MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Jan 16, 16 12:44 PM
Opened up the game, have sound, but no picture

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kswife on Jan 16, 16 1:06 PM
glendalekid wrote:Having the same problem with the fire - cannot put out #3.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Jan 16, 16 1:54 PM
Task bar missing.

I'm at the water mill, have found the map and went to give it to Ashley, but the task bar is missing and I can't do it. I've gone back outside and the task bar is there, but when I go into the water mill to hand it to her, its gone. I can't go any further. If there is no answer to this, then I will have to delete the game. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Has anyone had this?

OzGuy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:The Key To The Plane ...

[Post New]by OzGuy on Jan 16, 16 2:01 PM
I can't seem to unlock the plane ... the key vanished when I tried to use it after completing all the other tasks at the hangar ... it seems I am not alone with this issue, and right at the end of the game too ...

This has been an awesome game and I would like to finish it ...

When will we get a fix ?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 16, 16 2:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear people have been encountering problems in the game. Thank you beardedfish for taking the time to reply with that workaround for the key. For anyone seeing an issue occurring, I also recommend reading the following help articles, which have steps that can help resolve these types of issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

belamba, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about this. We certainly want to make sure everyone is able to play their games without issue. All released games are thoroughly tested on a variety of software and hardware platforms. However, due to the wide range of options available for computers, different issues may come up. If anyone is seeing a problem specifically on their Mac, the following help article has troubleshooting steps that can help in a wide range of situations:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

tystik4, I completely understand the frustration when an issue emerges in a game. With this in mind, in the future there may be a more productive way to phrase your question about getting answers. If you have an urgent issue or question, please feel free to PM a moderator, or contact our Support Team.

If anyone continues to see an issue or has a technical question, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are happy to help, and have the tools necessary to gather information on and report issues like these.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 16, 16 2:48 PM
I understand there's a question about a fix for these issues. While I'd like to be able to confirm any future updates, the Moderation Team just isn't given advanced information on updates. However, once we receive that information, we'll absolutely post in the forums.

While the Moderation Team understands wanting to make sure technical problems get taken care of, please keep the Forum Rules in mind while posting. Specifically:

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

In order to keep the forums easy to use and accessible, we ask that posts stay game specific. If anyone has a question not related to a particular game, please feel free to PM a moderator, and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 01/16/2016 at 2:52:06 PM PST

Re:Key to the plane

[Post New]by Needles1352 on Jan 16, 16 4:07 PM
I am at the end of the game and the key disappeared and I can't unlock the plane to get the daughter out and end this. I read another player's workaround and it didn't make any sense to me. I hope the developers issue a patch soon.

Key issue in bonus chapter

[Post New]by KarlaBG on Jan 16, 16 5:41 PM
Had the same issue with the key, and while I appreciate the advice given, I'm not sure why I need to play the entire game again to resolve the issue (unless I'm misunderstanding the resolution presented). Did QA not play the entire game through the end?

Edited on 01/16/2016 at 5:42:04 PM PST

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Jan 16, 16 6:09 PM
I have Windows 7 should be compatible. Just get error message. Can't even play. Bummer.

[Post New]by ltlangelsmom1 on Jan 16, 16 8:26 PM
I change the resolution to the smallest one and put out the fire and than i change my setting

Dibbydoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Dibbydoo on Jan 16, 16 10:16 PM
MonsterHound07 wrote:I finished the main game and was all the way through the bonus game, to the point of saving my daughter from the plane. I went to put the key in the airplane door, but the key disappeared. The hint says there is nothing to do in that scene. I can't finish the game without the key. This is very frustrating to be so close and have the game glitch at the very end.

The key disappeared at the end of the bonus game for me too. I have clicked on the airplane more than once, before and after the fight with Rob. I can go no further.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 16, 16 10:20 PM
Same issue with the key at the end of the bonus chapter. There is no "work around" as I did exactly what a fellow fish recommended to no avail. This needs a fix!!! (running Win 7 Pro-64).

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Jan 16, 16 10:58 PM
The airplane key disappeared at the very last moment, when I was trying to unlock the door on the airplane... A lot of others are having the same problem so I know it is not my computer. I have Windows Vista 64-bit.

Edited on 01/16/2016 at 11:18:11 PM PST

nypitterpat
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by nypitterpat on Jan 16, 16 11:25 PM
I finished the main game and was all the way through the bonus game, to the point of saving my daughter from the plane. I went to put the key in the airplane door, but the key disappeared. The hint says there is nothing to do in that scene. I can't finish the game without the key. This is very frustrating to be so close and have the game glitch at the very end. I am using a PC on Windows 8.1
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Jan 17, 16 12:12 AM
MonsterHound07 wrote:I finished the main game and was all the way through the bonus game, to the point of saving my daughter from the plane. I went to put the key in the airplane door, but the key disappeared. The hint says there is nothing to do in that scene. I can't finish the game without the key. This is very frustrating to be so close and have the game glitch at the very end.

I had the same problem. Very frustrating. (Windows 7)

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

[Post New]by Furryfury on Jan 17, 16 12:16 AM
beardedfish wrote:Hello fishies,

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

I'm running this game on our family's computer with Win7.

I also had a problem with a key disappearing in the CE chapter, same as Ryvon, MonsterHound07 and bonggamer. The key disappeared from the airplane lock and I couldn't progress any further.

I would have given up just there and then but I noticed that the girl was in the plane and was wondering how I didn't notice her being dragged or getting locked in the plane. So I decided to start a new game.

Once I got to the CE part with an airfield, I immediately clicked on a plane and what do you know the girl was already there. So I talked to her and tried to open the door. After that I progressed through the rest of the game and after the fight with Rob, I used the key on the plane door and finished the game.

So to recap: As soon as you get to the CE click on the plane and try open the door and everything should be ok for you.

I hope this helps everyone!

This workaround wouldn't have helped me (even if I wanted to play the game over again just for the last 10 seconds of the game), because I had already done this and the key still disappeared when I tried to use it.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 17, 16 12:23 AM
Windows 10 user, I also have a black screen at start.

[Post New]by AutumnCedar on Jan 17, 16 1:16 AM
I really like the look of the game, but I am having the same problem with putting out the fire on the barn as reported by some of the other players...really hope this can get resolved.

Homeimps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Homeimps on Jan 17, 16 1:46 AM
Cannot put out the right-hand fire as the hose will not move over that far. I tried setting the resolution several different ways but still can't get it to work. Hope there will be a fix for this.

Homeimps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Homeimps on Jan 17, 16 1:51 AM
Re: My earlier post about putting out the fire, just wanted to add I'm running Vista 32 bit.

Go to: