BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury here

[Post New]by BereniceP on Jan 19, 16 1:40 AM
My hint button has stopped working and I am completely stuck and cannot move on. Map shows nowhere for me to go! Please help!

[Post New]by LadyJez on Jan 19, 16 6:06 PM
I am frozen also. This was a free game for me but what good is it if it does not work. I cannot use the hint and it kicks me out of the game. what can I do? I have the MAC edition and have deleted the game and reinstalled and still it does not work????

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Jan 19, 16 7:48 PM
Was really enjoying this great game but am starting to get nonstop access violation errors, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. The game locks up after getting the screen, I go back to "thanks for playing" and that's that. If I pull it up again I can play another 10 minutes before I get the next one. (Yes, I sent in a report but help is glacially slow). I'm on Win7. The GM crashes constantly, too lately (yes, I've sent in reports). After 7 of these I guess that's it for this game. I am not reinstalling again and playing 2 hours from the beginning to see if it does this a third time. Terrific game, shame!

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SpiritOfRevenge_GemFury.exe

Edited on 01/19/2016 at 7:53:23 PM PST

pyff
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by pyff on Jan 21, 16 3:31 PM
RainbowElf wrote:In the classroom, I need to use the tuner on the piano, but my inventory is replaced with instructions for a book puzzle, even though I have completed that.

I also tried clicking skip once loaded, but that just made the cursor see through and unable to click on anything.

So now I can't move forward with the game. Grr.

i,m having the same problem

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 3:32:18 PM PST

jdylea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jdylea on Jan 22, 16 10:01 AM
I think I'm just going to remove it and cut my losses. No one at big fish seems to care that so many are having these same issues. I have written and they don't reply. Maybe its time for a new site???
In the past they had live chat, that is gone, now it's suppose to be up to three days to reply and I wrote them seven days ago.
I think the pond has gone dry!!!

[Post New]by SherriesMomma on Jan 25, 16 12:38 PM
I'm still in Rebecca's Room on my MacBook Pro. I can't solve the magnet game. I am definitely clicking on the arrows in the same sequence the game lights are lighting, but they just keep repeating the same sequence. Has anyone else had a problem with this? Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong? I've notice with other games not working, that I have to put my cursor in a really odd spot for the game to recognize it. Strange.

[Post New]by Cbarbatus on Jan 30, 16 12:37 PM
Map freezes and windows cursor appears. ESC works to kill the game and it reloads from the failed place. Seems like a lot of people with the same problem, but no fix.

[Post New]by margie14580 on Feb 10, 16 12:42 PM
Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury SE: I am having the same problem with the game freezing. Very frustrating! Certainly glad that I used a game credit instead of buying this game. Wish I could get my credit back

Guybrush
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Guybrush on Feb 11, 16 12:27 AM
Game freezes at the start. When the officer moves the log.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Feb 12, 16 6:56 AM
Same problem as most of the others here. No way to exit film archive. Had to use the three finger salute to exit game.

Came back in...game frozen at this point. Cannot finish.

PC, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Feb 14, 16 8:28 AM
Is ANYTHING being done to fix this game? Complaints of it not working continue to pour in both here and over in the CE forum as well. Doesn't the developer care that so many people LIKE their game and WANT to play it but can't play it through for various reasons? Also, there are many more like me who've played the demo, and are interested in BUYING it, but who won't buy it just yet because of the problems we've encountered in the demo that have made us hesitant to purchase. Doesn't Big Fish care either about losing sales AND faithful longtime customers as well as future customers due to failure to respond to our inquiries????? Bad press and word of mouth can ruin the reputations of both the developer and distributor, and those reputations are affected by failure to address customer complaints. Please, we LOVE the game (what we've been able to play of it) but we need some feedback from a moderator about what's going on with it behind the scenes. I think we've waited long enough and we're very disappointed in hearing only crickets. Even the sound of them are fading

[Post New]by stazialyn on Feb 25, 16 1:36 PM
I found that when you open your Map/Archive and see the films, to close, click where you think there should be an "X". Upper right cornerish. It worked for me. However now the game froze, and when I reopen, it didn't save where I was. I have to plug a film code in for #5, but it says I don't have the code and filmreel #5 is gone. I have no way of finishing. The most aggravating game in the 8 years I have been a member.

[Post New]by navynora on Mar 12, 16 11:41 AM
Frozen CE edition. The screen goes dark and the hidden object trunk in the dock attic is unplayable. Given as I paid for this game, it's really annoying.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 25, 16 7:47 PM
Won't download. Windows XP.

[Post New]by Macka04 on Jun 26, 16 1:31 AM
As with everyone else, similar issue. Using a MAC 10.10.2 and in Sullivan chapter, did the multi-puzzle until the last one and couldn't do it. Shut the game, went back in and it worked. Now I'm trying to open the door to the Council to find Rebecca, have inserted the brooch and started the mini puzzle. Collected all the gems, paired all the trees then got an error message. Logged out of game several times and whenever I go back in and retry puzzle it's on to the 3rd phase of inserting pieces into the puzzle but the hint at the bottom says match trees, which I've already done. So it's error'd at a weird spot. Will now try and delete game and reinstall and see what happens but something isn't right. Looking back I had similar issues with another Spirit of Revenge game so perhaps overall a sloppy group of games without preparing testing.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jun 26, 16 3:23 PM
Macka04 wrote:Looking back I had similar issues with another Spirit of Revenge game so perhaps overall a sloppy group of games without preparing testing.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Oct 27, 16 11:46 AM
Playing on Win7 Home Premium 64 bit:

Crashed 3 times with an access violation error on the 2nd one. First 2 crashes didn't cause any problems and I was able to continue playing. After the 3rd crash, the Ghost Catcher has completely disappeared. Stuck at Ch. 4 at Rebecca's ghost as there's no way to continue playing w/o this device.

I'm surprised there's no update even now - wow! This sucks as it was turning out to be a fun game.

MAW11
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by MAW11 on Nov 15, 16 9:25 PM
My hint button continue to freeze, this game has shut down on me several times which I have to click play again more than once. Also it has crash on me. From my reading of all the other gamers same issues. i have decided i am know longer interested in trying to fix this unfixable problem. I would like to be refunded or I am willing to try a different game at the same price.
Please Advise

[Post New]by Happycatscooter on Nov 21, 16 3:57 PM
I'm playing on my Macbook Pro and this game is so frustrating....everytime I click on the map I get the reels and it freezes there ...have to exit and come back in and now the hint button doesn't work....the third reel played but didn't give me a number and I can't replay it as it doesn't show in the reels room;...terrible game, I don't think I will buy from this company again.... always issues.

Bobinette1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Bobinette1 on Feb 23, 17 12:52 PM
Game freezes too. I'm on Windows 10 for PC and have bought the S.E. It's very frustrating. Hope it gets fixed!!!!

Go to: