bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Dark Architect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 19, 16 2:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear people have been encountering some trouble near the end of the game. I suggest taking a look at the following help article, which can address a variety of errors and problems, including freezing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I understand people are interested in a fix for this issue. While I'd like to be able to confirm future updates, the Forum Moderation Team isn't given that information ahead of time. However, whenever an update is released we will absolutely post that information in the forums.

The best thing to do when encountering a technical issue is to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools necessary to gather data on and report issues like these, and are more than willing to help.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Dark Architect Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 21, 16 10:26 PM
There seems to be a glitch in the game for a number of us, when it comes to the Gift Boxes. By the time we get to the end of the bonus game, and check in Extras, only 1 (of 3) boxes is showing up, and sometimes not even that.

I found 2, including the bonus game gift box, and only it showed up after I had finished.

The other possible problem is that they don't appear to do anything 'special' when you click on them in Extras

Jen

fencer12
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by fencer12 on Jan 22, 16 1:43 AM
where do i find the painting to finish in extras. cant start third chapter until i do.

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

No Sound!

[Post New]by SuzyF on Jan 24, 16 12:55 PM
What?? Speak up! I can't hear you!

If you can't even fix the sound issue, what hope do we have there will be fix for the more major issues of the game?!? Seriously? I thought these games were beta tested? Did no one notice the lack of sound? It's pretty bad when we have to go to the tech issues forum FIRST to check on glitches in a game before we even demo it. It should be the exception, NOT the rule. Come on Big Fish - enough is enough. Your reputation is beginning to tarnish.

Oh and not that it matters, but I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit.

[Post New]by Jumbo13 on Jan 27, 16 1:30 AM
Hi guys. Saw this topic and decided to drop some questions.

There is a number of posts saying people have trouble with sound in a game.
Is there any chance that you guys get a pop-up window saying "The sound card is disabled or not installed. The game will continue without sound" just when you start the game? Or maybe it's some hardware problem. If you can post your sound card information (the titles at least) I may come up with some more specific information.
Thank you for your attention and have a good time playing.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 28, 16 1:52 PM
Another with no sound. Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Realtek High Definition Audio

Two uninstall/reinstalls with no change.

[Post New]by NEANER69 on Jan 28, 16 2:55 PM
after i downloaded the game it comes up with error: access violation at 0x007FCA43, program terminated when i try to open it

[Post New]by Jumbo13 on Jan 28, 16 11:27 PM
joyce2121 wrote:Another with no sound. Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Realtek High Definition Audio

Two uninstall/reinstalls with no change.

Hello, joyce2121!

Are there any pop-up windows appearing when you start the game as if in my post earlier on this page? I am running the same system as you do and I have no problem with sound in game. Cheers!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 30, 16 8:09 AM
Hi Jumbo13.

No, no pop-up windows, just a complete lack of sound and this is the
only game I've ever had a problem with sound.

[Post New]by Kevingo on Jan 30, 16 12:23 PM
It says to complete the painting in extras to unlock the third game. I can not find this painting that needs to be done.

[Post New]by Jumbo13 on Jan 31, 16 11:07 PM
joyce2121 wrote:Hi Jumbo13.

No, no pop-up windows, just a complete lack of sound and this is the
only game I've ever had a problem with sound.

Hi, joyce2121!
Thank you for your reply. This is a strange situation indeed. I've checked the game on different PCs and had no trouble with sound. It really must be a hardware problem. Will investigate further and come up with some information later.

azoch
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by azoch on Feb 2, 16 9:55 PM
how do i get to play the bonus game. i cannot locate anything to click onto.
please advise me... as i have already finished the game but now would like to play the bonus game....

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Feb 11, 16 12:42 PM
Running Windows 7. Sound at first. closed game, went back in-no sound. Closed game, went back in-sound. Closed game-went back in, no sound. will now uninstall and reinstall.

[Post New]by mayflye on Feb 11, 16 4:09 PM
Tech issue or gaming issue? I can't get to Primus. I have finished the mansion and can't go thru map or see any options to get to the tower?

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 4:09:24 PM PST

[Post New]by TomSchulte on Apr 13, 16 10:06 AM
Every time I try to load the game it just makes a pop up error message come up.

It says:
Lua error has occured

Then the clickable OK box under the ERROR message.

When I click OK it just exits the window that was trying to open the game, but that window is black anyway when pop up LUA ERROR message is up.

Anyone else with this problem and could you fix it? If so what did you do because I REALLY want to play it again.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Running Windows 10 64-bit.

Edited on 04/13/2016 at 10:32:47 AM PST

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Jun 3, 16 9:07 AM
Deleted by o/p. Figured it out.

Edited on 06/03/2016 at 9:24:15 AM PST

Go to: