dgbtrbgh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parallels Cross here.

[Post New]by dgbtrbgh on Jan 18, 16 2:36 PM
I played the demo with Windows 10. Absolutely no problems. I love the challenge of the game. No one is going to hold your hand in this game.

As copied from the technical stats:
AMD 2gig quad core processor with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
8 gigs of ram
64 bit operating system and x64 based processor

I hope this information is helpful to the devs to solve the problem for other systems.

[Post New]by TateCollins on Jan 18, 16 3:09 PM
Well I have Windows 7 and I have an Nvidia GeForce graphics card.
Apparently the developers made this for Windows 10 and forgot to support Nvidia cards.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 18, 16 4:00 PM
TateCollins wrote:Well I have Windows 7 and I have an Nvidia GeForce graphics card.
Apparently the developers made this for Windows 10 and forgot to support Nvidia cards.

I am also using Win7-64 with a NVidia GeForce graphics card but had no problems what so ever with the game. My resolution is set at the recommended 1440x900 for a landscaped monitor. I hope this helps someone.

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Jan 18, 16 5:22 PM
Same problem as everybody else, running Windows XP. It shouldn't matter what system you're running, the game should be tested and work for all users and platforms.

TECH ISSUES for Parallels Cross

[Post New]by MARGIEB50 on Jan 18, 16 8:39 PM
Game won't load properly on my screen it sits at bottom right hand corner and the cursor just draws silly patterns. Uninstalled and reinstalled, No change. Have to use task manager to close game.
Using Vista pk2

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on Jan 18, 16 10:28 PM
Same problem here. Windows 7
Exactly as MargieB50

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 19, 16 2:59 AM
Just for info:

Running Win7 Professional 64-bit on a 9 year old desktop PC (which has had some upgrades!). Widescreen monitor with a screen resolution of 1920x1080 and a Radeon HD5670 graphics card (the original NVidia card wouldn't support my monitor). This game plays perfectly with no technical issues whatsoever.

Edited on 01/19/2016 at 3:03:02 AM PST

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Jan 19, 16 4:05 AM

Running Vista 32-bit
Game does not load properly on my screen it sits at bottom right hand corner and the cursor just draws silly patterns - have to alt delete to get out of it.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jan 19, 16 6:58 AM
silver64 wrote:

Game does not load properly on my screen it sits at bottom right hand corner and the cursor just draws silly patterns - have to alt delete to get out of it.

Same here, running windows 7 64 bits

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jan 19, 16 9:38 AM
Same problem as everyone else. Windows XP.

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Jan 19, 16 10:32 AM
Same problem with this game only showing up in a small window on the right bottom corner of the screen. Had to use the Task Manager to get out. To bad because it looked like a good game.

Running Windows Home Premium 32-bit

[Post New]by force1404 on Jan 19, 16 1:07 PM
just joined the crowd of same tech problem stuck in the right hand corner and the cursor has a mind of it's own. That's a shame sounded like a good game,been with big fish for years and had very little problems running windows 7

Edited on 01/19/2016 at 1:10:58 PM PST

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Jan 19, 16 2:31 PM
abcwxy wrote:Same problem as Crispypot
Running Windows 7 32-bit

Same problem. Windows 7 Home, 64 Bit

[Post New]by TateCollins on Jan 19, 16 3:51 PM
My guess is it's a video driver issue. Nvidia just won't provide the newest drivers to owners of older graphics cards. And I bet the newer drivers would probably work since I haven't seen anyone with Windows 10 complain yet.

Edited on 01/19/2016 at 3:52:43 PM PST

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Jan 19, 16 4:20 PM
I have Nvidia graphics video card and had no issues. My computer is just Windows 7 64 bit.
Could it be that some here need their drivers to be updated?
I do run an awesome driver updater from time to time(Driver Booster3) by Iobit...it takes care of all driver updating and I have had no bad things happen.
I like the program so much that I ended up supporting them but the regular version is free.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Jan 19, 16 6:26 PM
Thanks, heleanthia, I've been looking for a good driver updater. Will check them out now. I don't mind paying, just so long as it works.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Jan 19, 16 6:53 PM
I've just downloaded the 1 hour trial, which I never do, just to see if it works. And yes it does. I have Windows Home Premium 64 bit with AMD Radeon HD6560 graphics. I remember vaguely a long time ago when something similar happened and it was to do with Direct X. Just make sure that you have the Direct X acceleration features turned on on your computer. Hope this helps.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Jan 20, 16 8:39 AM
I had the same problem but what I always do is check the stuff that BigFish always asks us to check like updated video cards etc which is all on the help pages. Then if that does not work I send a DrFelix report and ALWAYS get a response in two to three days along with a FREEGAME code so I do not lose out on anything. Plus the Freegame is standard OR collectors. So instead of being upset over anything I am equipped with a new game and anyone that I choose. Good luck you guys. I am a happy camper. Jacki Warren

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 8:40:38 AM PST

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Jan 20, 16 10:37 AM
For anyone with a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card.

You might benefit from the "NVIDIA GeForce Experience" install. Use what is between the quote marks in a search engine to learn more. There's a video to watch from the GeForce Experience website where you can get the install, if you want to see it in action. Once installed, it will check for driver updates for your specific GeForce card and notify you when a newer driver is available. If you don't want to install a newer driver, you don't have to nor will it install an update without your prompting it to. All it does is notify and then lets you make the decision. It keeps an icon in your system tray for easy access.

The only time I had a game displaying improperly, I checked and sure enough there was a driver update for my GeForce that I had missed. After updating the driver, the game ran perfectly.

**Disclaimer**
NVIDIA GeForce Experience download/install is for NVIDIA GeForce graphic cards only.

Rbnhall6
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Rbnhall6 on Jan 20, 16 6:13 PM
I have windows 7. The game loads fine, but the screen is black. I can hear the music, but I can only see the curser on the edges of the screen. These kinds of games are what I wait for. You churn out the same hopa day after day, and for those of us that are sick to death of them, ( I own ove 350) really look forward to something like this, and now it won't play. I sure hope you can help Robin

Go to: