Engelina1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Would you be willing to pay money for a finished game?

[Post New]by Engelina1 on Jan 11, 16 6:11 AM
Yes I would pay for a finished game still love to play this game.

[Post New]by TammyF48 on Jan 12, 16 7:31 PM
I am most definitely on-board for paying for a finished game. Really hope this petition works.

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Jan 14, 16 8:48 AM
Yes!
Shasta 13135
Sailaway 166188

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Jan 14, 16 8:29 PM
For what its worth, I reached out to the mods and shared the link to this thread. I asked if they could forward it on to the developers. I mean, I'm just a fellow Found fan like the rest and I just thought I'd ask the question and see what happened.

I mentioned that if a single fan could get almost all positive responses, then the developers might well want to give it a shot. I mean, if they seriously posed the question to the fans, I'm sure they would get even more replies than my question has.

So, just something to think about. I'm not sure if the thread will be forwarded to the developers at all, but it would be nice for them to see there are still fans of the game!

gulfstream
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by gulfstream on Jan 15, 16 6:18 AM
I would be more than happy to pay $$$ for a finished game that had no glitches and would continue to be supported by BF. Also I would pay $$$ for additional islands if BF chooses to go the route. This is a great game for all ages and it is not often that you find a game that appeals to everyone!. BF please consider finishing the game. You would make many fans very, very happy and would demonstrate goodwill as well!!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 15, 16 6:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this game. It only goes to show what a great community we have here! The decision to end updates for this game was made after much consideration, based on multiple factors, and was made jointly with the game's developer. However, this thread will be passed along to the appropriate team.

In the meantime, we wanted to thank everyone for supporting this game and we hope that you're still available to enjoy the content that is currently available.

Thanks again,

bfgWaimea

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Jan 17, 16 7:47 AM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this game. It only goes to show what a great community we have here! The decision to end updates for this game was made after much consideration, based on multiple factors, and was made jointly with the game's developer. However, this thread will be passed along to the appropriate team.

In the meantime, we wanted to thank everyone for supporting this game and we hope that you're still available to enjoy the content that is currently available.

Thanks again,

bfgWaimea

Thank you Waimea! I think what the fans of Found want (myself included) is to let the powers that be know that this game is one of the most loved games at BFG. We would love a chance to have a finished (the few bugs removed, maybe a new small island and an ending) version of our game.

So a big thank you for passing this thread along and I hope they realize that the small response I got here could be much much bigger if someone official actually asked the question. After all, there may be only 2 pages of replies, but this thread has had over 600 looks!

Now, I don't know if the team behind the game has any interest in Found or not anymore, but... I would definitely bet that if they actually asked this thread's question, that most of those 600 looks would become replies!

Thanks again for passing it along!

Edited on 01/17/2016 at 7:57:48 AM PST

judylinn
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by judylinn on Jan 17, 16 2:22 PM
I agree!

[Post New]by playergrandma on Jan 17, 16 10:24 PM
does anyone NOT remember that when this game came out YOU had to buy it before they put it up for FREE play so MANY of us have already pd so does that mean if they do this we don't have to pay again JUST SAYING

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Jan 18, 16 6:12 AM
playergrandma wrote:does anyone NOT remember that when this game came out YOU had to buy it before they put it up for FREE play so MANY of us have already pd so does that mean if they do this we don't have to pay again JUST SAYING

I've been playing since it was available on the pc (since Dec 2012).....It has always been free to play for me.

Edited on 01/18/2016 at 7:04:00 AM PST

[Post New]by playergrandma on Jan 20, 16 12:29 AM
before the game came to free play they sent it for some to try I was one I had a stroke and could not understand even how to start but was given the game 1 island and then if you wanted to open the rest of the game had to buy I did and still didn't like or understand until one of my care givers got hooked on it and taught me then came to free play almost 1 yr later by then and since then had played the game but since the updates stopped and no new quest I go into the game give people what the want open the chest and send out the ship once in a blue moon I play for 30 min to 1 hr I have almost the whole game each island sensei probably 3 not but close all but 4 achieivements have restarted the game dozens of times and have reached over level 300 several times but its very boaring playing same quest over and over and nothing changes still have my confirmation and thank you email for being a tester and buying the game before free play SO No I wouldn't pay again. Thank You Have a Good Day Forgot to mention that I gave the game a bad review on the form they ask the tester to fill out then Loved it now who cares.

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 12:39:08 AM PST

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Jan 24, 16 8:51 AM
Suggest another game developer key into this opportunity.
Certainly, they view our comments. Whose going to get there first?
Let's be patient. Let's also be strategic.
If you have family, friends, co-workers who are interested,..
Talk to them about this chance to make money and make a lot of fish happy!

gulfstream
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by gulfstream on Jan 26, 16 10:39 AM
My guess is Elephant has the rights to the game. Would certainly be a legal issue which would present even more problems. My family loves this game and as I mentioned before appeals to most age groups and has a great fantasy story line. Too bad this game was left by the way side. You think members,fans and players would have a say in continuing the game...doesn't appear to be the case. At the risk of repeating myself,yet again,this game should not collect real money because there are so many glitches. Most of us who read the forums are aware of the glitches,no updates,support and crashes. It's the new players that I feel badly about because they are not aware that by buying coins and diamonds with their real money they are buying into a game that DOES NOT get updates or support. Just my two cents worth.

judylinn
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by judylinn on Jan 29, 16 8:44 PM
I agree gulf. I think it would help to go to the app and leave a review that stated all of that.

gulfstream
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by gulfstream on Jan 30, 16 6:52 AM
Judy,where do you think would be the most effective and visible to post my reply. Thanks for your help.

JagWire1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by JagWire1 on Mar 12, 16 10:26 AM
cbtx wrote:Love Found, but will not give another penny for this game or any other game developed by Elephant Games.
The lack of support for this game since the beginning has been completely unacceptable ---- from their mysterious, secretive attitude about updates and fixes (as though something about any "game" must be heavily guarded or protected), to their total refusal to give an honest answer (usually when a simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed) to ANY question from the fans of the game.

Maybe if another developer took over (highly unlikely), but not Elephant Games. Their lack of appreciation of their players, their refusal to communicate, and their lack of fixes for long time glitches/bugs shows me that I do not want to and will not support Elephant Games. (Like they care! LOL)

JagWire1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by JagWire1 on Mar 12, 16 10:33 AM
cbtx wrote:Love Found, but will not give another penny for this game or any other game developed by Elephant Games.
The lack of support for this game since the beginning has been completely unacceptable ---- from their mysterious, secretive attitude about updates and fixes (as though something about any "game" must be heavily guarded or protected), to their total refusal to give an honest answer (usually when a simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed) to ANY question from the fans of the game.

Maybe if another developer took over (highly unlikely), but not Elephant Games. Their lack of appreciation of their players, their refusal to communicate, and their lack of fixes for long time glitches/bugs shows me that I do not want to and will not support Ele[b]phant Ga
mes. (Like they care! LOL)

JagWire1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by JagWire1 on Mar 12, 16 10:49 AM
I have enjoyed playing this game....but it's nothing but a scam.If your pc needs to be taken back to orginal beginning for the pc or you need to buy a new pc....you lose all of Found.Bigfish will not help you get it back. And they love it...esp those who have spent money on coins and diamonds.I got mine back with the help of a kind player here.It was so complicated my son-in-law did it for me,and he's good with pc problems,and he told me it was a challenge for him.I play on **** also.Everytime I got a new pc, my gems are always there when I went back. And another scam is you have to be online to play a "free"game.

amt3
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by amt3 on Mar 13, 16 3:20 PM
YES!!

Bfg you would find a whole bunch of people willing to pay for it, if you would offer it. I remember when computer games came out only on 3 1/2" floppy discs and how many discs there where, plus how expensive it was, BUT very much worth it.

You have customer's email accounts that you could contact us through to give us ONE chance to say yes or no to buying it.

You probably already have the numbers crunched for how much it would cost to finish the game and glitches, plus what you would need to sell it for. What could it hurt?

Just a suggestion from a customer who is hoping against hope that you'll finish it.

Edited on 03/18/2016 at 6:43:39 PM PST

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Apr 4, 16 12:09 AM
I would think that any game that goes on for so long would have at least one final quest written to wrap up the storyline, but it never happens. It's just a fantasy. I've played dozens of online games (most of which never see a penny from me, cause I'm patient and will play 15 minutes and come back tomorrow), and not a single, solitary one felt it necessary to wrap up the storyline before abandoning or closing the game. As a matter of fact, several of them offered for players to pay a huge sum of money for all the quests to be magically finished so the players who were still in lower levels could read the whole quest storyline (but the story wasn't finished for them, either). Some of them announced closures 2 or 3 months in advance so people would be encouraged to buy hurry-ups to finish and held big sales in the store.

Sorry to say the entire point of these games is to part you from your cash whilst spinning an ever more convoluted storyline to keep you hooked. Did you ever know a FTP on the social networks to finish? They are basically paid soap operas keeping their fans panting waiting on the next development, but coming to no conclusion. They might end with a bang or a whimper, they might just get no more updates, they might just disappear off the web one day, but they never finish the story. Plus Big Fish just takes a cut of the profits for promoting and hosting these games to a huge game-centric audience--the developer has total control over the content and if and when they continue.

Go to: