ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:Fantastic Farm comments and reviews

[Post New]by ajuma on Nov 28, 09 8:26 PM
Lovely, you have to make sure that the cat is surrounded by a square before you check. That little guy is really small, and the square is even smaller, so sometimes it's hard to get it just right.

bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bechaupt on Nov 29, 09 1:23 AM
You have to have milk in your inventory (picked up) and then click right on the centre of the cat, move the cursor to the centre of the cat and then wait until you see a small yellow square then click.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Nov 29, 09 5:23 PM
Thankyou, both of you. Now I need another cow but I can't fit him anywhere.
Can you move things or am I out of luck.?

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Nov 29, 09 7:19 PM
Sure, you can move things! click on the hand on the lower right of the screen. This also pauses the game.

tm501
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by tm501 on Nov 30, 09 12:38 PM
Can you fill ahead orders? Like say you know you need 10 sweaters towards the end of the game but always run out of time. Can you start doing them at the beginning and stockpile them in the barn?

Edited on 11/30/2009 at 12:39:11 PM PST

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Nov 30, 09 5:30 PM
Ajuma; thankyou again! Now I have 2 cows.

Prttyysadms
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Prttyysadms on Dec 1, 09 5:32 AM
I beta tested this game also and found this to be such a wonderful game. It keeps you on your toes. Once again another wonderful game that has been released.

glitter60
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Enhanced mouse pointer?

[Post New]by glitter60 on Dec 1, 09 10:46 AM
Am I the only one finding that the mouse pointer is kind of floaty?
Other than that, I love the game. I am playing in Normal mode.

Ranch Rush used to be my favorite game also.

luvgames77
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by luvgames77 on Dec 1, 09 1:41 PM
Glitter60, I too have found the mouse is kinda floaty (good analagee) have no idea how to spell that word. Anyway, I have gotten used to it though glad I am not the only one.

glitter60
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by glitter60 on Dec 1, 09 3:40 PM
I just crashed. Was the level where I was using the Cauldron. Something about loading bitmap?????

I think I am going to uninstall and reinstall to see if that might help.

I'd rather have my regular mouse pointer. I don't like these big fat ones that are moving in slow motion.

[Post New]by Deceptive on Dec 2, 09 4:54 PM
has anyone had a problem on the first level that you use the cauldron that when you put the enchanted oranges into the barn it doesnt accept them or count them off the required amount for the level?

[Post New]by FairyGodmother10 on Dec 3, 09 7:29 PM
Best game I have played all year!! Is fantastic. The last level is a massive challenge, but so much fun. I would highly recommend this game, especially to anyone who also likes the 'build a lot' style of game or magical games such as 'Fairy Godmother Tycoon'. Mr Jones Graveyard Shift is quite similar too but spookier. I would love to see sequels to this game :-) Thanks!

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Dec 4, 09 6:20 AM
Just finished the trial mode and checking here before buying. I absolutely love Ranch and this is very similar. As one of the older members of the gaming group - my biggest problem is the smallness of the numbers and seeing the orders. It is sometimes difficult to distinquish between the feather and the sweater. The one thing I appreciate about Ranch is it has items and numbers large enough to view them and keep up with orders. It slows me down horribly to try and squint to see how many and what is needed even by the cow when you are trying to hurry. It is also hard to distinquish the seeds on the bags, I'm learning by placement. Is there a way to solve this problem as I'm sure I would love this game as much as Ranch as I adore the extra animals - like the cat!

I'm editing my comments, I purchased the game and it is installed. I had bought the chicken just when my trial time ran out. So I've finished every task except I've fed and picked up 10 dozen eggs and it still says I need two dozen more and I can't end the game. Also, the cows each have one bottle of milk and say to feed them 3 wheat but after I feed them - I don't get a second bottle of milk. Do the sheep, cows, etc. only produce one item at a time for gathering. In ranch you can gather 3 of each item ahead of time. I don't remember it saying anything in the tutitoral on how many items will be produced for finishing other orders.

Edited on 12/04/2009 at 6:51:22 AM PST

[Post New]by surfmistress on Dec 4, 09 4:05 PM
So I've finished every task except I've fed and picked up 10 dozen eggs and it still says I need two dozen more and I can't end the game. Also, the cows each have one bottle of milk and say to feed them 3 wheat but after I feed them - I don't get a second bottle of milk. Do the sheep, cows, etc. only produce one item at a time for gathering. In ranch you can gather 3 of each item ahead of time. I don't remember it saying anything in the tutitoral on how many items will be produced for finishing other orders.

Welcome to my world, Joyfullady Try collecting wool instead of eggs to fill those orders. Sometimes they can be very hard to tell apart! I must have lost the level six times until Kristanix (one of the game developers) was nice enough to tell me to try that. After that, I beat the level with lots of time to spare.

All of the animals only produce one at a time instead of three at a time like Ranch Rush, same for all the machines. At least with the machines you can stock them ahead of time and as soon as you grab the finished product, the next one will start production.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Dec 5, 09 5:03 AM
Thank you - thank you, Surfmistress - wool it was indeed. Unfortunately, I restarted it 4 times and reinstalled it - LOL! Took me a while to feed the cat and find the direct square hit! but I love him. If I can figure out the little numbers and item differences I think this is a game I will enjoy almost as much as Ranch. Have to watch where that feather lands or I can't find it, even with my computer glasses. By the way how do you cut/paste and enter a copy in the blue? Thanks again!

WitchK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by WitchK on Dec 5, 09 4:49 PM
I have really enjoyed this game until now. I am on an upper level when now my cursor does not show up on screen and when I click on things the character does bot move. I can plant, dig and move, also go to store and purchase. I tried updating my graphics card and uninstalling and reinstalling game. Still no good. Anyone has any suggestions, please tell me.

[Post New]by surfmistress on Dec 7, 09 1:08 AM
Glad I could help you out Joyfullady I know I was getting frustrated when I kept taking eggs to the barn and no orders were filled. I whined here on the forum, restarted the game in both timed and relaxed mode, reinstalled (twice) and contacted tech support as well. I felt rather silly when I found it was all 'operator error', lol.

Feeding the cat can be touchy, especially if you have the barn near the edges. He seems to like curling up in the one corner where I have trouble seeing all of him. My peacocks seem to like sitting just above a plot of wheat. If the wheat is full grown and ready for harvest, the feather seems to hide just below the edge of it so I can barely see about a third of it. The first couple of times it happened I completely lost the feather since I didn't see just where it landed.

If you mean copy in the blue like this:

By the way how do you cut/paste and enter a copy in the blue?

Hit the quote button and [*quote*] should show on your screen. Copy and paste what you want just after it. When you're done, hit the quote button again and it will show [*/quote*] at the end of what you've pasted. Oh, just so you know, when you use the quote for real, there won't be any *....I needed to add those so the system didn't 'blue box' it automatically.

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on Dec 7, 09 2:41 AM
This is a fun game. I am about to try expert... WOOHOO!!!!
I zapped over to [URL Removed by Moderator] and took a look. You guys have been busy. You've written other popular games as well. Wish I had this kind of talent.

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 10:09:13 AM PST

[Post New]by spring123 on Dec 9, 09 3:14 PM
The cursor floats and bounces always on the level I am on - the time is really slow, but I can't get even close to the end with the cursor floating all over. Any way to fix that? Does anyone know?

[Post New]by LSBabe on Dec 11, 09 6:10 PM
Lag! Argh! Lag! What can I do? The game is so much less enjoyable as my hard drive refreshes the comings and goings of the events.

Okay, maybe it's just me, but I don't have this problem with other games like Farm Frenzy. What is wrong? Do I need a patch?

Go to: