Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Soul Catcher Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Mac_too on Jan 3, 16 8:09 AM
Not working on my MacBook Pro. After the intro scene, I get a white screen and no cursor.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Soul Catcher Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by adventurist on Jan 6, 16 2:06 PM
This is the second time I have bought a game for my MAC OS El Capitan, the game screen shows up in the upper right corner, I looked at the help files but nothing there to address this, I see others are having this problem as well, is this being fixed ? Until this is fixed I will not be downloading anymore games as now I don't trust they will work.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 7, 16 2:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been experiencing technical issues in the game. The following help articles have steps that can address the kinds of problems that have been popping up:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Mac Game Troubleshooting

If these problems are still occurring, we recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Any of our Reps are happy to help, and can gather information on and report issues like these.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jan 8, 16 2:03 PM
I had the cut scenes stop displaying about halfway through the bonus game. I was able to finish anyway; just wanted to throw that out since I haven't seen it mentioned yet.

[Post New]by Barnmaster on Jan 9, 16 4:51 PM
I am having the same problem with the games from Daily Magic Productions as several other Mac users have reported. The game is not fully visible in Full/Wide screen mode - it appears in the upper right had corner of the screen.

I opened a case with the first game, but all I received was a free game as a replacement. Was very disappointed when I download this game and it has the same problem.

The "BFG Help Pages" do not address this issue. This is a developer issue that needs to be escalated if they expect to sell more of their games. For now I am not buying anything from Daily Magic until I get notification that the problem will be resolved.

[Post New]by karl1954 on Jan 10, 16 8:13 AM
Just bought Sable Maze Collectors Edition. Am at the southern wall and in the find items in room off to the left. I click on the object and can move it around but it will not cross off - instead it goes back to original placement (i.e. lizard, corkscrew). Am running Win 8.1..What am I doing wrong? THX

[Post New]by helpfindmygames1 on Jan 10, 16 3:49 PM
I was barely into the game when it became very difficult to move or pick up objects. Then in campground scene I couldn't put pieces of lamp together and that was it. Please help

[Post New]by helpfindmygames1 on Jan 10, 16 3:51 PM
I am using windows 10 on sable maze. Is this a problem because it won't work correctly. Moves slowly, glitches, won't perform operations.

[Post New]by kculbertson on Jan 12, 16 10:10 AM
Same problem, same OS.

"I'm playing on a fully updated MAC also. The last 3 Daily Magic games open up in the upper right hand corner of my screen, so this seems to be a problem that the game makers need to address!

These games are in some of my favorite series, so it's kind of sad that I can't see how these series continue!

Edited to add OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan"

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 12, 16 4:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the issues people have been seeing in the game. For the issues people have mentioned, I suggest taking a look at the following help article, which has steps that can help in a variety of situations:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Screen Resolution

Barnmaster, I'm sorry to hear that multiple games have been displaying incorrectly on your Mac. When our help articles don't resolve technical issues, we encourage reaching out to our Technical Support Team to continue troubleshooting.

For anyone still encountering a technical problem, you can contact our Technical Support Team HERE, and we recommend including a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and have tools to gather data on problems like these. The Forum Moderation Team is also passing along people's posts.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

efb203
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by efb203 on Jan 14, 16 8:01 AM
Same here. What's up with that?

belamba wrote:Second time in about a week or so that a game by these devs won't work on my MacBookPro!
What is the point of releasing Mac games when they don't work on a Mac??
All other devs can manage it, so why can't these?

I'm running OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan.

Everything is up to date. I've previously sent a Dr Felix report to CS and was told the issues were being investigated with the devs as to what the problems are. That was about a year ago...

I get a picture that is off to the right. I can't see a thing in 'windowed mode' (why should I play a game like that anyway), but thought I'd do the trial hour and see how things went. Ok until I wanted to go 'back' then I had to force quit the game!

Please BFGs do something about these games that don't work. Non CE games (other than SEs of CEs) are so awful these days I've not even managed to use a free voucher in a year. I buy most CEs for this reason, as only thing worth being a member for these days, so really annoying when having waited for an hour to d/l these big (and getting bigger) files only for them not to run properly

I've tried changing the screen res, but in any other setting I just get a load of hissing and lines everywhere.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 14, 16 2:16 PM
Hi efb203,

I'm sorry to hear you've been encountering trouble with this game. I suggest taking a look at the following help articles, which have steps that can address a variety of issues:

Mac Game Troubleshooting
Screen Resolution

We absolutely want everyone to be able to play their games without experiencing an issue. If you ever encounter a problem, we encourage contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools to gather information on and report issues that may occur in games, and are always happy to help.

bfgPanthalassa

zendnez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by zendnez on Jan 16, 16 5:05 PM
We know you guys like to post your boilerplate responses, but you do understand that this game completely doesn't work for a bunch of us running Macs, right? I'm using an out-of-the-box 5k iMac running El Capitan. I have the same resolution issues everyone else has mentioned.

It would be so, so great if BFG got in the habit of substantive responses to real user issues versus just pasting links to support pages and asking for Dr. Felix Reports that you can't possibly need to reproduce these issues in house.

efb203
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by efb203 on Jan 18, 16 12:43 PM
SAME HERE!

Barnmaster wrote:I am having the same problem with the games from Daily Magic Productions as several other Mac users have reported. The game is not fully visible in Full/Wide screen mode - it appears in the upper right had corner of the screen.

I opened a case with the first game, but all I received was a free game as a replacement. Was very disappointed when I download this game and it has the same problem.

The "BFG Help Pages" do not address this issue. This is a developer issue that needs to be escalated if they expect to sell more of their games. For now I am not buying anything from Daily Magic until I get notification that the problem will be resolved.

efb203
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by efb203 on Jan 18, 16 12:44 PM
Ditto. This is about the 4-5th game this has happened on. NO updates, No actual answers. No troubleshooting that works. Just coupons for ONE game to replace the 4-5. WE WANT THE GAMES TO WORK ON MAC.

WHEN CAN WE EXPECT AN ANSWER?

zendnez wrote:We know you guys like to post your boilerplate responses, but you do understand that this game completely doesn't work for a bunch of us running Macs, right? I'm using an out-of-the-box 5k iMac running El Capitan. I have the same resolution issues everyone else has mentioned.

It would be so, so great if BFG got in the habit of substantive responses to real user issues versus just pasting links to support pages and asking for Dr. Felix Reports that you can't possibly need to reproduce these issues in house.

efb203
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by efb203 on Jan 21, 16 7:51 AM
Same on everything!!! I have been asking for ages for you to keep track of games earned and let us use 2 at a time for a CE. Although recently even those don't seem to work on a mac - especially Daily Magic games. When can we expect a fix???

belamba wrote:Second time in about a week or so that a game by these devs won't work on my MacBookPro!
What is the point of releasing Mac games when they don't work on a Mac??
All other devs can manage it, so why can't these?

I'm running OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan.

Everything is up to date. I've previously sent a Dr Felix report to CS and was told the issues were being investigated with the devs as to what the problems are. That was about a year ago...

I get a picture that is off to the right. I can't see a thing in 'windowed mode' (why should I play a game like that anyway), but thought I'd do the trial hour and see how things went. Ok until I wanted to go 'back' then I had to force quit the game!

Please BFGs do something about these games that don't work. Non CE games (other than SEs of CEs) are so awful these days I've not even managed to use a free voucher in a year. I buy most CEs for this reason, as only thing worth being a member for these days, so really annoying when having waited for an hour to d/l these big (and getting bigger) files only for them not to run properly

I've tried changing the screen res, but in any other setting I just get a load of hissing and lines everywhere.

efb203
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by efb203 on Jan 21, 16 7:52 AM
We have all done this. Every step. NOTHING WORKED. How about a REAL solution.

bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the technical issues that people are seeing in the game. We recommend taking a look at our help articles when problems like these come up. I suggest trying the steps in the following help article for these sorts of issues:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If the issues are still persisting, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a> to continue troubleshooting. Our Reps are happy to help, and have the tools to gather data on and report these sorts of problems.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jan 27, 16 9:42 AM
I will not buy anymore Daily Magic games as I have nothing but trouble with them and don't enjoy the game at all. I have had trouble with the puzzle pieces and half the time, they don't show up in the puzzles. I find them in the game but don't show up where you can put the puzzles together for wallpaper. Two missing from the first one, and I did find them all, and now three missing from the second. I check each time I find a piece but they don't appear in the puzzle. Not outside the screen either. Too many other problems to name here. Very unhappy.

Next time I will save my money. I am running windows 10

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 9:44:16 AM PST

efb203
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by efb203 on Jan 28, 16 12:51 PM
Been there. Done that. Several times. IT DOES NOT HELP.
What is being done to fix this issue?

bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi efb203,

I'm sorry to hear you've been encountering trouble with this game. I suggest taking a look at the following help articles, which have steps that can address a variety of issues:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=175">Mac Game Troubleshooting</a>
<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=537">Screen Resolution</a>

We absolutely want everyone to be able to play their games without experiencing an issue. If you ever encounter a problem, we encourage contacting our Technical Support Team <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. Our Reps have the tools to gather information on and report issues that may occur in games, and are always happy to help.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by bellbook on Feb 2, 16 7:45 PM
Windows 7 Professional -
Playing game, somehow clicked into 4 puzzles. First 2 puzzles the pieces were hard to move and lock into place. 3 and 4 puzzle pieces are missing so I can't even finish it. When I exit the game, and go back in, I'm still stuck in the same situation

I didn't see a fix for this game. Help please!

Edited on 02/02/2016 at 7:48:22 PM PST

Go to: