Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Re:Cajun Cop: The French Quarter Caper

[Post New]by Terri218 on Nov 24, 09 9:03 AM
I will not buy this game because it is one of those where you have to click on the EXACT RIGHT SPOT for the game to recognize you clicked on the right object and if you click around to find the EXACT RIGHT SPOT, you get a time penalty for random clicking. No thanks.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 24, 09 10:19 AM
For me personally, and maybe I am a little grouchy this morning, but I don't feel like the BF site should release games that haven't been beta tested first.
This is suppose to be a place where you can feel confident, when purchasing a new game and shouldn't have to worry about bugs and glitches.
The forum is a place to discuss your opinions, of what you think about the games, it is NOT a free beta testing forum, for all of us fishies to find the bugs first, before we can decide if we want to purchase the game or not.
When I purchase a NEW game, I am ready to PLAY the game, NOT beta test it.
I have purchased 2 games in the last couple of days, and after downloading and starting to play the game, I recieved 2 updates for these games.
I than had to quit playing and re-download the entire game, for these updates to take effect, and lost all previous progress.
Another game was MSW, I had beta tested this one before it was released, which I don't mind doing before they are released for sale, but after purchasing I found out they didn't fix the bug that I found during the beta testing.
I am a HUGE BF fan and I am not one to pick games apart, but I feel very strongly about NOT releasing games on the BF site until they have been beta tested, and are free of bugs.
When I purchase a new game, I expect to be confident in knowing the game has had a through going over and that it is ready to be played in its entirity.
When you purchase games from a store, you want to take the game home and play it, they don't sell games and expect the buyers to find the bugs and than come back to the store to get the finished product.
The pond here on the BF site is for reviews and comments, it is not a free service ground for beta testing new games that have already been released on this site.

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Nov 24, 09 2:14 PM
I agree. I love BF, but there have been way too many problems in games of late. I like this game and would have already bought it except for the problems reported.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Nov 24, 09 2:32 PM
I don't know about any of the problems that have been stated in this thread. I have played the game through once and am playing it again because I had so much fun with it and no problems picking up anything. I bought the game at another site and just love it. (No offense to ) I like the fact that it isn't a really complicated game to play. I used to like more complex HOG's but now I like 'em simple. The first time I played the game and finished, it showed be a completed time of 2 hours and 53 minutes and I enjoyed every bit of it. I'm sorry for those who have experienced problems, but really, just give it another go, I think it's a great game!!(IMHO)

BIRDRED
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by BIRDRED on Nov 24, 09 3:04 PM
I can't get the game to download, just says downloading error, tried 2 times. guess this isn't a game for me!!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Nov 24, 09 6:08 PM
quarlesqueen wrote:For me personally, and maybe I am a little grouchy this morning, but I don't feel like the BF site should release games that haven't been beta tested first.
This is suppose to be a place where you can feel confident, when purchasing a new game and shouldn't have to worry about bugs and glitches.
The forum is a place to discuss your opinions, of what you think about the games, it is NOT a free beta testing forum, for all of us fishies to find the bugs first, before we can decide if we want to purchase the game or not.
When I purchase a NEW game, I am ready to PLAY the game, NOT beta test it.
I have purchased 2 games in the last couple of days, and after downloading and starting to play the game, I recieved 2 updates for these games.
I than had to quit playing and re-download the entire game, for these updates to take effect, and lost all previous progress.
Another game was MSW, I had beta tested this one before it was released, which I don't mind doing before they are released for sale, but after purchasing I found out they didn't fix the bug that I found during the beta testing. ..........."

Hi there!

I didn't leave your entire copied message simply in order to save space, but I did want to comment on what you said.

Big Fish does thoroughly test every game they offer. However, if they aren't the developer of the game, I think their testing is concentrated mostly on whether the game works with the game manager. In order to get fixes for problems within the games themselves, they usually have to work through the developers so it is most likely the developers and not Big Fish who would fix the "absent oar" problem in this game. I'm not sure what problem you had with MSW, but again, it might be a "bug" the developers need to fix. Did you tell BF about the bug you found while beta testing?

As for the updates you received, would you rather not have received them at all? That is only Big Fish trying to resolve the issues that come up. NO beta testing program ANYWHERE can possibly find every single bug in every single game before it goes out. There are just way too many different computer setups out there to make it possible for that to happen. I guarantee you that games sold in stores also have customers who report issues with those games. I have downloaded all the updates that came through the game manager here, and I don't believe I've had to start any of the games over because I lost progress........

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Nov 24, 09 6:21 PM
...........I am also sure that Big Fish does NOT consider this to be a "free beta testing forum for all of us to find the bugs first" in any way, shape, or form. In fact, they strongly encourage us to contact CS with any technical issues that come up especially since CS and tech support do not usually read (at least as part of their job) these forums to find out about technical issues. I'm not at all saying it's wrong to discuss tech issues in the forums....far from it! I'm just saying that if you want Big Fish to be aware of them and work with you on them, you need to contact them directly.

Caraface
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Caraface on Nov 24, 09 8:21 PM
Terri218 wrote:I will not buy this game because it is one of those where you have to click on the EXACT RIGHT SPOT for the game to recognize you clicked on the right object and if you click around to find the EXACT RIGHT SPOT, you get a time penalty for random clicking. No thanks.

My thoughts exactly. It's rather hard to click on an object when the mouse arrow is 5x bigger than said object, PLUS the arrow is rotating. The noise that the game makes when you don't click exactly right is ANNOYING.

This seemed like a standard, run of the mill HOG, played about halfway through the trial and was so annoyed at the clicking (and mis-clicking) that I uninstalled. If it had hooked me, perhaps the clicking wouldn't be so annoying....but it seems pretty blah to me.

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on Nov 27, 09 1:56 PM
maggiefromOK2 wrote:Really curious about the length of this game. I learned to be cautious about this when I bought Robinson Caruso only to discover I had completed all but about 10 minutes in the trial. The information about the nonexistant oar also bothers me. Has BF been told about it yet? I have learned that if one glitch exists, there are surely more. Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by yetmost on Nov 27, 09 2:41 PM
frank2004 wrote:i thought this game was pretty good also, but i couldnt find the oar either. had 2 start over also. bummer.

There is a long wooden object that I thought was it. The hint jumped around and didn't seem to know where to stop.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Dec 16, 09 1:20 PM
i tried most of the free hour but the screen flickering all the time was very annoying and the hand didnt always seems to give any clues but that could be me, will not buy this one.

[Post New]by full_stringer on May 14, 11 7:20 PM
I finished the fiber pieces but cannot get out of the crime lab because I can't click on the thermometer -- at least I am pretty sure it's the thermometer. I've asked for the Hint multiple times and nothing happens.

I believe the thermometer is on the rolling table. I have looked at everything and moved everything possible. I only see one object that is similar to a thermometer (no red "mercury") and it is white and gray on that rolling table.

Frustrating because I cannot continue until it accepts my click.

Is there a problem with this or can it be fixed?

[Post New]by full_stringer on May 15, 11 7:39 PM
I started the game all over! Now, I am at the Crime Lab AGAIN and, this time, it's the 2nd knife that isn't anywhere and the Hint won't highlight anything!!! I know I was clicking on the thermometer with my first post but, after reading some other posts, I decided to just start over and hope the new game didn't ask for the thermometer. Well, it didn't -- in the Crime Lab -- but now I am stuck even SOONER in the game with this 2nd knife than I was after many scenes with the thermometer!!! Ugh!

Think I'm gonna ask for my money back on this game and opt for another for my monthly "fix"!

Go to: