scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

Re:Cajun Cop: The French Quarter Caper comments and reviews

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 25, 09 7:19 AM
If the developer is going to create a "French Quarter Caper", he needs to do his research. The house on Dauphine street is NOT a French Quarter House, it looks as if it belongs uptown. Also, there are court yards in the quarter - no room for back yards bar-b-que! And where is ali the "Cajun" food at the bar-b-que? No crayfish, shrimp, crabs, gumbo, etc.

Exactly! I was disappointed to find that the setting in the title was nonexistent.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Nov 25, 09 9:14 PM
I just finished the demo and it was good, but not great.

Pros: nice bright scenes
hint system recharges quickly
relaxing HOG game with some interaction in each scene
objects are not too difficult to find, unless you forget to move objects

Cons: Setting is not too accurate.
When is the story set? Is it set in the 1940's or more recent times. It was hard to tell when there are old phones and modern pistols in the same scene.
Had to find the same things, such as cups of coffee, in too many consecutive scenes.

In all, it would be a good game for those new to HOG, or those who want a little twist to a straight HOG. For those, like me, who mostly play IHOG now (thanks to RTR), this is a relaxing, fun HOG. It will be on my wish list to possible use my game credit on.

Edited on 11/25/2009 at 9:16:06 PM PST

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Nov 26, 09 8:45 PM
I quite like this game. Yes, perhaps it's not as challenging as some of the other HOGs (or more accurately, the IHOGs), but sometimes after I've had a long day at work (which I seem to be doing more & more lately), all I want to do is chill out and it's nice to play a game and *not* have to think too deeply. I've seen a lot worse than this (and unfortunately bought a few that didn't end up holding my interest all that long), and at the very least, Cajun Cop has nice clear graphics. Unlike a few people, the spinning cursor really didn't bother me (I hardly noticed it after a minute or two) and the music really isn't that much of an issue (and at the end of the day, you can turn the volume off and/or down if you find it too distracting). The only thing I do notice (like a few other people) was that you do occasionally have to click the object in *exactly* the right place for it to register, but even that wasn't a big deal.

All in all, I was happy to pay $6.99 for this game!

Edited on 11/26/2009 at 8:47:45 PM PST

[Post New]by Elviskat on Nov 28, 09 12:42 PM
HELP!! I played a few minutes of it, but can't understand how the Hints works. I click on it and get nothing. I hear what sounds like angelic music, but nothing is highlighted, nor pointed to. Wish they included more explanations. Any one else having trouble with the Hints?

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 29, 09 4:29 PM
Love "Nawlins", and would at least have liked to have seen a few realistic scenes from the city. Doughnuts? Could have at least had beignets! Not really much atmosphere as far as I got in the demo.

Also would have liked some zydeco music. The music was okay, but seemed like it was in the wrong game. It would have been more at home in Dream Chronicles.

The game is otherwise okay, except for the hot spots. How many times do you have to click on one bullet to get it to "take"???

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Dec 1, 09 8:20 AM
With nothing fancy, this straight forward HOG is to the point. The 'comic book feel' is fun. My only major issue is that sometimes it doesn't recognize your selection. If you have to find a ball...you click on the ball...it doesn't recognize that you did...you continue to click...it penalizes you for the misclicks...

[Post New]by margeret on Dec 1, 09 9:02 AM
im on a level with a magnafying glass and a scissors beside it , the police says it it a good place to look for the scraps of paper but things dont happen can anyone help please

d9507
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Cajun Cop: The French Quarter Caper comments and reviews

[Post New]by d9507 on Dec 1, 09 11:45 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

[Post New]by grammaria on Dec 2, 09 7:22 PM
I have to admit that I didn't bother with this after checking out the screen shots, but today decided to see what it was like. I was pleasantly surprised. I like that it had little glittery places that took you to different areas so you aren't just stuck in one place till you find all the items.

I really liked that it was quick to load new scenes. Usually on my computer (HP 9700 w/Vista) loading to new scenes takes a while. I didn't think the mini-games were bad. I also liked that the shots were all nice, clear, and crisp.

All in all, I just might buy this one.

woohookf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by woohookf on Dec 3, 09 9:16 AM
I downloaded the game and it says the trial version is up. I didn't even get a chance to play it, but from what you all are saying, I am not really missing out. I was going to let Big Fish know, but its not even worth getting into it for this game. Its the first time that this has happened to me. I've heard of it happening to other people in other games, and from my understanding Big Fish can't add time to your trial version.... stinks!! I would be really mad if this game got great reviews, but I trust you all in the forums and feel much better. I LOVE THE FORUMS!!!!! Great source of help. Keep it up fishies.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Dec 10, 09 6:51 PM
This game is ok, interesting objects but not challenging. Also I was disappointed by the setting, it seemed like it was lacking a lot for the French Quarter. I think they could have done more with this game, including better graphics and difficult task. Its not a boring game, but its not a must have either, I could go either way with this one after completing the demo

[Post New]by grammau on Dec 28, 09 8:28 PM
I gifted this game to my husband for Christmas. There is one frustration with this game. Some of the objects are out of the screen range, usually to the left. We have found some objects by clicking randomly with the cursor out of vision range, but not very often. Our monitor is a 21 inch, and it is frustrating that objects are not in the picture.

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Jan 27, 10 11:07 PM
WHOEVER DESIGNED THIS GAME NEED TO IMPROVE THE GRAPHICS AND I HATE THE CURSOR. IF SOMETHING IS SMALL AND NEED TO CLICK ON IT SEVERAL TIMES, A BIG MESSAGE COMES UP ABOUT LOSE TWO MINUTES.

IF THEY DO A NEW AND IMPROVE VERSION OF THIS GAME, I WOULD ENJOY IT MORE

PUPPYALPHA

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

No, you are not alone

[Post New]by dianaluna on Mar 7, 10 6:59 PM
Obrien 60-you are right. I just finished the Demo-this game could have been better, but I enjoyed it. There really are different types of HOGS--and some people need the ones that involve many different tasks. I long ago tired of going from site to site to gather some object to put out a fire or chase away bees, etc. Give me Hogs like BIG City, Murder She Wrote, & Mystery PI & Amazing Adventures. When I read the reviews I keep in mind that though many people's criticisms are valid & sincere, they don't deter me because I'm not necessarily looking for their type of HOG.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 1, 10 7:58 AM
yet another game from that again is 'blah'...i pick games on places i would like to go, things i like to do, or just have a good story...i have been a constant 'trolling game forum queen'...only since the LAST 6 WEEKS...have had multiple problems with the new games on the 'try it' before buying it...i have become a disgruntled fishee...now it is going on ...my count...8-9 games that have had tech issues....even downloading i find uneasy that one will send my newly updated camputer to 'crash & burn"...sorry to vent...but it is getting tiring...this game gave my computer the 'black screen with the writing to get the heck shut down'...twice

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Oct 18, 10 11:29 AM
Hi guys This is Ria here just dowloaded Cajun I am stuck in the backyard can'tgo any Further where is the key ?????

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Oct 19, 10 7:56 AM
OK I fount the key in the barrell just got into the room and finished and the time was up i did the paper message as well

Edited on 10/19/2010 at 7:57:58 AM PST

[Post New]by ToodlesMom on Jun 21, 12 12:06 PM
I find the cursor quite annoying. It does not land where you put it. Very frustrating. You get penalized for not getting object you want.

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Nov 2, 12 10:56 AM
I agree that the cursor is unacceptable. And, developers, PLEASE, stop with the ridiculous misclick penalties, particularly when multiple clicks are sometimes needed to get the game to recognize that you clicked the right object. I also found the all caps very difficult to read.

The game just feels more like a chore than entertainment.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Mar 3, 13 9:45 PM
Being from south Louisiana I can assure you Dauphine Street is in the French Quarter, it is a block inland from Bourbon Street. The French Quarter consists of an area from Canal St. to Esplanade Ave. and from the Mississippi River inland about 9 blocks to North Rampart. So technically it is in the French Quarter. I liked this game only because I just finished a very intense game and just needed something to play to relax for a bit. The spinning cursor was a definite NO. And while it seemed a bit taxing at times, over all it wasn't that bad. Playing on a big monitor helps, so I didn't incur any penalties for misclicking. The only thing I really didn't like was the ending.....there really wasn't one! Other than that, it wasn't a bad game, but could have been developed a bit better than it was. The other thing I found funny was when it asked you to find weapons. Seriously? When you are on Bourbon St. a baseball bat IS a weapon, so is a bottle ( which is why they give you drinks in plastic cups ), just saying..

Go to: