Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 29, 15 10:49 AM
WC - what were you going to say???

Cheers

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Dec 29, 15 11:10 AM
mpendo wrote:WC - what were you going to say???

Cheers

My cat Nikita walked across my desk and stepped on my mouse. The cursor was on the post reply button so she sent the message before I could type anything. So it will show up now as an edited message.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 29, 15 11:27 AM
Is there a way to tell what collection item Odin is missing in specific? I mean outside of any empty slot?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 29, 15 11:41 AM
WildCat_1988 wrote:
Let me make myself a little more clear, I've been playing both games since 2013, had every collectible collected before Odin showed up, HAD MY WAREHOUSE IN DINHAMMER ALLY DONE TOO! AS WELL AS ALL THE BUILDINGS AT THE AES MUSEUM SITE!!
I done all Odin has asked me to do but still he says I need to complete all the collectible collections. I've turned in all the Specials when he asked me to and got my rewards showing at my Warehouse at the AES site. So I'd like to know why I'm showing 102/106 when I've done them all!

Ok, this is when a Moderator should pop in and give us a straight answer and not beat around the bush about it.

Yes, I'm ranting!

Collections you finished in 2014 don't count. I'll assume that your warehouse was at level 3 or higher and that you had triggered Odin's quest before 2015 Valentine Day began.

That being the case, the only way you could have not received credit for any of the special collections is if you handed them in, but the wonky connection resulted in the quest for the individual collection disappearing, but the quest where Odin keeps track of the grand total never got updated.

You can wait for answer from the mods, but they won't be able to tell you what happened to your game. Customer Service won't be able to tell you. The techs won't be able to tell you because they cannot access your game. (Been there, got the tee shirt).

The game is no longer being updated. The only people who care about the problems are the people in the forum.

So you are stuck with us when you need answers. Since that doesn't appear to be good enough, I'll ignore any further problems you have and let you wait for a mod.

And yes, I'm also ranting.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 29, 15 12:20 PM
I've turned in all the Specials when he asked me to and got my rewards showing at my Warehouse at the AES site.

Here's what happened to me.. maybe you'll find later that the same has happened to you as well..

I too turned in all my collectibles. And during V-Day of last year, I decided to turn in some Spring collectibles too.. they showed up in my warehouse during V-Day.. but the counter from Odin never changed..

It wasn't until Spring Event was launched and Odin reappeared asking for the Spring stuff that I received credit. On some of them I had to resubmit.. others it automatically gave me credit.

Since your Odin screen only shows 102/106, somehow 4 collections from an event are not being counted.. that we know for sure..

The only thing we don't know is which event.

Since I think you'll still continue to play, wait and see which event he pops up again for.. that's about the only solution I can think of..

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Dec 29, 15 12:26 PM
Oh children, children!! Now I know why i have missed the forum!! Ranting is perfectly acceptable wild cat, we all need to let off steam sometimes, there is'nt always an easy answer to the problems so maybe we ALL need a little more patience. Hey Blue, im biting my nails at moment but may take up the challenge after new year, time to do something drastic now im finnished.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 29, 15 12:36 PM
Its the 4 Valentines day collection you are missing, he did not count those for you...Here is an old thread might bring back some recollections. Read the part that Chestnut explains where everyone should have been back then.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/381391.page

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 29, 15 12:44 PM
Bluex wrote:Is there a way to tell what collection item Odin is missing in specific? I mean outside of any empty slot?

Blue, we already know that collections can show up in the warehouse before Odin asks for them. My warehouse is overflowing with silver, gold, and platinum collectibles, but I'm still working on handing over the bronze collectibles Odin wants. So the fact that something is in the warehouse does not prove that Odin asked for it.

The only way to know what is missing rom Odin's count is for somebody to examine the playing log for a person's game, just as BoomZap did last summer when people lost gold due to the glitch.

When I had a very similar problem in AK (I completed a quest that asked me to fix the castle's interior pillars, but the game never updated the video display to show that the pillars were fixed), the tech from customer support told me flat out that BF did not have the ability to examine the game files and logs. I could either live with the display issue or I could start over. They gave me a coupon for a free games as compensation for my troubles.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 29, 15 1:01 PM
I could not remember specifically if Odin asked for a specific group name in the queue.(that would have been obvious the perfect thing ) Such as I am waiting for X collection. I know just cause it goes into the room doesn't mean squat to Odin. I do remember he had my Valentines collection showing for instance but It did not count in his number at that time and it was confusing. You explained it thoroughly though back then.I knew I'd have to wait for this Valentines. We were all tortured back in February with this thing. Valentines was the key.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 29, 15 1:13 PM
Bluex wrote:I could not remember specifically if Odin asked for a specific group name in the queue.(that would have been obvious the perfect thing ) Such as I am waiting for X collection. I know just cause it goes into the room doesn't mean squat to Odin. I do remember he had my Valentines collection showing for instance but It did not count in his number at that time and it was confusing. You explained it thoroughly though back then.I knew I'd have to wait for this Valentines. We were all tortured back in February with this thing. Valentines was the key.

Odin's quests all have the same name - Collectible Rewards. In the quest box, he will ask for a specific collection, such as Complete the Amber Glass Collection. With the regular collectibles, completing one quest and accepting the reward triggers the next quest.

With the special collectibles, the trigger is the start of the event provided your warehouse is at level 3 or higher AND provided that you entered the warehouse to trigger Odin's appearance.

If you get the warehouse to level 3 and enter it during a special event, that will also trigger the quests for that event's special collectibles. (Know this from personal experience. Happened during the Valentine event with original game, happened in current game during the Halloween event.)

You can't enter the warehouse until it's at level 3. When you first enter the warehouse is the key as to which special event quests you have received from Odin.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 29, 15 1:47 PM
Bluex wrote:Its the 4 Valentines day collection you are missing, he did not count those for you...Here is an old thread might bring back some recollections. Read the part that Chestnut explains where everyone should have been back then.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/381391.page

I just reread those posts.. and I think you are right, Blue..

If I were a gambler, I'd put my money on V-Day for her to have Odin pop up again and ask for those collections.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 30, 15 11:17 AM
Would a private party be allowed to make a patch for the game?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 30, 15 12:11 PM
SaphireH wrote:Would a private party be allowed to make a patch for the game?

BFG owns the game and its really up to them. However, the little bit I know about code reading would tell me its would be expensive for someone else to mess with this game. Even BZ had issues as the same persons did not mess with this from what I can gather. If the game were a money maker it would make business sense, the fact that it hasn't even been brought up in 6 months is telling .
Now as far as a patch, good grief, they'd bust something else trying it. BZ claims from reading the tea leaves they had an "interest" in continuing. But add it all up and it ain't gonna get done, bigger fish to fry in this here "pond" than us little fishes.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 30, 15 12:44 PM
My brother wants to know what programming language they used. Anybody know?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 30, 15 12:58 PM
Crickets.......

I would not know the difference between COBOL, Delphi or Ubangi. I just know I mangle English very well.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 30, 15 1:03 PM
I asked him to help me fix the game, for an early Christmas present next year, assuming that BFG would allow it. Are they the ones to ask?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 30, 15 1:19 PM
From your mouth to gods ears! Does not hurt to try in the least. Yes BFG owns the game so they would be the one to ask. Good luck with this endeavor.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 30, 15 1:32 PM
Thank you Gotta convince my brother first.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 30, 15 1:40 PM
Bluex wrote:From your mouth to gods ears! Does not hurt to try in the least. Yes BFG owns the game so they would be the one to ask. Good luck with this endeavor.

But they may not have bought the code, only the (somewhat) finished product. Remember, I was told by a techie that BF could not access my game files to see what went wrong.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 30, 15 1:42 PM
that would be most interesting!

Go to: