Is this a new game?

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

Re:Is this a new game?

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Nov 15, 09 5:40 AM
It's a nice game as HOGs go and I have played it to its conclusion by doing a demo at various sites. The problem with this kind of game is the objects to be found NEVER change so ultimately the game gets old. If an owner of this game wants any long lasting satisfaction, he most likely will need to stow it away for a good stretch before letting it resurface. In the one hour demo today, I got thru the Guatemala episode because I remembered where a lot of the stuff was and I haven't seen 2 seconds of this game until months ago.

THis is a decent beginner HOG but not much more than that

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Nov 15, 09 11:22 AM
Yup, deja vu for me too. It's a good game but has no replay value at all.

I haven't played this in months and I knew immediately where objects were and what to do. Takes all the fun out of re-playing a game like this.

That said, it's a good game for someone who hasn't seen it before. Interesting and fun. Just don't expect any surprises the second time around.

Is it just me or is BFG behind a lot of other portals these days? There are so many games out there that BF hasn't offered yet.

The new Bookworm Adventures, for example. Since BF has the original I assumed they would have the newest one but so far, nothing. And it's been months.

Maybe all the other portals are finally catching up to BF! Actually, in some cases, I think they might be surpassing them.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Nov 15, 09 1:23 PM
SublimeOne wrote:Yup, deja vu for me too. It's a good game but has no replay value at all.

I haven't played this in months and I knew immediately where objects were and what to do. Takes all the fun out of re-playing a game like this.

That said, it's a good game for someone who hasn't seen it before. Interesting and fun. Just don't expect any surprises the second time around.

Is it just me or is BFG behind a lot of other portals these days? There are so many games out there that BF hasn't offered yet.

The new Bookworm Adventures, for example. Since BF has the original I assumed they would have the newest one but so far, nothing. And it's been months.

Maybe all the other portals are finally catching up to BF! Actually, in some cases, I think they might be surpassing them.

Nope. We get games from all but two companies (Who compete with BFG on distribution) out of almost 500 developers and about 30% of all releases on BFG are exclusive to BFG. BFG is the largest distributor of games in the world.

Picman

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Nov 15, 09 1:24 PM
This is new to BFG. The other publisher had a 1 year exclusive on this game...it was a great game so it would be a shame not to introduce it to those who have never played it. The sequel is in the works and it will be on BFG first as an exclusive.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Nov 15, 09 1:49 PM
I got to Guatemala in my demo time, but enjoyed it. I liked the concept of finding things to go into a radial dial. Am a bit concerned about the length but it seems like each place is longer so I will probably get it at some point not too terribly distant.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 15, 09 3:06 PM
As many of you already said, this is not a new game. I, too, bought it from another site as BF didn't have it and it's a great game. I loved it! It has both hidden objects and also, objects to interact with.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Nov 15, 09 3:17 PM
Like many other Fishies I played this on another site about 6 months ago and wished then that it would come to BF. This is a lot like the Treasure Seekers series, Visions of Gold and Enchanted Canvases, I bought both of them. Not sure if it is the same studio. I do like this type of game though. I will probably buy this one too

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Nov 15, 09 3:58 PM
picman050967 wrote:Nope. We get games from all but two companies (Who compete with BFG on distribution) out of almost 500 developers and about 30% of all releases on BFG are exclusive to BFG. BFG is the largest distributor of games in the world.

Picman

Does this mean the latest Bookworm Adventures is on the way?

It's been out on other sites for months now and I'm jonesing for a new word game.

yehazekel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by yehazekel on Nov 15, 09 6:17 PM
ive had the game for a while too-i wont mention where i got it out of deference to bfg...i loved it-recently replayed it-it was one of my first experiences with hogs and it is a little beginnerish but the aesthetics are such that it was still fun to replay-but im appreciating bfg more because loading the thing took a while-big fish's "client"
gets in to my games a lot more quickly

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Nov 15, 09 11:56 PM
SublimeOne wrote:
picman050967 wrote:Nope. We get games from all but two companies (Who compete with BFG on distribution) out of almost 500 developers and about 30% of all releases on BFG are exclusive to BFG. BFG is the largest distributor of games in the world.

Picman

It's been out on other sites for months now and I'm jonesing for a new word game.

Hmm... Not sure. While we work well with Popcap, they currently only offer the game at $20 to protect their retail sales. They offered the game to BFG in 1/3 increments to use at normal prices, but we declined as we thought it would be confusing to users who were expecting the full game.

Picman

msblueyes
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by msblueyes on Nov 16, 09 3:03 AM
When I downloaded and played the trial version of this game I know i have played this game before, I thought it was one I had bought on big fish a long time ago. Can anyone else rememr playing this game? If not I guess it must have been some where else,

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Nov 16, 09 2:30 PM
picman050967 wrote:
SublimeOne wrote:Does this mean the latest Bookworm Adventures is on the way?

Hmm... Not sure. While we work well with Popcap, they currently only offer the game at $20 to protect their retail sales. They offered the game to BFG in 1/3 increments to use at normal prices, but we declined as we thought it would be confusing to users who were expecting the full game.

Picman

That makes sense, I guess. Thanks for letting us know.

It seems to me that it was months and months after its release before BF got the last Bookworm game too.

So I wait...... sigh.

Keep trying, please. I love that little worm.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Nov 16, 09 4:04 PM
I too purchased this game from RA when it first came out. It is an awesome game and I cannot wait for the sequel. I love this type of game.

Joy

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 17, 09 3:30 AM
picman050967 wrote:
SublimeOne wrote:

Picman

Picman

I'm really glad about this. I got suckered in at another site, thinking I was buying the whole game and it was just the first chapter. I will wait for when/if gets the whole game at the usual price.

Go to: