Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Murder, She Wrote comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 13, 09 8:08 AM
Thanks for this wonderful new game! I totally love it! The graphic is good, story is nice and the serie is one of my favourite. I will buy it!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 13, 09 8:11 AM
YES ,YES ,YES, VERY SURPRISED ...I TOO HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MONTHS FOR THIS ONE . I DON'T CARE FOR THE SHOW , EVEN THOUGH THE SAME PLACES SHOW UP OVER & OVER AGAIN , THEY CHANGE IT ENOUGH TO KEEP YOUR ON YOUR TOES.....AND VERY EASY ON THE EYES , WHICH IS A DOUBLE PL US FOR ME..LOOKS LONG ENOUGH TO KEEP ALOT OF FISHES BITING TODAY.

[Post New]by SoBelle on Nov 13, 09 8:13 AM
I found this to be a wonderful game with hours of fun and entertainment. Well done BF...thank you!

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Nov 13, 09 8:24 AM
What I love about this is that it's mostly a straight up HOG. Those tend to bore me now after games like Return to Ravenhearst. But somehow the designers found a way to toss in a relatively few but very effective frills. Finding the vowels might get tedious, but I so far (I finished the first book) it hasn't.

The graphics are great, the story interesting, and the tasks fun.

I never watched Murder She Wrote, but don't feel that I'm missing anything.

Buying!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Nov 13, 09 8:40 AM
Played just 15 minutes and off to purchase. One of the best games out so far. I loved the TV show and the dialogue in this game is "so" Jessica. Searching for the A E I O U Y typewriter keys in each scene adds another layer to finding ****. The graphics are also easy on the eyes. Played only one mini-game so far, but looking forward to the challenge of the others. Can't say much more because it's already been said! Great game.

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Nov 13, 09 9:35 AM
Was waiting for your reply OLD BAY. You appear to like the same kind of games I do, your sense of humor is awesome and I am sure all fishes will agree. Am playing the demo now but wanted to recheck the forum and so far I like it. Will get back to you later. Was glad to hear it is not a short game but hope it gets a little more challenging. Have fun all !!!!!! BIG FISH HAS THE BEST/////

Edited on 11/13/2009 at 9:37:07 AM PST

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Nov 13, 09 9:45 AM
The woman doesn't look anything like Angela Lansbury. It goes along with what I said in another thread about the developers making all the women unattractive. Maybe the computer programs just can't create pretty women.

BK3009
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by BK3009 on Nov 13, 09 10:19 AM
Can't think when I downloaded a game without the 1 hour trial but this one I did and I love it. Love to work out the clues before looking for them. The mini games seem quite easy at the mo. This is a game I can play hopefully without having to go to the walkthrough - Hidden Expedition Devils Triangle nearly wore me out.
Hope this is a long game because its cold and its raining.

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Nov 13, 09 10:37 AM
This was just the game for a wet afternoon - colourful and not too difficult. I like the fact tthat the mini games are relevant to the story. I'm not through the first case yet and only 11 minutes left of the trial. I will definitely be buying it. The only question is whether or not I can wait for this month's token!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 13, 09 11:42 AM
> I'm not through the first case yet and only 11 minutes left of the trial.

Kegggie, this is a sample version demo. The download is about 1/3 the size of the whole game, so you may well be able to finish the first case, even if it takes you more than 11 minutes.

ETA I've just seen from another poster that the demo stops at the jewelry.

Edited on 11/14/2009 at 1:37:14 AM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 13, 09 12:38 PM
HEY MAMACAROLE .THANK YOU .THAT WAS VERY NICE ...REALLY DON'T WE JUST WANT EVERYBODY TO BE HAPPY ? YOU ARE TOO KIND !!!

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Nov 13, 09 12:52 PM
Glad to see so many good reviews for this game, I thoroughly enjoyed the demo the hour sped by had to buy immediately. Just wanted to put my two cents in before getting back to it. Nice & easy on the eyes. Woman really sounds like Angela Lansbury, so it probably is. HOG players ENJOY!!! times 5

Edited on 11/13/2009 at 12:53:27 PM PST

Charkbite
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Charkbite on Nov 13, 09 12:57 PM
My Mommy LOVES this show [I love watching it with her & my Daddy when I'm lucky enough to get to Hawaii - whole family lives there, lol], so I definitely HAVE to get the game! AND it looks from the reviews to be really good - DOUBLE PLUS, YAY!

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 13, 09 1:00 PM
This is a really good game! Great graphics augmented by the different expressions of the character's avatars, good storyline. Different things to do as well.

I really enjoyed the task of finding the typewriter keys and hearing the old typewriter at work!

It's nice hearing those familiar voices, just wish Angela Lansbury had been able to voice her character. But the actress does a darned good job.

With five books to go through, this game is really going to give play value for money!

Bravo to the developers! They lived up to the "Murder, She Wrote" standards. I'm definitely buying this one.

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Nov 13, 09 1:08 PM
I jus did a Beta on this game yesterday so I am very surprised to see it out today, but very glad. I loved it yesterday when I played. I think it is well worth the money. I only did the first mystery and that took me over an hour. Cant wait to play the other "books".

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Nov 13, 09 1:19 PM
I got to the very last part of the first chapter, right after sorting the jewelery. I thought there was a problem with the game, there was one piece outstanding even though I had already sorted it out in the mini game. I tried to restart it but clicked no to 'continue' by mistake. It then started a new game. I realised right away but there was no way out without saving the game!! I closed it through task manager but it still saved it, ARGHHHHHH! I have now lost two hours worth of play. Please release a patch that gives the option to exit without saving, please. I was quite enjoying it before this. At the moment I feel so cheesed off I don't know if I can be bothered playing through all that again.
Be careful.

Nightowl52
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Nightowl52 on Nov 13, 09 1:25 PM
puzzledone wrote:needed some more for NovFest

What is NovFest??? haven't seen anything about it.

[Post New]by SandeeBeach on Nov 13, 09 1:37 PM
I gifted this game to my Mom who is 78 years young. She is going to it!

I demoed it and it has all the bells and whistles that she likes. This game is exceptional in many ways !

runaway63
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by runaway63 on Nov 13, 09 1:37 PM
Okay, you talked me into it----Was never a big fan of MSW but everyone sure appears to enjoy the game. The DD's aren't to my liking this week and I am going through withdrawals not buying any new games. Thanks so much for the info; over to download I go!!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 13, 09 2:03 PM
Well, I guess I'm in the minority here: I liked it, I didn't love it. It just seemed to easy. The graphics were excellent, and for those fishies who have a real issue with dark scenes and tiny objects, this is definitely a good game. Maybe if I hadn't just played Alabama Smith I would have been more impressed. I guess I'm spoiled by IHOGs!

One thing I thought was very funny: everyone in the game comments on the fact that the lobsters have bands on their claws. No one seems to notice that they are also already cooked!

Go to: