Re:Nikopol: Secret of the Immortals comments and reviews

[Post New]by lauratiny on Nov 19, 09 6:47 AM
AzredheadedBrat wrote:Incredible graphics, music, sounds. Definitely hard/very hard, I was surprised. The only drawback for me was the brief length. Thats always a huge let down when that happens. This game in particular was very, very short.

the length of the game was the exact same issue i had with it. it was wayyyy too short. I finished in only a few hours. Sad about that because it was a great game.

tat2s
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
441 Posts

[Post New]by tat2s on Nov 19, 09 10:08 AM
For me, I don't think the length will be an issue because I am slow as molasses at these types of games! Lol. I just got locked in the cemetery and am figuring out how to get out. I'm trying really hard not to use the walkthrough. So I guess the length depends on whether or not you're good at adventure games.

As for the graphics, they are absolutely incredible. I really feel like I'm playing one of my hubby's PS3 games. Great value, IMHO.

The 360 takes some getting used to. Makes me a little green around the gills when I go too fast, but I really like the concept of being able to see the entire room. Hope to see more of these coming along.

[Post New]by donjulien on Nov 20, 09 8:53 PM
Big Fish should be more clear about the graphics card requirement. This won't play on my Averatec 1050 laptop (but then I didn't expect it to, since Drawn froze up repeated at at the Ice Gryphon...[hmmm]). But this this won't even load on my Asus EEE 904HA, even with DirectX 9 and updating the video drivers (latest 2008).

Oh, well...only $7, but a lesson learned. Don't bother with the Big Fish large file games.

zoey13
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by zoey13 on Nov 22, 09 5:21 PM
I thought I would have liked this game. I usually like future sifi stuff. This game left me wanting more, I felt cheated.
The graphics were great.
1.Puzzles were average.
2.Game play was weird.
3.Game was way too short.

Yes it has 360 view which everyone can tone it down in the options menu.
This game I had to move 360 up. Way to slow for me.

fahr451
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fahr451 on Nov 23, 09 10:31 AM
donjulien wrote:Oh, well...only $7, but a lesson learned. Don't bother with the Big Fish large file games.

I think you can open a ticket to BFG Customer support, chances are you'll obtain a coupon if game doesn't work for you!

Anyway, I cannot understand why BFG often publish large games with NO demo, even if a demo version is downloadable from other sites...

katvala
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by katvala on Dec 15, 09 5:33 AM
i cannot pick up the incense

[Post New]by katfish13 on Feb 9, 10 12:23 AM
I will admit I put off buying this one for a long time because I was worried about all the comments about the "outside the box", "off the wall", "way too radical" futuristic venue.

However, after taking the chance, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this game! Yes, I have been spoiled on first person games and was dying for something like Dracula 3-The Path to the Dragon to engulf me in that genre again, but to no avail. UNTIL NOW!

Graphics are beyond amazing, story line is captivating and fresh, scenes are gritty and creative, and the character is raw and masculine without being over bearing or arrogant.

The music is a pleasure to listen to and intensifies with the scene at hand and makes you know when things are about to get really tough.

I love the fact that it doesn't just challenge your memory, reason, and logic, but also your reflexes and the speed at which you need to think. When you are faced with guards about to find and kill you it's time to think fast, act faster, and escape quickly. That, to me, puts just the right amount of pressure to make this game amazingly fun. (If you do die don't fret, you get more chances)

I am enthralled with the settings and the fact that finally there is a game based in the future, rather than yet another dark dreary "way back in the past" adventure game. Don't get me wrong I love those too, but it's refreshing to have this game to bring to life a future world to roam around in. Yes, it's dark and seemingly "grungy", but that adds so much to the appeal of the storyline. (And if you actually listen to the dialog it truly makes sense to look that way.)

The 360 degree turning did take a few moments to conquer so that I wasn't spinning around the room like I was on a carousel, but if you ease up on your mouse, let your hand glide in little amounts, rather than pushing it, and take it slow it soon becomes one of the best parts of the game! I love looking through "my eyes" to play a game and this one does is brilliantly. After a little while you will be moving about as if you were actually IN the game.

If you truly like a challenge and you fore-go a walk-through this game can last hours upon hours, if not days. However, I highly suggest you save often as there are times when if you missed something you can not go back, nor go further. Saving is a very easy way to avoid frustration and takes only seconds to do.

5+ stars on this one for me!

brat1943
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by brat1943 on Feb 19, 10 4:13 AM
is the cursor suppose to jerk all around? cant keep on target what good is it? if so how can i get my money back?

puzzler77
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by puzzler77 on Apr 25, 10 5:36 PM
Does anyone have this problem I am seeing in this game...sometimes large white square pops up and blocks the picture till I clicked it cleared up. Do I need to adjust the advanced selections in options? Thanks in advance.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on May 6, 10 7:48 PM
I have been playing this game for a little over an hour and LOVE it! Very engaging, great graphics and so far, a great story line. Would like more games like this.

I give it a five out five rating!
(even for the little time I have spent playing it)

TooOld2Play
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by TooOld2Play on Nov 18, 11 6:02 PM
Although this game is done by the same designer as Syberia and Syberia 2, it is not a tremendously long large file game. It is very difficult and does have a great story line as many have said. IMO it is much too short. It is graphically beautiful and somewhat difficult.

Go to: