Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

Re:Welcome to Murder, She Wrote forum

[Post New]by Solgud on Nov 15, 09 3:38 PM
I downloaded the trial version and decided to buy it. It took me do a downloading screen but every time I try to download there is an error. The info says the game manager is "unable to write to drive C" and that I should try to close and reload it. I´ve done that and the game still won´t download... Do I have to uninstall and reinstall? Will that make me lose my progress?

sherheff
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

how do you unblock the sink

[Post New]by sherheff on Nov 15, 09 6:34 PM
colette222 wrote:i have put the plunger together but it wont let me unblock the sink. is there a specific spot to plunge

I am having the same problem! I came looking for a solution. Very frustrating to have a problem this early in the game. Initially, I had trouble getting the plunger together, too. Is this a GAME problem, or a PLAYER problem?

Edited on 11/15/2009 at 6:35:12 PM PST

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Nov 16, 09 5:36 AM
I have been playing this game for a few days now and I really like it. I have Vista and have not had any problems so far...(keeping my fingers crossed!!). I do not know about the audio issues since I always play my games without sound. The graphics are clear and clean and the stories so far are interesting...good job BFG!!

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Nov 16, 09 5:39 AM
Solgud, In my experience, I have not lost my progress upon uninstalling a game then reinstalling it...hope it works that way for you too!

Edited on 11/16/2009 at 2:50:28 PM PST

meridi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by meridi on Nov 16, 09 6:32 AM
I need help getting past the Jewelry..I've completed the sorting but now hanging out at bar.....what do I do next?

thekisally
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by thekisally on Nov 16, 09 6:51 AM
Played the trial and liked it so downloaded it. Finished book 1 and all worked well. The plunger worked after I read somewhere about moving the mouse up and down while holding the plunger in the sink. The jewelry did take some time but finally got it.

My screen minimizes every once in a while, but that has happened with other games so I think its not the games(anybody know why?).

I wasn't a fan of the show, I think I was busy during that time..not much tv watching so I thought the dialog etc was great.

Loved the fact that the items fit in the scenes and thought the puzzles were easy enough to be fun too.

Hopefully they will make a bunch of sequels.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 16, 09 8:13 AM
> My screen minimizes every once in a while, but that has happened with other games so I think its not the games(anybody know why?).

Usually that's something automatic like an anti-virus upgrade taking over your pc.

Edited on 11/16/2009 at 8:13:54 AM PST

LisaP49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by LisaP49 on Nov 16, 09 11:41 AM
It took awhile but moving the plunger up and down all over the sink finally worked.Someone said put it at bottom part of sink but that didn't work so I just kept moving it up and down for maybe two minutes and the sink drained. The jewelry I ended up skipping because there was not a round ruby and finally got frustrated. Hope everyone else is doing okay! I love this game even with a few problems.Great game BFG and hope there are sequels.I loved this show also.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 16, 09 11:46 AM
I think gentlsong has cracked it. Whatever you're carrying, it's the cursor tip (of the arrow) that the game recognises on the hotspot.

[Post New]by tanchy on Nov 16, 09 1:15 PM
Hi!
I loved playing the demo version of the game and had no problems playing it so I've bought it.After downloading it it just doesn't open,it constantly reports" Cannot find import;DLL may be missing...error 126" The same happened with Nancy Drew Resorting to Danger.Does anyone has the same problem?

[Post New]by jen1951 on Nov 16, 09 10:05 PM
in deadly catch, Cant move pass glass shards?? hint button wont work, cant skip, can anybody help??? jen

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 17, 09 2:38 AM
jen, you've got the "game locks up at end of scene" glitch. Would you let BFG know? You're also going to have to start the "book" again to get past this, I'm afraid.

[Post New]by jdukovic on Nov 17, 09 4:34 PM
I am on delgado's garage in "a garden to die for" i found all of the shoe prints and solved the mimi game but it keeps telling me i have 1 more shoeprint to find. i hit the hint button, but nothing happens. can anyone help?

Edited on 11/17/2009 at 4:35:32 PM PST

[Post New]by cijunkins on Nov 17, 09 5:05 PM
I have downloaded the game and it is great. I am now on the third book and I can not get past the last foot print. Every time I find all the foot prints. I have to compare the foot prints and when I am through, it goes back to the picture and I have one print to find and I hit and I go back to comparing the foot prints again. I have done this five times and it will not go beyond this. Can someone tell what to do??????

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 18, 09 8:38 AM
I had this problem with the footprints too, and restarted the game - luckily it's near the beginning. The second time I left the footprint on the back of the truck until last and it seemed to work all right.

city1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by city1 on Nov 19, 09 11:40 AM
nbarber11 wrote:I couldn't solve the jewelry in the first book. I skip but now I can't go f

orward. The hint button won't work either. How do I go forward?

city1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by city1 on Nov 19, 09 11:47 AM
i have solved the jewels in book 1 my game is stuck can anyone help me go forward

city1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by city1 on Nov 19, 09 11:51 AM
i have solved the jewels in book 1 my game is stuck can anyone help me go forward

[Post New]by kynziesnana on Nov 19, 09 1:20 PM
I am on Book 3, and cannot get the hammer to smash the
birdhouse. Has anyone else had this problem?
Everything else has been working fine so far. This
is so frustrating.

hutton98
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by hutton98 on Nov 19, 09 2:32 PM
please can someone tell me where the glass shards are in book one, the hint button has frozen at this point. many thanks. sylvia

Go to: