Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Catsie21 on Dec 26, 15 9:04 PM
I am running windows 8.1 I was on the puzzle where you had to stack the puzzle pieces in the right slots I accidentally exited the puzzle and everything is frozen except the menu. I exited and restarted the game still frozen in the same place can't leave please fix.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by possumpuss on Dec 26, 15 9:31 PM
I am having the same problem with the game freezing where you drop the tiles into the proper places. What happened? The game was working fine up until then. I am running Windows 7.

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Dec 27, 15 9:15 AM
Like most, I'm stuck after returning to academy after placing skeleton hand. With escape , I can access all other areas of game except to continue play.

My pc is running Windows 8.1.

Game was running flawless until this point. So much for the sale today. Won't buy a game that isn't working.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 27, 15 10:38 AM
I don't no if this is an actual problem, but it's annoying with the transition from one thing to another, you get the word 'loading' each time.
I'm sorry if it's not an actual problem, as it looks like other members are having major problems with this game I use Window's 8.1 64bit

mainegamer
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mainegamer on Dec 27, 15 11:52 AM

Add my name to the growing list of those reporting the game frozen after placing the skeleton hand. My operating system is also Windows 8.1. I guess I'll try starting over with a different profile. I saw a post on the regular thread they had success by using the map instead of going through the mirror. Worth a try.

cuba66
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cuba66 on Dec 27, 15 3:15 PM
I just install the game and not able to start it does not move from the first screen , I unistalled and reinstall but still don't work, I'm running it on windows 10.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jtrigg on Dec 27, 15 5:11 PM
Game froze whilst dropping the coloured slides in the palace . I deleted and reloaded the game, froze at same spot . It looks like I am not the only person with this problem

W10 64 I7 processor

Edited on 12/27/2015 at 5:13:31 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 28, 15 5:35 AM
The game was working fine (and I was glad because I couldn't even demo the previous episode!) until I came to the Between Worlds. Now I'm getting those stupid black screen lags between all scenes that last for what seems forever, but is actually only 10 or 15 seconds. However, I don't expect these days, to have this happen when I'm playing a game.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Happy1030 on Dec 28, 15 12:14 PM
jtrigg wrote:Game froze whilst dropping the coloured slides in the palace . I deleted and reloaded the game, froze at same spot . It looks like I am not the only person with this problem

W10 64 I7 processor

My game also froze at this point and I tried the uninstall and reinstall trick and it didn't work. Hopefully the game is fixed but if not i need a refund. I am playing on a Mac.

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by doorgirl on Dec 28, 15 12:18 PM
suzmcmike wrote:Running on Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.2.

Game opens, but appears to be minimized. When I click on icon, it just flashes on the screen and goes back to minimized. The only way to close it is to right click on it and select quit.

I have same config as above quoted.

WORKAROUND: Close the Game Manager. Go to Launchpad icon (rocket ship), right next to blue Mac Finder icon.(At far left of application tray if along bottom of screen or top one if you keep that bar vertical.) Click on Launchpad and find the game icon WL7 CE. you'll recognize the image. Open the game from there.

This happens all the time with Elefun Games. Something in their code conflicts with something in Game Manager code.

I have more success and less grief starting from Launchpad.

Edited on 12/28/2015 at 12:19:36 PM PST

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Dec 28, 15 4:14 PM
I deleted the game - again - and re installed and restarted the game.
got through to working the die Photo and it briefly flicked "loading" and the game froze

Edited on 12/28/2015 at 4:15:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Teddybear1249 on Dec 28, 15 6:46 PM
I am having the same problem with the screen freezing as I dropped the colored tiles. Has any one found a solution to this problem? Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help. Since all of us are having this problem, it must be something in the game. I have never had this happen before. Hope someone can help us so we can finish this game.

[Post New]by berniecooks on Dec 28, 15 10:31 PM
I am also having the same issues with it freezing in the same spot. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it is still frozen. I am playing on a Dell windows 7

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by lcmoody on Dec 29, 15 3:44 AM
Catsie21 wrote:I am running windows 8.1 I was on the puzzle where you had to stack the puzzle pieces in the right slots I accidentally exited the puzzle and everything is frozen except the menu. I exited and restarted the game still frozen in the same place can't leave please fix.

Same exact issue running windows 10 pro (current Build). Love the game but hate that is craps out near the end. Don't like the idea of having to start over with the possibility that the game will muck up at the same spot. Hopefully a patch will fix this but I rarely seen patches that will fix a game in progress. Usually have to restart the game from the beginning after the patched game is available.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 29, 15 9:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people are experiencing different issues in this game. We definitely encourage taking a look at our help articles if there is a technical issue in a game. I suggest trying the steps in the help article below, as they can provide solutions to a variety of situations:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issues are still occurring, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and have the tools necessary to gather data and report on problems like these.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 29, 15 10:58 AM
And if the lags were not enough...the Fatal Errors have begun.

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cindybuns on Dec 29, 15 11:48 AM
With so many people having problems, and on different operating systems, it is not a problem your Help articles can fix!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS A PROBLEM WITH THE GAME ITSELF!!!!!

The developers should be contacted and together you need to arrange a fix for this game.

I have all the other games in this series and have had no problem with them.

ps

I've contacted the tech dept. and received a reply that because of the holiday they are backed up on resolving these issues; I suggest that everyone who is having a problem with this game contact BF include a Dr. Fish report and send it to them. Maybe with the volume of problems showing up they will do something about it.

Swlamb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Swlamb on Dec 29, 15 2:23 PM
Window 8.1 PC same as everyone else I love this Witches' Legacy games but can't play. Please fix.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 30, 15 11:42 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread. I'm sorry that players are experiencing issues with this game. Since we don't have the tools to troubleshoot from the forums, the Help pages contain a lot of great information. For the crashing issues, please refer to the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you find that the Help pages aren't specific to the issue you are experiencing, or further troubleshooting is needed, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They have the tools to not only further troubleshoot, but to keep track of and report the issues to the appropriate team.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

pslayton2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pslayton2 on Dec 30, 15 12:03 PM
Running windows 8.1. It ran fine until near the end of the bonus chapter. I had used the matching option to finish the HO scene where you have to place the blue gems in the peacock's tail. I had found all the items but the door did not drop down to reveal the jewel. The hint button would not work either. Tried reinstalling to no avail. Very frustrating to put so much time (and money) into a game not be able to finish.

Go to: