runaway63
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Re:I SPY ™ Spooky Mansion comments and reviews

[Post New]by runaway63 on Nov 20, 09 9:23 AM
I was soooo excited when I saw this game.....yeah all it did was get on my nerves. Don't think I'll be buying it.

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Nov 20, 09 9:33 AM
I love the I SPY series. They introduced me to HOG's years ago. I have them all on CD's. I purchased the first one for the grandkids to play when they came to my house. They started me on a search for other games when I first came online. It is actually not too long ago that I played it last.

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Nov 20, 09 10:02 AM
S'okay. Another bloomin' Hidden Object game though. Give me a TM game any day!!! (Tomorrow would be good please!) xxx

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Nov 20, 09 11:47 AM
Not for me. Incredibly slow, easy, and almost finished it in one hour. What a boring waste!

[Post New]by veronique875 on Nov 20, 09 2:07 PM
Well, I did finish the first time through in less than the demo time; but I found it quite a fun game and the graphics were fine on my laptop.

Thanks Big Fish for bringing back some older games.. and adding a hint system!

tiasnana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tiasnana on Nov 20, 09 5:21 PM
I bought several other I Spy games for my grandson, but don't think I'll buy this one. On the demo, I just got tired of waiting for the pages to load. It was worse than watching paint dry. Don't know about the kids in your family, but ours would just click out and go to another game. Sorry, but it just isn't something I think the kids would like.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Nov 20, 09 6:46 PM
I thought it was cute. I did escape the house the first time in less than the hour demo, but I was able to go back in and start a different puzzle. Same hidden object areas in every room, though.

I was surprised at the pixelated graphics, though, since this is such a large file.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Nov 20, 09 7:12 PM
2nd game in a row that I was able to play for as long as I wanted w/o turning it off. But, I must say I couldn't take it very long because it was so bad!

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Nov 20, 09 7:16 PM
Yeah, I finished this game in less than an hour. Too easy but I think this game is geared towards those under 7.

[Post New]by Prunella205 on Nov 20, 09 7:41 PM
I guess I'm weird, but I liked the game. Thought I was done when I got out the door the first time, but it turns out that wasn't the end. For some reason my game didn't stop after 1 hour. The screen went black (as usual) but the game came back up again and continued on. First you find the puzzle pieces, then you find the soup ingredients, then you find the machine parts, then you make the ghosts and finally you find the ghosts around the house. Kept me busy for almost 3 hours.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 20, 09 7:45 PM

I agree this is a game more geared to children but I enjoyed it. I played at least one of the games in this series and thought it was fun, too. It's cleverly made, as well and even better than the ones that came out before. Don't know if I would buy it, though. There are others that interest me more and at least one of you said it's a short game. I'll give it 1/2

[Post New]by HidingMitzi on Nov 21, 09 3:12 AM

This game sucked. After waiting for it to download, all I ever got was an hourglass. 10 minutes of this crap and I uninstalled the game.

EYANNA
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by EYANNA on Nov 21, 09 3:36 AM
MAYBE BECAUSE I LOVE MYSTERIES AND WHO DUN IT I REALLY ENJOYED THIS GAME MATTER OF FACT THE ONLY GAMES I BUY ARE HIDDEN OBJECT I WISH BF WOULD GET SOME MURDER MYSTERY GAMES I SEE THERE ARE OTHER I SPY GAMES CAN I GET THEM FROM BF TAKE A CHANCE WITH THIS GAME IT IS OK

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Nov 21, 09 7:13 AM
a lovely game for the kids and nice for us adults to watch it too-

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Nov 21, 09 7:48 AM
I started playing this game and thought there was something wrong with my PC the graphics are very fuzzy and I was stuck most of the time not knowing what to do next as I am used to games where you solve the puzzle and it takes you straight to the next scene if not exiting out of the one you are in. The skeleton that kept appearing with pieces of paper at the end of the HOG scenes, well I tried to read the paper thinking it was a clue but half the time i couldn't. I never got to the part where you had to put these pieces of paper together as I gathered that is what you had to do. This was just too immature and fuzzy although I did like the stuff moving when you found it. This is not a keeper for me i'm afraid and I will be deleting it.

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:I SPY ™ Spooky Mansion (where 's the disk it asks for?)

[Post New]by berrymama on Nov 21, 09 11:58 AM

I bought I Spy Spooky Mansion cause it was cute and my grand daughter will love it when she visits (she is in 3rd grade and she can learn words and practice reading and have fun too)

The only problem I have is when I load the game it tells me there is no
CD in the drive (??) Then after playing, I guess it doesn't save... cause when I go back, I have to start over....

Well sometimes you get interrupted and have to stop for something and would like to start where you ended... is that a bug?

JLB388
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JLB388 on Nov 21, 09 9:50 PM
game sucks..won't do anything

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 22, 09 1:25 AM
The I SPYs are adorable & way more fun than Can You See What I See? I know these are older games & I bet they were originally created for 800 x 600 resolution b/c that was the norm then. Now that it's been several yrs since the intial release, Scholastic decided to just pixelate the crap out of it to fit larger screen resolutions w/ the result of making kidlets across America need glasses LOL They're a multimillion dollar corporation (those school-run book sales alone are such a moneymaker for them), you'd think they could plonk down a few more bucks for a redo. You can only resize graphix so much b4 they end up looking like this game. It's awful that they decided clear visuals weren't necessary for this re-release & went cheapie on it b/c they know this will sell to a new batch of young kids whose parents will buy them in stores for $20 sans demo'ing. Shame on you, Scholastic! Ripping off a new generation is what they're trying to do here. They could've easily done "Spooky Mansion 2" with better graphix. If I had little kids & bought this at Tarzhay or wherever, I'd be ticked off & have their CS on the phone demanding a refund.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 22, 09 6:34 PM
After 5 minutes of trying, dumped this game, it was boring, graphics were not appealing and too babyish. This is the first game where I thought I'm glad that we are allowed to try games before we buy them, because of course if I did buy this game out first I would not be happy with it at all.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Nov 22, 09 7:53 PM
I just spent the weekend with a good friend and 2 of her nephews who were ages 8 and 10 spent a lot of time at her place this weekend as well. This game was the new TGT one day I was there so I downloaded it for the boys to try. They LOVED it! Actually, all 4 of us had a blast working at it together. Of course, most times the kids found things before the adults, but there were also a few times they needed help. I had started the trial on my Vista laptop with an Intel Extreme series 4 graphics module, and the graphics showed up great on it! Then, I gifted both this game and the other "I Spy" game that Big Fish has...one to each of the boys...and downloaded them on my friend's computer so the boys could finish playing all the way through. The game on her computer (which I don't know the graphics capabilities of) also had great graphics with both of these games. They finished the first time through Spooky Mansion before I left this afternoon and were excited to find out that there really was more to the game.

Now I'm considering getting it for myself and am sure I'd enjoy it, but there are also several other games I'd like right now so it may have to wait.

Go to: