM
Great game, does not take long to finish garden also winning the garden contest and I played it to the end, if you enjoy games at your pace this is the game for you...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 5, 10 8:59 PM
I bought the game and it is very cute and pleasant.

By the time I was pretty sure Austin was lying about there being more things to upgrade, I was pretty sick of the same dozen or so rooms. Items do move around some when you replay rooms, and different items are requested - just was really hoping for some outbuildings or something for a change of scenery after awhile. Carriage house, guest house, tool shed, greenhouse, or something...

It's worth what Big Fish charges for it, but not more than that, IMO.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jul 22, 10 1:57 PM
I loved it and bought it. It's very relaxing and I love the tiny clever little touches they threw in, they change around a bit and so you don't notice them all on one play through. The first time through I was totally hooked and ignored other things to get through it. It's a game I play to de-stress now, I can play for a short time and then go back to doing what ever it is I needed to relax from in the first place. Sure it would be nice to have more...I hope they make another one. But I don't mind so much searching the same locations because the items change and I keep noticing new things. If you liked fast paced games, it's not for you. Probably gardening isn't for you either. If you like mellow to return to, then you will probably like to return to this over and over. It's in my top list and actually the one I replay the most.

[Post New]by tigiris on Jan 10, 11 9:19 PM
Love the game, thinking bout starting another profile. Fun to play, just the incomplete ending is the only let down.
It be good if after you've won the garden contest & those mysterious reporters never showing up or that list, that when you sell stuff in the house, it declutters it & stays like that, instead of restocking. I'd like that as a ending. The inside being as beautiful as the garden.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 10, 11 9:56 PM
I don;t recall the game being over after the contest. I kept upgrading my garden, all the features had 3 options. Maybe because I spent less the first go, then kept upgrading furniture, fountain, ponds several times, played for days, later went back to it and kept going because I had so much money.

For those wishing for a sequel with produce etc to grow and sell, the new one is out now at the dev's site, a CE I think. Hasn't come to BF yet but hope soon, it's been released weeks ago. It is Farmscapes. It has more than just HOGS but also M3s to get produce to sell, and a variety of other types of minis, puzzles. So you won't get tired of more HOGs but some may be disappointed there are the other types if you like just straight HOGs and building, decorating. It is creating a productive farm and selling and getting rave reviews on other review sites. I'm waiting.....but maybe can't wait much longer...but would like the punches of course.

gum_nut
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by gum_nut on Jan 24, 11 6:57 AM
Just won the garden contest,a bit disappointed with the ending . I got more money and thought I would be able to buy additional items such as fish for the pond flowers etc or maybe do stuff inside the house. It did have an ending(sort of) fireworks when you won the contest but then you could still earn more money ,whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ?????
Good game though .

Go to: