Senior Citizens sign in!!

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Jan 30, 16 12:35 PM
I do not get the lottery tickets as I am a non-Facebooker and hopefully will never have to be! Been there, done that.... My head still hurts! Lol... My only income comes from the daily selling of resources, any goldrush, sometimes a gift of 20 coins in a chest... And of course reg. gameplay... So I must be very frugal and strategic in spending! Kinda like life as a senior! Here's to the game name your poison...

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 3231672 on Jan 30, 16 1:48 PM
I am also a senior. Love the game. But gets so frustrated when you get to a level that is impossible to get out of like 113-1 in Rome.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Feb 1, 16 7:45 AM
oke, guess i'm official a senior now. New Orleans just added 10yrs and some grey hair, overnight! That city is just sucking all the fun out of playing, and to the players who could get past this horrendes town; I respect you Alot!

@Neenla. i could use a drink now please, make it two!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 1, 16 11:03 AM
I already had gray hair when I started NO and I think it turned white there! Mind you, Shanghai and Seoul are no easy trek either so be prepared is all I can say.... Currently I am plodding through Havana which is a cantankerous and expensive city and flirting with Rio which is tricky but more interesting since we got a 15 day free shot at it. I would happily join you guys for a drink???

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Feb 1, 16 8:52 PM
Hey Gummy Grey Gang! they're on me gorgeous guys n dolls..
Pic this..eve at a cafe off to the corner is a table surrounded by glamorous giddy greys in island regalia, fab jewelry with nails just done, salon styled hair, sipping cocktails or coffee, sharing the best appetizers, cake, and desserts.....(hey it's a dream).. listening to Buffet records on a jukebox.l several iPads-subconsciously playing GD: just need a level! Next day.....hysterically laughing and absolutely having the time of their life.....the same people, same place, same game and still needing a boost & coinage!

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Feb 2, 16 3:38 AM
Trav3lbird wrote:I already had gray hair when I started NO and I think it turned white there! Mind you, Shanghai and Seoul are no easy trek either so be prepared is all I can say....

That comment should say 'Spoiler alert' Trav3lbird.
just saw myself with Einstein's hairdo, and a brain like a dryed up walnut!

Ahhhh Thanks Neenla for saving the day!
Now thats a vision i can relate too haha, as soon i'm done with New Orléans
drinks or on me!!! (if any coins left)...but dont hold your breath...
Cheers!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 3231672 on Feb 5, 16 12:49 PM
Still trying to complete level 113-1 master builder in ROME. Pulling my hair out LOL.

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Feb 5, 16 2:04 PM
323: why are you trying to beat Rome 113 MB level? You don't need it to advance. You can get all the resources you need to finish Rome, in fact, by replaying level 87. So I don't understand . . .

[Post New]by gottwelve on Feb 5, 16 5:51 PM
I've been playing for a long time and have over 300 games that I've purchased, as so many have said these games are a great way for a senior to amuse themselves and provide a bit of brain stimulation. Sadly I can no longer play except for a few games that appear as icons on my screen. I recently moved and had to change my email and now I cannot download any of my previously purchased games. After many emails back and forth with big fish support the problem has not been solved and the support team keeps asking for the same info. I've given up. Sadly no new games for this senior.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 5, 16 7:09 PM
I must admit I have never purchased a game, must be the Scottish side of my ancestry doesn't like me spending money! I even have trouble convincing myself to spend the coins I earn in this game..... However the Irish ancestors approve of me having a drink in the evening when I've lost all my lives in the game

snowmanvt
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 6, 16 7:02 AM
Gottwelve: I hope that "got twelve" doesnt refer to the number of kids or grandkids!!

I have always had great response from Bryant at csinquiries@bigfishgames.com. He is very helpful. Maybe if you write to Big Fish and put ATTN:Bryant in the subject line it will get to him. Good luck.

If this works, you owe me a extra dry martini

Chuck

Edited on 02/06/2016 at 7:06:21 AM PST

snowmanvt
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 6, 16 11:57 AM
Okay Seniors.....are you frustrated by the demands of Gummy Drop? Do you snarl and fume at the board that ends with one move left? I have the solution....a match 3 game you cannot possibly lose, ever.

I hope it is not against posting rules to name another game in this forum, if so I apologize and just delete me.

Ultimate Jewel by BalloonIsland is a basic game that requires matches but has no move or time limits--you just keep playing until you win the level. In fact, you often have to slow down and make extra matches to get all three jewels. The game is not at all on the GD level and has no special boosts or rewards or payments. But after the frustrations of GD (I am on Rio level 96) it does calm the mind back down.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Feb 8, 16 10:01 PM
Hey gang....it's me drudging thru the door at "In the Drink..." Pub....everyone yells my name as we do for all the regulars... kinda like Cheers except we carry iPads and possess tech abilities we've had to acquire over the years, ...playing FTP games! (Snow, think possibly it is, but hey...everything seems to be... Sometimes just gotta go for it...Good to know, another venue. .) Sanzi - am also at NOLA and it's given me a royal headache! I have a disability and there's too many --blankety-blank- timed levels, they're hammering me! I can do one (ample time) now and again, not over & over again ... I am forced to leave them behind, later...much later, more like the "never" pile. I find as levels get more unattainable, of course reasons to continue dwindles as well as momentum .. chunks of coins are littering my screens! $60 here and there, everywhere! Would be nice to .."dial down" the intensity... Like amateur/professional... its been kicked around here before. Snow maybe I should defect now, to your new "find"

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 9, 16 12:40 AM
I would love to see some of the "professional" players and how they can get through a lot of the master builder levels - I have enough trouble with the interns most of the time
and currently staggering in Havana, could do,with that drink Neena to get past level 68.

snowmanvt
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 9, 16 7:56 AM
Not a professional, but I am on level 102 in Rio currently. I find that since Havana I have had to earn coins by going back to earlier cities to buy extra moves and shovels to complete master levels. Also, the few times I get five extra moves on the wheel helps. I always back out of poor starting positions and have patience--and only use a boost when I can actually see that I can win with the boost. No "hoping". But, while I initially thought using boosts was "cheating", I now realize that they are an essential part of the game strategy.

But now I need 3,000,000 pinkies for completing all ten levels in Rio 100-110.
This may be the end. But, I have said that before. Eventually, the colors line-up and "bingo" it works out.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 9, 16 3:41 PM
I find I hardly ever do the master levels on my current city but that when I need coins I go back to earlier cities and pick them up there and often find the masters are easier than when I originally tried them... Mind you- I just ignore LANO and Shanghai, no sense in trying to achieve the impossible with those cities. And thanks snowman, now I know to keep shipping those pinks!

bukie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by bukie on Feb 11, 16 1:13 PM
Hi all!
Also a senior, just an observation that I have come across, when doing the spinning wheel I have noticed that it is not friendly to the player in the mornings very frustrating, it is a lot like me slow in the morning then I gather a little speed after I get moving .Has anyone seen this happening?

[Post New]by spaceball66 on Feb 11, 16 4:33 PM
I am also a Senior into her 70`s. Would like 2 know how I can get back my former levels as I had 2 re-start my P.C. & lost my current status. Can some 1 help? I have looked every where & can`t seem 2 find out where 2 do this.
Spaceball66

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 4:35:07 PM PST

Mangoban
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mangoban on Feb 12, 16 2:43 AM
I too am a Senior. I sometimes press the tick for more moves by mistake, and 150 coins goes away! I have done this several times.
Has anyone else had this problem?
One way to resolve this is for the Tech team to put in a pop up which asks you to confirm this spend.
What do others think?
I am on Rome HH 105 and just can't get enough green gems.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 12, 16 7:53 PM
We have brought this problem of the inadvertent purchase to the attention of the moderators heaps of times and they always say they have referred,it to the developers but nothing is ever done. I think all of us have done it several times and now I just have to be more careful. For green gems go and play Rome 87 or Tokyo 45 and 107 with those games you can almost always win and then trade your resources for the green gems. Good luck!

Go to: