Oddest Christmas Gifts

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

Re:Oddest Christmas Gifts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 26, 15 5:10 PM
Datsa.................those two nuts LOVED them...........she is practical........he is OCD clean.

Angwuerth..............ROFL!!

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Dec 26, 15 7:04 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Datsa.................those two nuts LOVED them...........she is practical........he is OCD clean.

Angwuerth..............ROFL!!

sbaker:
That's so Awesome!! The Perfect Christmas Gift No wonder the stores run out of toilet brushes at Christmas time ha ha

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Dec 26, 15 8:21 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Awww......Granny..............that's so sweet.
Thanks

[Post New]by lilredhood on Dec 29, 15 8:50 PM
Last year we were at our daughter's house for Christmas and DH got me a cross with a door knob in the middle of it. I wondered what he was thinking when he picked it out but I have it hanging on the wall and it looks kind of cool. the other thing that he got was a heart shaped sign that says love will keep us together. I have that one hanging over my desk. I think of him whenever I see it and am reminded of him and his feelings for me.

gjm1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by gjm1 on Dec 31, 15 6:27 AM
WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS AROUND 10YRS OLD,AN ELDERLY AUNT GAVE HER A SILVER AND GOLD SMALL PURSE.SHE SAID IT LOOKED LIKE AN OLD LADYS PURSE [NOT SAID IN FRONT OF THE AUNT]. ANY WAYS WE HID THE PURSE FROM HER AND EVERY YEAR WE WOULD GIVE HER '' THE OLD LADY PURSE''. WE WOULD ALL LAUGH AND WAIT FOR HER REACTION .[NO DISRESPECT TO HER AUNT] THIS WENT ON FOR YEARS AND MY DAUGHTER GREW INTO A BEAUTIFUL WOMEN.THEN CAME CHRISTMAS AND THE ''OLD LADY PURSE'' SHE OPENED HER PURSE AS WE WAITED FOR HER REACTION.......SHE LOOKED UP AND SAID YOU KNOW I THINK I CAN USE THIS PURSE,I HAVE A PAIR OF SILVER SHOES.WE WERE SO SHOCKED ,NO ONE COULD THINK OF ANYTHING TO SAY.THE''OLD LADY PURSE'' WENT HOME WITH MY DAUGHTER AND IM SURE HER ELDERLY AUNT WAS SMILING DOWN ON US THINKING....THE JOKES ON YOU!

lba135
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by lba135 on Dec 31, 15 6:52 AM
My DH had to be out of town for Christmas one year, so I sent him with the orders that I better have something exceptional as a gift when he returns. We were poorer than poor, so I never expected anything grand. When he came home, he handed me a bag with a large velvet box. My mind started screaming "Jewelry, he bought me jewelry". (my wedding ring was his G-grandmother's so he never even had to buy me a ring). I slowly opened the box to find a silver goblet covered with Hebrew/Jewish symbols (we are Christian). All I could do was look at him, very confused. He was so excited when he told me it was the Jewish Cup of Blessing. Ok, I'm still confused. "You know, the Cup of Blessing! My cup runneth over!" ......Still confused. "The day you came into my life, my Cup of Blessing was so full that it ran over." Sweetest honey ever!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 31, 15 8:33 AM
This wasn't a Christmas gift --- but a wedding gift --- still an odd one.

My mother-in-law to be and I were together in my bedroom shortly before our backyard wedding. Someone brought in a very large red axe and said it was a wedding gift from my soon-to-be husband. His mother was shocked and said she needed to discuss with her son what would be a good wedding gift.....as I was laughing and replied that it was perfect.

You see, when we were dating, I had told him that I was stepping out on a limb in trust while handing him a saw -- giving him the power to sever the limb and cause my heart great harm........His axe was telling me that he was giving me the power to cut down his entire tree! What a sentiment! ----- And, after 28 years, still a keeper!

Go to: