nina07
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Escape the Museum 2 comments and reviews

[Post New]by nina07 on Nov 18, 09 11:51 AM
Who We do. KUDOs to you all. This is the great. I'm with bobobear bread and water for me too. But we sure are having fun eating it. this game is GRRRREAT

Edited on 11/18/2009 at 11:52:34 AM PST

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Nov 18, 09 1:32 PM
The "fade" fuzziness started getting to me after awhile. I have to switch glasses to play computer games and I found myself shutting my eyes when the scenes did the fuzzy thing.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Nov 18, 09 2:20 PM
Absolutely it!!! As much if not more than the first one. Gorgeous and crisp graphics, great story line (male hero at last), fun puzzles, love the "Extra Help". Side Missions are a real plus.
Not far into the demo and I already know I'll get this one.
Thank you and Gogii

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 18, 09 3:07 PM
I just finished the trial and I really like the game. I have the first one and like it a lot, too, so I'll probably make this one my last purchase for this month. Poodlebear mentioned there was nothing explaining what to do about the husband's blood pressure. I discovered the answer to that by accident. When you click too often without finding an item on your list his blood pressure goes up so to keep it lower, avoid clicking too much at a time. Over all, this is a great game, and easier than the first one. I haven't had to use the walkthrough at all, yet, but I did have to rely on it for the first edition. I'll give this one THANK YOU, !!!

Edited on 11/18/2009 at 3:08:34 PM PST

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Nov 18, 09 3:34 PM
I'm not even going to go through the motions of "checking it out." I'm off to buy it right now. I loved the first one and have been just waiting for another one in the series. The first one is probably my all time favorite!!! I have tons of work that I should be doing right now, but I'm off to download and give it a few minutes of my time anyway. I give it tentative approval without even trying. I will be back with more comments after giving it a go!!! Thanks and the developer.

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Nov 18, 09 3:44 PM
Well, I am off to dowload the demo. Usuall agree with OLDBAY, but we'll see
Be back soon.

Imdamamma
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Imdamamma on Nov 18, 09 5:08 PM
How interesting I was just going through old games that I haven't finished and found that I did not finish #1 yet for some reason. I can't remember why but I guess I will have something to look forward to.

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Nov 18, 09 6:22 PM
Unless I'm confusing the 1st one with a different game (I played the original over at IW as a free full version, complete with constant ad interruptions), it let you aspire to 100% accuracy (0 wrong clicks) with some kind of change in the cursor when you left it over a correct click for a couple of seconds. Does this one have the same feature? I'm also curious about whether this one is a bit shorter than the other, but then I always take longer than most to play these types of games 'cause one of my favorite parts is just wandering around.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 18, 09 11:28 PM
What a disappointment after waiting so long for this game. It takes more than good graphics to keep my interest. The first one was interesting and clever. This one is just one scene after another finding objects that don't make any sense. Couldn't even finish the free demo--bored me to death.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Nov 19, 09 12:13 AM
I really disliked this game and gave up after 40 minutes. It's not as interesting as the first one. The scene blur was making my eyes cross and I had to look away until it was done.

But for the most part I didn't like it because sometimes I had no idea what to do. I'd be going all over the screen looking for an action area and not be able to find one. Then, the sparkling area would finally appear. When I got to a sparkling area that had nothing to do that I could see, I exited the game and deleted it. I could have looked in the walkthrough, I know, but by that time I was just tired of the game. It was boring and repetitive and the use of the found objects was not clever IMO.

Very dissapointing since I liked the first one so much.

ETA: If you click too much, his blood pressure goes up and his heart rate increases.

Edited on 11/19/2009 at 12:14:31 AM PST

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

[Post New]by cche on Nov 19, 09 12:54 AM
Finished the demo. One side quest complete, trying to stabilize a cell phone tower.
Improved graphics over the first in this series, but as I have said before some fuzzies are due to poor flat screen monitor performance in translating resolutions.... and i agree with those who find the blurred transitions irritating.
Voice acting is overdone by my way of thinking; similarly the music is intended to create tension, and ends up as a distraction.
It has been pretty simple to figure out the puzzles because they mostly make sense. I like that. Still a bit annoying that the seek and find shows you a screw driver, but then makes you use a knife to remove screws... I like that our hero stops to help others along the way, and doesn't have a big issue with the oddball character that stays nearby. Based on the map, I am between a quarter and half way finished, I think.

I'd say 6.5 of 10. I've already bought more than 9 games this month... This one can collect a bit of dust.

kcojco
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by kcojco on Nov 19, 09 1:46 AM
Liked the first more. The guys voice really started annoying me. Hated the fuzzy fade out thing. Didn't even finish the demo, This one is not for me.

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Nov 19, 09 2:17 AM
I was looking forward to this game. I demoed and bought, but am in 2 minds about it. Loved the idea of the husbands view point of the story. The graphics are good but the end of level fuzziness got annoying; star award at end of level was handy in that you knew right away you had missed something(I tend to forget about items you need to collect); side missions were nice and showed the guy had compassion for others. I liked & enjoyed most of the game but there were a few things that bothered me. There was the pic in top right that was supposed to show you how to get through scene with arrows; never saw arrows and as soon as I clicked on pic it disappeared. Having to cover whole screen i search of working areas then clicking on them to find sparkly hot spots. I could click where gears showed any # of times and no hot spot would appear, would check walkthrough and be show same spot. The bus was one place that I really had a problem; clicked pole, tried to place umbrella there quite a few times( guys BP went up there)and no hot spot showed up, looked at WT and showed hot spot on jacket! I will play again now that I have a few of the tips and see how well I remember the way to go.
I think EM1 was better.

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Nov 19, 09 6:04 AM
I AM FINALLY BACK. LOOKS LIKE I STILL AGREE WITH OLDBAY. THE GRAPHICS WERE GOOD BUT DID NOT CARE FOR THE GAME. I DID NOT TRY THE FIRST ONE SO COULD NOT COMPARE. I ESPECIALLY DID NOT LIKE THE FUZZY IN AND OUT AND IT WAS SO SLOW MY HOUR WAS UP AND I DID NOT GET VERY FAR. NO SALE !!!!!!

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Nov 19, 09 6:18 AM
I liked the game and will probably buy it .. I saw a couple posts that ask about the puppy and the kitty .. didn't have time to go thru the rest of the posts to see if it was answered .. you will actually run across the owners .,, they pop up automatically when you do .. kinda startle you because you are in the middle of something else when they do .. Have a good day

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Nov 19, 09 8:08 AM
navybabe162 wrote:I have just finished Escape the Museum 2 and IMO it isn't has good as the first one and it also seem to be short. Even though it had 30 levels it didn't seem to take me very long to figure out what to do. I only needed to use the walkthrough once to get through the pulley area. Overall, I would give the game 4 out of 5.

Have to agree; the first one was more interesting. (and longer)

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Nov 19, 09 8:49 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed myself with this game. Love the fact you get feedback before proceeding to know you've forgotten to collect something. Very enjoyable.

pegluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by pegluv on Nov 19, 09 1:29 PM
I enjoyed the first one so much that i just automatically bought this one. I think it was well worth it. Wished it was a little longer like the first one but, i am very pleased with it. GOOD JOB BF!!!!

Edited on 11/19/2009 at 1:31:37 PM PST

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Nov 19, 09 2:47 PM
Just finished. I didn't change my mind, this is such a ly game. I don't know what is the replay value but I guess it's worth it if you wait for a little while. The tasks where not as difficult as for the first one but so much has been added (bridge parts, people and pets to reunite) that in all it's been a real pleasure. Thank you again Gogii and

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Nov 19, 09 3:03 PM
Was a really great game,even better than the first,for me only 1 thing spoilt it & that was keep butting in showing photo's all the time,we did realise he was anxious for his wife & daughter without being reminded all through

it would be lovely to see more games like this where we see the other side of the story

am waiting for next MCF game now & hoping it lives up to the build up for it

keep the great games coming BF you are still the best YAH

Go to: