Re:Jewel Quest Mysteries: Trail of the Midnight Heart - Reviews

[Post New]by mouthmaid on Dec 27, 09 10:30 AM
I really enjoyed the game although I didn't get to hear the end dialogue because I clicked out of it on accident. I liked the mixture of search and find and match 3. Kept things interesting enough for me. The graphics were beautiful on my 32 inch moniter/tv. I had no technical problems with this game. Download on broadband was not a problem either and it didn't take to long. I hope JQ comes out with another one that has more than just the boards. Only thing I would have liked was more complex boards as the game went on.

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Dec 27, 09 12:48 PM
WOULD LIKE THE GAME, BUT FOR SOME REASON THE NAVIGATION IS NOT PERFORMING WELL. THE MOUSE IS SO HARD TO MOVE, EVEN THE ANIMATION AND STALLS . THE OBJECTS ARE POORLY ILLUSRTATED. I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH THIS GAME. IT IS FUSTRATING TO PLAY.

Edited on 12/27/2009 at 12:49:58 PM PST

[Post New]by babybarbie on Jan 14, 10 9:23 PM
I like this game but i'am the same as you,mouse wont work sometimes,and miss nearly all the things when you ave to pick up 20 feathers and the such like, really p...ing off now

[Post New]by a_gram on Jan 16, 10 8:57 PM
I have just started playing my Jewel Quest II game and I really enjoy it. BUT I am stuck at the Hong Kong dock. I can not access the piece for this level because I can't find the right tool. I have tried them all and none of them work. Can anyone help??

genie60
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by genie60 on Feb 26, 10 11:38 PM
i love this game but it doesnt work well for me. i had no prob with the previous JQ game so im baffled why this one is problematic. i have windows vista, it does go to full screen, but it freezes and during the scrolling find 20 whatever it stops and starts but further down the pic so i always miss out gettting all 20. i uninstalled it and maybe i will reinstall at a later date.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 17, 10 12:21 AM
Love the game itself, but hate how choppy and slow it runs. Truly a love/hate situation. Demo-ed it and bought it and played it quite a few hours now. I really hope there will be some upgrades to the game to make it run better.

I love the jewel boards as the mini games. Other games often have picture puzzles that get really really old (Ravenhurst). I'm not a big fan of the side scrolling mini-games, but they are tolerably short and low stress.

Windyleys
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Windyleys on May 8, 10 4:33 PM
hollyodie wrote:I was enjoying the game very much and was about 3/4 of the way through. All of a sudden, in the middle of starting a new level, the game jumped back to the "Start" screen. When I started it again, it had taken me back to the very beginning! The scores show me as being "Done" Needless to say, right now I am not a very happy camper - has this happened to anyone else?

This happened to me too, 3 of the big jewels from end I was catapulted back to begining and a restart, not very pleased about it either. Thought I surely didn't have enough jewels or a big enough score to proceed further. I had collected over 330 jewels, and what I thought was a big score. Is this a fault in the game or meant to be.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 12, 10 4:44 PM
Poodlebear wrote:Wow. This is what IW calls a "Premium game"?

I am very glad I did not pay premium price for this and I am very glad I did the demo on the aforementioned much loathed but occasionally used game distributor because there are many, many aspects that make this a nooooo for me.

No Relaxed Mode

Blurry Hidden Object Scenes. Are you kidding me? At nearly 300MB and still blurry?

Reeeeally slow loading.

Very stingy hints. (yes, I know upgradable but still stingy)

Time off on 3 wrong clicks in a row?! AND a picky cursor. I clicked on a "Tibetan bell" twice before it took.

Side scrolling Hidden Object scenes just annoying and on my system did not work properly.

A return to already played Hidden Scene within... like 4 scenes? If like the previous JQM this is a typical pattern. Many many returns to the same places and objects don't change.

The one thing I liked in the past about the Jewel Quest series is they had really well developed stories. I don't know if this did because the demo was just 1/2 hour so I did not read. I assume, since nothing else much was new, this would stay true and be the single bright spot.

So, for me, a decided

I can understand some of your annoyances with this game but it was still one of the most challenging, interesting and longest games I've played in a while. They must have eliminated the side scrolling in the version I downloaded. Yes, there was a timer (which I normally dislike) and hidden objects were incredibly hard to find at times. If you used a lot of strategy (picking up enough jewels to buy extra hints, ability to freeze time, and a dragon fly to help find coins) you were able to get around these annoyances. Had to skip some of the Match 3 scenes towards the end and was glad they had this option.

I enjoyed this games and feel that it was well worth the purchase.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on May 14, 10 5:51 AM
Had a PTO day & decided to try this, demoed for an hour & bought it.
It is usually a no sale with a timer, since I'm old & half blind & run XP, but I found it interesting, a little challenging & definately replayable. Took about 3 hours, no glitches--LONG download time.
I, too, enjoyed the M3 part as a mini game & would really recommend to buy the dragon fly & addition hints early on.
A good buy for the price & very enjoyable

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 26, 10 4:23 PM
Glad you like it too, SherrieS. This game had a lot of everything - an adventure story, hidden objects, puzzles, match 3 jewel boards and yes, a whole lot of stategy involved. I got 3/4 of the way through before I realized the very clever strategy that this game required. I put my friends on to it and they liked it as much as I did. Based on my enjoyment of this game I also bought "Jewel Quest Mysteries - Curse of the Emerald Tear". Slightly different but liked it, as well. The replay value is wonderful - I've played through both games twice. Can only hope that another one is in the works.

[Post New]by gin_in_tyler on Aug 22, 10 5:23 PM
I really enjoy the music creators select for Jewel Quest games...it's often one of my favorite parts of the game. I often have problems getting this game to open from my game manager. Saw a tip about Microsoft Direct X...may give this a try. I also get frustrated at times that the game gets 'stuck' at times, meaning the music sounds like a scratched CD. This is especially annoying when the scene is scrolling by and you are trying to click on specific objects. The 'starts and stops' of the game make the screen jerk as it tries to scroll by. Has BFG offered any suggestions for those of us having difficulty with getting the game to run properly?

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 4, 12 8:30 AM
Played about 10 minutes of the demo mode and thought my eyes were going to drop out! Very small, very blurry HOGs. Seemed very sensless to me. I can't believe this is considered and premium game. Wouldn't spend $2.99 for it. Strickly HOG not much of a story or adventure. Not even a 1 in my book.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Nov 1, 12 8:25 AM
Hi all, I'm a big fan of the Jewel Quest games BUT, as many others have said, I am so disappointed with this one. The (so called) hidden objects are very blurry and poorly photographed, apart from being almost impossible to see - I was penalised for attempting to click on what looked like an item but wasn't! Boo! I don't mind a difficult Hidden Object Game but this one is very below the usual Jewel Quest standard. The game board was the same as usual (and I would guess gets more and more difficult as the game progresses) BUT will I be able to stand the rest of the game for much longer? I live in hopes so will probably purchase it (to add to my collection - I have all the rest) and struggle through 'til the end. What a shame - I've been so looking forward to the latest Jewel Quest too! Never mind - onward and upward!
Love to all you lovely fishes Pat_ric_ia x

Go to: