markb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Antique Shop: Lost Gems Egypt here

[Post New]by markb on Jan 16, 16 4:32 AM
Many thanks to the support team at Koolhaus for posting the work-around. It is a minor pain to do this each time but is MUCH BETTER than not being able to continue the game. I, for one, have thoroughly enjoyed the "new" (at least for me) approach to match 3 games and look forward to a more permanent "fix" once it is posted.

s_jjones
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by s_jjones on Jan 16, 16 5:40 AM
Me too, markb

[Post New]by just_my_thoughts on Jan 17, 16 7:57 PM
Alright, I did do the power-up workaround and could finish 6 scrolls. But now there seems to be another problem. The game does not proceed any further. The forward arrow of level 25 Cairo just opens the same level over and over again. The last two scrolls do not show up so that the game cannot be finished. Any suggestions?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 17, 16 11:42 PM
just_my_thoughts wrote:Alright, I did do the power-up workaround and could finish 6 scrolls. But now there seems to be another problem. The game does not proceed any further. The forward arrow of level 25 Cairo just opens the same level over and over again. The last two scrolls do not show up so that the game cannot be finished. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the pond!

According to the game download page there are 150 levels so I would think that's the end of the game. I do wonder if there is a CE elsewhere that does have more levels, as the storyline seems to be "hanging". You can go back to previously done areas to improve your stars in the boards and/or work on trophies you're missing.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 17, 16 11:50 PM
FYI update on the losing tools bug: a few of us have discovered that as long as you don't have a complete set of tools when you exit the game you'll be OK. I was able to finish the game without triggering the glitch just by not buying the Frenzy tool for most of the game, and on the few boards I tried using Frenzy upon, making sure I unloaded it and any Frenzy upgrades before going to the next level. Seems easier than unloading/re-buying all your tools every time you play.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 18, 16 10:28 PM
Has anyone noticed that the "I Love That Color" and "Venetian Speedster" achievements don't seem to work? I'm pretty sure I made 10 matches of the same color in a row several times while trying for that achievement but it doesn't ever unlock. Same thing goes for the 10 matches in Venice thing.

It's probably just me not getting lucky enough yet but I also can't unlock the "55s" and "Focused Frenzy" trophies...have all the rest.

[edit] Got the 55s trophy but can't get the other 3. I counted the tiles removed after Frenzy and am pretty sure I got 25 a few times but that achievement doesn't seem to work either. On the other hand, the "You're Like...A Wizard" trophy appears to be easier to win than the achievement states, because I went back through all my completed levels and the fastest I ever did one was 18 seconds, so maybe it's doing a level in 20 seconds or less, not 10.

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 8:09:09 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 21, 16 3:13 PM
Apparently level 4 has even more glitches. On this level all my tools which I have active are all active. No longer gives you the option to chose which tools you want to use. Not bad I guess, but now it stopped on about the 4th game board in that level and won't let me go any further and when I exit and return, the 4th level isn't available anymore, not even showing with a lock on it and I am put back to the last game board on level 3. Wow, didn't anyone play this game through before putting out there for purchase?

I'm using windows 7 professional and have never had issues with BF games before (due to my operating system anyway).

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 22, 16 1:31 PM
A much rarer version of the "losing tools" glitch happened with my second player profile where all the powerups that remove tiles (gembombs, magic pearls, and coils) disappeared on me. I still had the tools but no tile removing powerups for larger matches. If this occurs, go to the shop and sell back all the gembombs, magic pearls, and coils you bought and then buy them back. They will be back on the next level.

Antique Shop: Lost Gems Egypt - new build (patch)

[Post New]by koolhaus on Jan 22, 16 7:22 PM
We are pleased to announce that a new build was uploaded today to fix the Tools disappearing issue as well as a few other minor issues.

We wish to thank everyone who brought this issue to our attention both here on the Forum and by direct contact and appreciate your patience over this issue.

We will continue to monitor the Forum should there be any other issues.

Thank you!

Your Koolhaus Support Team

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 22, 16 9:16 PM
Yay, thank you Koolhaus! Hopefully the patch also addressed the issue of some of the trophies being unachievable also...

[Post New]by simplicity49 on Jan 23, 16 4:14 AM
Playing on a desktop pc using Windows 10 -- Cannot get new map to load
Played Nile Delta, Laguna Veneta, Andalusa, Cairo,Venice, Granada. There are 2 more but neither will load. Help

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 23, 16 11:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

As koolhaus mentioned, a new update for Antique Shop: Lost Gems Egypt is now available! For steps on applying the update, please take a look at the following thread:

UPDATE! New version available for Antique Shop: Lost Gems Egypt - January 23, 2016

If any issues emerge after applying the update, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be more than happy to help.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 23, 16 5:25 PM
simplicity49 wrote:Playing on a desktop pc using Windows 10 -- Cannot get new map to load
Played Nile Delta, Laguna Veneta, Andalusa, Cairo,Venice, Granada. There are 2 more but neither will load. Help

Welcome to the pond!

There are only 150 levels and 6 scrolls, no more. Don't know why the game map shows two extra spots in the scroll storage but it was probably an oversight in the game design or else there's a CE out elsewhere.

dee1954
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dee1954 on Jan 31, 16 12:10 AM
why do you put up a fix for the game and no one can download it... went into my app clicked on options went to game downloads manually and clicked updates and got no updates available... still would like to know why it has not been fixed as everyone is waiting.................

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 31, 16 9:52 AM
dee1954 wrote:why do you put up a fix for the game and no one can download it... went into my app clicked on options went to game downloads manually and clicked updates and got no updates available... still would like to know why it has not been fixed as everyone is waiting.................

It might help if you read some of the other threads in this forum.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 1, 16 11:02 AM
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that some players are having issues installing the latest update. Oftentimes, uninstalling and reinstalling the game from your Big Fish Games App does help. I'll include steps below:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If you find that you are still having issues with the update, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report as bfgPanthalassa mentioned. The support team has the tools to further assist.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by michaelmt1009 on Feb 1, 16 3:27 PM
I completed level 25 and it will not go any further. It keeps taking me back to the same level. Any suggestions?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 2, 16 7:02 AM
michaelmt1009 wrote:I completed level 25 and it will not go any further. It keeps taking me back to the same level. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the pond!

Sounds like you might have the older version of this game it if doesn't show you the "end game" blurb when you finish the 6th scroll or if it is showing you the 25th level of the 1st scroll every time you open the game. Try getting the updated version to see if that helps. You can also click on any scroll in the box without a padlock to go there.

BTW once you finish the game it does appear that you're "stuck" at the 25th level of scroll 6 but you can go back to any of the previously completed levels/scrolls by clicking on the scrolls in the box. There aren't any more than 150 levels total.

pamsl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by pamsl on Feb 15, 16 6:42 AM
I've had it tell me there are no more moves when there are. It's happened a few times now - I'm setting up a move and am about to make it (and see it right in front of me) and it tells me there are no more moves.

It's not reproducible, of course.

psl

s_jjones
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by s_jjones on Mar 6, 16 9:52 AM
For as many hours as I have played this game, that 'no moves/no power ups' has come up consistently, and I too have set up moves just to see that message. I love this game, despite it being fraught with bugs, most have been fixed, just not this one. In one of my profiles I have 3 stars on every level except one game in Cairo, but still cannot obtain the various achievements, even though I know I made numerous matches of the same color many times. But oh well, like I said, I've enjoyed hours playing - thanks for a great game.

Go to: