Re:Welcome to Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone forum

[Post New]by soaps123 on Dec 1, 09 4:13 PM
I am stuck. I have the ring and the lion's head but can not get close to the door. Help!

[Post New]by sorshasinead on Dec 2, 09 2:33 AM
Dear Soaps123 -
I am having the same problem, and I cannot figure out if this is a game glitch or what. I have completed the Gear puzzle in the stairwell, and nothing appears at the side (supposedly the "solution" and sound of the door opening is supposed to appear at the right of the gear puzzle, but nothing happens. I have tried putting the weights on in different order, and the gears start working with all, but no solution to the right. I cannot approach the doors even though I have both the Lion Head and Ring - it just shows an arrow with a red "no entry" symbol on top of the arrow. I am going to contact customer service, as I cannot proceed. I am following the Walkthrough from Big Fish, but I can't seem to get this to work. I have tried backing out of the game, going to other rooms, all to no avail. Any help anyone? Thanks!
I'm new to the forum. Nice to meet you.
-Sorshasinead

[Post New]by sorshasinead on Dec 2, 09 7:00 AM
Dear Soaps 123
I solved it! reverse the 2 and 3 weights for the triangle and square... even though it doesn't foolow the diagram or the walkthrough, when I reversed them 2 for the triangle and 3 for the square it worked and showed the door solution... then I could approach the nanny doors, put on the Lion head and the other ring, then rotate the rings down, and go out to the courtyard!
YAY
-Sorshasinead

loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by loudlife on Dec 2, 09 12:55 PM
To everyone who had issues with the barrel and clicked a hundred time to no avail:

It's not just clicking it, you have to click on the right hand edge of it, as if you were pushing it from that side.

[Post New]by tripplett on Dec 3, 09 10:35 AM
I'm stuck on the weights can not figure out the numbers and the symbols can anyone help please

[Post New]by Schwochow2 on Dec 3, 09 12:10 PM
I need help with the weights cant figure out

[Post New]by Joanie9862 on Dec 3, 09 2:09 PM
HELP...I get to the crypt door with the blue crystal ball and am told parts of the crystal ball stand are missing. I have searched each room and cannot find. Where are they?
jcnettleton3@yahoo.com

Edited on 12/03/2009 at 2:10:24 PM PST

[Post New]by itmart49 on Dec 3, 09 4:08 PM
[quote = tripplett] Je suis bloqué sur les poids ne peuvent pas comprendre les chiffres et les symboles can anyone help s'il vous plaît [/ quote]

mcase
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mcase on Dec 4, 09 12:21 PM
I really enjoyed echoes of the past
can anyone recomend another like it ?

[Post New]by butzeca on Dec 4, 09 9:47 PM
not being very bright- how do I access the blog walkthrough- I keep going in circles.
I'm at the gate in the garden and can't figure and the oil doesn't seem to work.

[Post New]by moogie2u on Dec 5, 09 12:14 AM
how to get outside and still didnt open door next to armory

Edited on 12/05/2009 at 12:14:58 AM PST

[Post New]by RedHotPixieGirl on Dec 5, 09 12:21 AM
I am quite literally stuck in the kitchen. I've realised I missed some inventory items in the castle but don't seem to be able to go back which I have done in other part game which let you move around freely.

Any ideas how to get back to the garden/castle? Or will I need to start all over again?

Thanks

Mo x

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 5, 09 5:47 AM
You need to roll the barrel away from the door.

[Post New]by jesper12 on Dec 5, 09 3:06 PM
Help. can`t get to the kitchen

[Post New]by jesper12 on Dec 5, 09 3:24 PM
can any one help me? Right now Iam stuck at the weights in the stairwell part.Ive tried different weights together but cant seem to get it.does anyone have the answer?thanks in advance!

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Dec 5, 09 4:58 PM
2Tinker wrote: This game is GREAT but Myster Case Files Dire Grove is not wosth $19.95

I happen to like both games. I thought Dire Grove was well worth the extra bucks. I really liked having the Strategy Guide as part of the game. It certainly simplifies things. It might have been nice if the puzzles had been a bit more difficult, but since the overall adventure was pretty challenging, I guess the programmers decided to give us a break!

Of course, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I know a lot of people thought Dire Grove was well worth the money. Others did not agree with that assessment. But that is just the way things are.

Cheers!

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Dec 5, 09 5:08 PM
sorshasinead wrote:Dear Soaps 123
I solved it! reverse the 2 and 3 weights for the triangle and square... even though it doesn't foolow the diagram or the walkthrough, when I reversed them 2 for the triangle and 3 for the square it worked and showed the door solution... then I could approach the nanny doors, put on the Lion head and the other ring, then rotate the rings down, and go out to the courtyard!
YAY
-Sorshasinead

Sorshasinead -
If you noticed the formuila on the lower left side of the window it reads:

triangle + triangle + triangle = square + square = hexagon

That means that whatever weight you put on the triangle platform, then three of those will equal two of whatever weight goes on the square platfomr. Both of those would be equal to one of the weight that you place on the heaxagon platform. Given that your choices are from 1 - 9, there is only one solution to that. Highlight the area below to see it.

2 + 2 + 2 = 3 + 3 = 6 .<==== highlight for solution.

Hope that de-mysitifies the puzzle for you!

Loco^Owl

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Dec 5, 09 5:14 PM
butzeca wrote:not being very bright- how do I access the blog walkthrough- I keep going in circles.
I'm at the gate in the garden and can't figure and the oil doesn't seem to work.

Do you actually have any oil in the can? You have to fill it from the barrel in the kitchen first. Then you can apply the tip of the oiler to the hinges.

HTH!

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Dec 5, 09 5:16 PM
jesper12 wrote:can any one help me? Right now Iam stuck at the weights in the stairwell part.Ive tried different weights together but cant seem to get it.does anyone have the answer?thanks in advance!

See my reply to sorshasinead below..

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by kairee_anne on Dec 6, 09 10:02 AM
I am in the Princess' room and I can't get the green paint. I keep clicking on the green chest but nothing happens.

Go to: